Stax SR-X9000
Nov 30, 2021 at 3:31 AM Post #452 of 2,979
Yeah but then what to do you do when one of the drivers gets a channel imbalance ?
Yeah true. I am a bit skeptical that the 1 year warranty is probably not enough. For 6k I am hoping for at least 2 or 3 years.

Nov 30, 2021 at 3:50 AM Post #453 of 2,979
I'm from China, I got mine shipped in 10/22, it was the first batch in China. To my knowledge the second batch was shipped around 11/11 with very limited number (about 3 pieces from where I bought), and so far I haven't seen anyone receiving the third batch.
The SR-X9000 is available in Japan since 10/8, which is much earlier than it is in China. And there are some demos in Japan, I don't think there is any demo in China yet. However, I think the availability of SR-X9000 in China is a bit better than it is in the US, thanks to Edifie.
I remember when the SR-009 was first released, people also have to wait for months before they get their pre-orders. It seems that the production capability of STAX has not improved after 10 years.

Nov 30, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #456 of 2,979
Japan is the first country recieving the SRX9k, in an extended that you can just go to a shop and buy without reservation in late october.
FBzzJGFVcAAXqys
FE1uuLbaUAAiE_c
This I think is exactly the problem many of us here have with what may be going on. It's fine that it takes long to get this produced right. It's understandable that there are global supply chain issues and that safety with COVID measures at the plant is more important, adding to the time. It's even somewhat understandable that they were eager to get this launched with so many new flagships and therefore over-promised the delivery targets.

What I want to know is, how are they determining the prioritization of shipments? Specifically, if 10 of these roll off the assembly line in any given week (or whatever the number is) how are those 10 distributed out among open orders? I would like some transparency here. If there are orders in Japan or a big store in Japan wants 5, do they get all 5, and then the rest go to a few local (overseas) dealers? How do they determine what local dealer to prioritize first? Does the shipping cost to send these out factor in?

Nov 30, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #458 of 2,979
Yeah, like any company will disclose their distribution policy freely to the public..
we could only guess, but given the information i geather around 100 headphone have already roll out?
30 Japan
40 China
1 Hong Kong
10 USA?

Nov 30, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #459 of 2,979
This I think is exactly the problem many of us here have with what may be going on. It's fine that it takes long to get this produced right. It's understandable that there are global supply chain issues and that safety with COVID measures at the plant is more important, adding to the time. It's even somewhat understandable that they were eager to get this launched with so many new flagships and therefore over-promised the delivery targets.

What I want to know is, how are they determining the prioritization of shipments? Specifically, if 10 of these roll off the assembly line in any given week (or whatever the number is) how are those 10 distributed out among open orders? I would like some transparency here. If there are orders in Japan or a big store in Japan wants 5, do they get all 5, and then the rest go to a few local (overseas) dealers? How do they determine what local dealer to prioritize first? Does the shipping cost to send these out factor in?
well, it is a zero sum game. With limited production capacity of STAX, and a larger than expected demand, it is doomed to be long waiting times for many. If the Japanese or Chinese market get more X9Ks, than the US market would get less X9Ks, thus customers in US have to wait for longer.
I think it is the distributor and resellers in the US (like headamp) to blame here, they didn't have the negotiating power, or simply didn't act early enough as other distributors to secure their orders. Otherwise, the first day orders should have been received by now.

Dec 1, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #460 of 2,979
we could only guess, but given the information i geather around 100 headphone have already roll out?
30 Japan
40 China
1 Hong Kong
10 USA?

I don't think there are 40 in China. The first batch to China is around 10, since then only a few people order at the first day received their X9000 after 1 month. There are a few people order at the 16~17 Sept still didn't received.

I got mine from Japan at the first day of release. But I actually order before the launch date from a local distributor in Japan. When I order I didn't even know the price and model name.....

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021 at 6:56 AM Post #463 of 2,979
I think this photo is a special case. This is a picture of the sales corner of the event held at Yodobashi Camera in Osaka, Japan. I was there too.
STAX also exhibited at this event and was demonstrating the SR-X9000 that had just been released, so Yodobashi Camera was specially sold it for this event.

Attachments

• 8B731372-6AFC-4559-91E5-0C7ABE0A7ADA.jpeg
    8B731372-6AFC-4559-91E5-0C7ABE0A7ADA.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #465 of 2,979
well, it is a zero sum game. With limited production capacity of STAX, and a larger than expected demand, it is doomed to be long waiting times for many. If the Japanese or Chinese market get more X9Ks, than the US market would get less X9Ks, thus customers in US have to wait for longer.
I think it is the distributor and resellers in the US (like headamp) to blame here, they didn't have the negotiating power, or simply didn't act early enough as other distributors to secure their orders. Otherwise, the first day orders should have been received by now.
We actually were just notified that more are on the way! It's going to make a dent in the pre-orders.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back