Stax: SR 002 + Srm 002 and Srm 003 mk2 + Srm 003 impression and appreciation thread
Dec 28, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #586 of 784
New sealed prototype(s) of SRS-002
STAX-315x560.png

More info on Stax's facebook page

When will these be available? Another closed back Stax, ho ho :ksc75smile:

Dec 28, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #587 of 784
When will these be available? Another closed back Stax, ho ho :ksc75smile:

The appropriate question should be, will this ever be available?

Jan 30, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #588 of 784
Hey
I am thinking of going electrostatic . I have heard the electrostatic sound briefly a year ago, sadly, I don't have the memory of it anymore. I do remember liking the sound.
I am most probably going to pull the trigger on the SR 002 next month.
Before doing that, I have a few questions. I have the HD 650 and the DT 150 as my reference headphones. I love smooth sound. I can't tolerate sharp treble.
How smooth is the treble on these?I don't mind if it has some brightness as long as it is very smooth.
Is the midrange lush and have that euphony i.e present on the 650s?
How is the bass extension to the sub bass?
Are these forgiving of poor recordings?

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #589 of 784
While I cannot speak for the SR 002, most electrostatics are very revealing of the music it is delivering. A brightrecording will still sound bright. I have the Koss ESP950 headphones, and they reveal everything on the recording. My understanding is the SR002 are similar to myKoss, in that the treble is a bit laid back, not bright, but detailed.

Feb 27, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #590 of 784
Aug 24, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #594 of 784
Does anyone have any information when and or if the closed back version will be released? (mentioned a few posts back)

I won't hold my breathe over it. Stax had shown off prototype pictures and even demo unit of their so called next portable system since 3~4 years ago and yet nothing real has ever made it to the market.

Aug 24, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #595 of 784
Thanks for the heads up! Although the blue closed back featured on the picture seems to be just a housing change for the sr-003? If there are no other tuning tweaks involved, I'd assume that it would be an easy product to bring to market... As a not a completely new product but a housing upgrade? It would be amazing to turn the babystax into a modular system of sorts

Nov 12, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #599 of 784
Hello,
I'm loving my system, but recently noticed some issues.
Anyone else getting some static and loss of sound that can be temporarily recovered by moving the end of the SRS-002 cable that plugs into the SRM-002?
Is there a fix?

Thanks!

It could be as simple as oxidation on the connector pins. Trying to clean them up using rubbing alcohol might help. Also repeat plugging/pulling the connector a few times could help as well.

However, if it is the internal wiring getting wore out / disconnected, then you will probably have to send it back for servicing / cable replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back