Stax SR-X9000
May 24, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #2,478 of 2,989
Bad news. I’ve waited 10 months and my Stax SR-9000s should be here in about a week. But my wife just totaled her car so I have to get her a new vehicle. Is anyone interested in avoiding the wait and taxes. PM me.
Sorry to hear that. Hope your wife is ok.

May 24, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #2,481 of 2,989
May 29, 2023 at 11:52 PM Post #2,484 of 2,989
Has an impulse response test and CSD waterfall plot ever been done on the Stax 9000x? I see just a frequency response sweep circulating.
Good question. I'd like to see this, too, if such info exists.

Jun 7, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #2,486 of 2,989
Screenshot_20230608_064524_Facebook.jpg

anyone going to canjam Chicago? looking forward to impressions on this one. it's great he is going to have to those hps available to try on this new piece.

Jun 10, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #2,487 of 2,989
Screenshot_20230608_064524_Facebook.jpg

anyone going to canjam Chicago? looking forward to impressions on this one. it's great he is going to have to those hps available to try on this new piece.

As it stands right now, I should be there. Thanks for calling out, will look out for if there!

Jun 16, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #2,488 of 2,989
Hi, I’ve had the x9000 for a few months now and was thinking of upgrading my energiser, a Stax 700s. I know the stax amps don’t get a lot of love but can anyone tell me what improvements say a Blue Hawaii SE would bring over the Stax 700s. I’m based in the UK and there doesn’t seem to be any way to hear anything other than the Stax range so, given the substantial cost, it makes it a difficult decision to buy a BHSE, for example. I’m very interested to hear anyones experiences of comparing the two amps or even the differences between switching from solid state to tubes through the x9000. Also very interested to hear from UK buyers of the BHSE on how they found the experience and whether they felt exposed not having a uk distributor in case of problems. Thanks in advance for any insights you can provide.

Jun 18, 2023 at 5:26 AM Post #2,489 of 2,989
Hi, I’ve had the x9000 for a few months now and was thinking of upgrading my energiser, a Stax 700s. I know the stax amps don’t get a lot of love but can anyone tell me what improvements say a Blue Hawaii SE would bring over the Stax 700s. I’m based in the UK and there doesn’t seem to be any way to hear anything other than the Stax range so, given the substantial cost, it makes it a difficult decision to buy a BHSE, for example. I’m very interested to hear anyones experiences of comparing the two amps or even the differences between switching from solid state to tubes through the x9000. Also very interested to hear from UK buyers of the BHSE on how they found the experience and whether they felt exposed not having a uk distributor in case of problems. Thanks in advance for any insights you can provide.
If you're in the UK then wouldn't it be far less expensive to buy a DIY (let's be honest: for profit DIY) amp from a European builder? I almost bought a BHSE then balked at shipping and VAT. KG designs from reliable builders run between 3-9k euros, give or take.

Jun 18, 2023 at 6:08 AM Post #2,490 of 2,989
I don't have the x9000 nor do I have the BHSE. I have the SR-009, used to own the SRM-727 and now have the Electra. I've also borrowed @arnaud's and listened to the BHSE for a few weeks. It's been many years now but at least in my experience with the aforementioned headphones/amps, but at least through my recollection, the original Stax amps tend to drive the SR-009 (and therefore I'd expect it to be the same with the x9000s) rather conservatively. It's almost like it's holding back highly capable headphone. With my Electra, and with @arnaud's BHSE, the SR-009's unleashed with more air to breathe, more ethereal, vibrant, and finesse.

In one meet, even @Donnyhifi brought along his KGST and we were able to compare our SR-009s (and SR-007Mk1s) and all 3 amps were a notable step up above the SRM-727a, with all 3 being closer to each other.

I would guess that the experience to be similar with the X9000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back