Stealth Sonics IEM impressions thread
Jul 20, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #76 of 96

Yeah I picked a simple design nothing fancy smoke shells, transparent blue and orange for left and right...
Transparent is a good idea with the C9 Pro, the craftsmanship is great!

Sonically the more I listen the more I see commonalities with the VE8 as much as the FIBAE7, in fact the C9 Pro bring more lower treble energy than the VE8 with just as exquisite upper treble which is no small feat IMHO. Also more slam in the bass which is ultimately two of the reasons I sold the VE8 eventually. As @Deezel177 wrote the C9 Pro is different from the FIBAE7 in the lower and upper mids section, I'd add the F7 to me has more sub bass.

Outside of any comparison, the C9 Pro might be the end of my quest for a while, it ticks all my boxes and was the missing piece in my collection and a top performer as well...

Jul 23, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #78 of 96
Yeah I picked a simple design nothing fancy smoke shells, transparent blue and orange for left and right...
Transparent is a good idea with the C9 Pro, the craftsmanship is great!

Sonically the more I listen the more I see commonalities with the VE8 as much as the FIBAE7, in fact the C9 Pro bring more lower treble energy than the VE8 with just as exquisite upper treble which is no small feat IMHO. Also more slam in the bass which is ultimately two of the reasons I sold the VE8 eventually. As @Deezel177 wrote the C9 Pro is different from the FIBAE7 in the lower and upper mids section, I'd add the F7 to me has more sub bass.

Outside of any comparison, the C9 Pro might be the end of my quest for a while, it ticks all my boxes and was the missing piece in my collection and a top performer as well...

Holy smoke... I'm very happy for you my friend :hugging:

The shells are beautiful, just the right amount of grey in the transparency

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2020 at 5:54 AM Post #79 of 96
I recently got a couple of sets of the Sedna Earfit Xelastec tips.
I've never liked the feel of silicone tips and (with the exception of the Symbio hybrids) never use them.
The Xelastecs have changed all that.
Just tried them on my Stealth Sonics U4, and the results were quite astonishing!

I've been using New Bee foam tips (large size, wide bore) with the U4.

The new Xelastec tips really bring a*significant* change in character.
I hear the upper mids and treble to be elevated and with significantly greater clarity.
The low end seems a bit diminished in presence and power, and there's a decrease in the warmth and richness that I love so much about the U4.

Switching back to the New Bee foam tips, what's interesting is that I expected I might feel a sense of dissonance or disappointment at a reduction in that treble and clarity.
But in fact the feeling was more like coming home in winter and sinking into a luxurious armchair/sofa in front of a log fire :)
I suppose I've really gotten used to that gorgeous rich, warm, thick timbre and, above all, the blissfully smooth sound signature.
It's my go-to IEM when I'm feeling stressed or fatigued.

It's not really a matter of one sound signature option being better than the other; simply a question of preferences.
I suppose what this means is that I now realise the U4 is able to cater for a more diverse range of tastes than I previously thought :)

Aug 30, 2020 at 1:53 AM Post #81 of 96
I heard the company is closed? Is it true guys? I have a stealth sonic U2. I love it, well, after decreasing the lower freq by 3 db till 500hz.
Where did you hear that?

Aug 30, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #83 of 96
In Indian audiophile forum

I would be careful about spreading hearsay from unreliable source.

I have the upcoming C9 Pro review in progress and let me tell you, if the company was closing it would be going out with a bang believe me the C9 Pro is very much a very strong competitor right now in a tough market :wink:

Aug 31, 2020 at 2:19 AM Post #84 of 96

I have the upcoming C9 Pro review in progress and let me tell you, if the company was closing it would be going out with a bang believe me the C9 Pro is very much a very strong competitor right now in a tough market :wink:
I agree. I was amazed to hear such a rumour too. I love my U2. I think they are doing an awesome job. 🙂

Aug 31, 2020 at 4:37 AM Post #85 of 96

Wow, certainly hoping this is just a mistake. Was hoping to get a C9 Pro (or U9 Pro perhaps) at some point!
Hopefully will be reviewing it shortly too. From the impressions I've heard so far from others (including your good self!) it sounds like it's going to be VERY much my kind of sound signature.

Wondering how it compares to the EE Phantom :)

Aug 31, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #86 of 96
Maybe it's a temporary closing or reduced staff due to the pandemic atm? Has anyone thought to contact them via email or facebook to see what's up?

Aug 31, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #87 of 96
Wow, certainly hoping this is just a mistake. Was hoping to get a C9 Pro (or U9 Pro perhaps) at some point!
Hopefully will be reviewing it shortly too. From the impressions I've heard so far from others (including your good self!) it sounds like it's going to be VERY much my kind of sound signature.Wondering how it compares to the EE Phantom :)

It sure is a mistake no doubt but I'll ping them.

Unfortunately I don't own the Phantom anymore but given how many hundreds of hours I had on them I'll venture there are some things that are clear : the Phantom has more sub bass impact, is quite thicker and darker while the C9 is more mid bass focused with richer textures, has more balanced mids and better treble extension and upper treble presence. C9 Pro also has a more expansive stage and a more precise image with more separation. It's closer to the VE8 than the Phantom in many respects.

Aug 31, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #88 of 96
It sure is a mistake no doubt but I'll ping them.

Unfortunately I don't own the Phantom anymore but given how many hundreds of hours I had on them I'll venture there are some things that are clear : the Phantom has more sub bass impact, is quite thicker and darker while the C9 is more mid bass focused with richer textures, has more balanced mids and better treble extension and upper treble presence. C9 Pro also has a more expansive stage and a more precise image with more separation. It's closer to the VE8 than the Phantom in many respects.

Thanks. Now I want it more than ever :sweat_smile:

Aug 31, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #89 of 96
Thanks. Now I want it more than ever :sweat_smile:

Review is in progress, I expect to publish in a couple of weeks tops.

Yeah C9 Pro is one of a kind in a market where this kind of tuning is all too rare!
It's a different flavor from my favorite FIBAE7 but just as great which is big in my book :)

Sep 2, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #90 of 96
In the process of doing in depth comparisons to the EM10, Fusion and FIBAE7, this is fun!

IMG_6883.JPG

I hope to get the Dunu Blanche cable in time, I suspect this is going to be a fantastic pairing with the C9 Pro...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back