Stax SR-507 - Sept. 1, 2010 , Stax SR-207 - Oct. 1, 2010 What!!
Sep 5, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #106 of 559
Another positive on Joynetmall for public consumption(copy and pasted from the new Stax thread):

Quote:
Maxvla said:

Joynetmall has been in the high end headphone market for a long time. They were one of only a couple places authorized to sell the last batch of Sony R10s. I'd say you have nothing to worry about.

Sep 5, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #107 of 559
Quote:
Is humidity really an issue in practical terms? I can't see the level of humidity changing that radically in the room I listen to music in. 

I suppose if you lived in the desert with super low humidity, there could be some effect, but again, is this a common problem?

Hmm, it may not be an issue in the US, but how about in tropical Asia, where humidity is 60-80%, I'm not sure.

Quote:
Humidity isn't a factor as first off, the drivers are mostly sealed off and second, the voltages are a long way from the dielectric limit of the atmosphere. 

Glad to hear that, I'm just afraid condensation from Aircon room (30%) to outside (80%) could can electrostatic spark that could damage the driver.  Never any case?  you're the expert :)

Sep 6, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #109 of 559
My location has relative humidity from 65 to 95%. The humidity protector from the new model is always welcome to me.

Quote:
Hmm, it may not be an issue in the US, but how about in tropical Asia, where humidity is 60-80%, I'm not sure.

Glad to hear that, I'm just afraid condensation from Aircon room (30%) to outside (80%) could can electrostatic spark that could damage the driver.  Never any case?  you're the expert :)

Sep 7, 2010 at 3:13 AM Post #110 of 559
Ick, remind me to never move to Singapore. We have stretches in the summer in Oklahoma with that kind of humidity and I feel like I'm dying every moment I'm outside.

Sep 7, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #113 of 559
I live in Houston, and I've been having trouble with my Jade. It's been hissing and making bubbling noises. Fang seems to think humidity might be an issue, because he told me to wait and try using silica for a month or more (!!). So... I guess Fang thinks it might be an issue? I've honestly never had any other problems with my Stax. No hissing in my 404, 404 LE, Sigma Pro, 003, or Omega 2 mk1.

Eh...

Sep 7, 2010 at 6:38 AM Post #114 of 559
Ditto living in Houston and having no issues with my 404s or SR-003s, but then again I do all my listening indoors where the humidity is a consistent 40-60%.  I can see how taking them from an air conditioned environment outdoors could introduce some short-term issues.  Condensation forms briefly on anything here in that situation.

Sep 7, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #115 of 559

Quote:
I live in Houston, and I've been having trouble with my Jade. It's been hissing and making bubbling noises. Fang seems to think humidity might be an issue, because he told me to wait and try using silica for a month or more (!!). So... I guess Fang thinks it might be an issue? I've honestly never had any other problems with my Stax. No hissing in my 404, 404 LE, Sigma Pro, 003, or Omega 2 mk1.

Eh...

If HE are using carbon coating on the diaphragm then humidity will be large factor.  Stax have never used carbon so this isn't an issue with their sets. 

Sep 7, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #116 of 559
I have to order the audeze soon. How does the 507 compare to o2 mkii? Is it certainly worse?
So far it does not seem to be there a clear winner between audeze and stax o2, but they say that the lcd-2 destroys the other stax, just like the o2 destroys them.

Sep 7, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #117 of 559

Quote:
I have to order the audeze soon. How does the 507 compare to o2 mkii? Is it certainly worse?
So far it does not seem to be there a clear winner between audeze and stax o2, but they say that the lcd-2 destroys the other stax, just like the o2 destroys them.

I don't think anyone here knows yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back