Stax: SR 002 + Srm 002 and Srm 003 mk2 + Srm 003 impression and appreciation thread
Oct 17, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #571 of 783
Just curious, is it possible to make an adapter to use with SR-002 to with regular Stax amps?

Oct 18, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #573 of 783
Thank you for information.
I tried cheap tips with 5mm diameter and I faced with the problem that when I try to put it on they fall down from the headphone. They slide down from the headphone tip((((
Did U faced wit this issue?? Does JVC spiral dots have no such problem (I mean falling down)?

Kind regards.
Vlad

I have the JVC spiral dot tips in size ML and L, they have around 5mm diameter but fitting perfect on the Stax, as you can see at my photos. The never got lose and I use them almost every day.

Cheers

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #574 of 783
I can recommend a brand called Kentli, which makes AA size rechargeable Li-ion battery with internal regulated 1.5V output. The only downside is that you will also need to get the charger from them as well, since regular charger won't work. I have been using these batteries for awhile now and have no issue at all. Best part is that these batteries will stay at 1.5V output till they are almost empty, so SQ won't degrade over time. You can find them at Aliexpress, sometime on eBay as well.

Thanks for re-surfacing this. Do the Kentli batteries get very hot at any point - in use or when charging?

I toyed with the idea of trying them when I got my SRS-002, but saw comments elsewhere about the batteries tending to run hot & didn't get round to investigating further. I must say it's still tempting though.

Oct 18, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #575 of 783
Thanks for re-surfacing this. Do the Kentli batteries get very hot at any point - in use or when charging?

I toyed with the idea of trying them when I got my SRS-002, but saw comments elsewhere about the batteries tending to run hot & didn't get round to investigating further. I must say it's still tempting though.

Never noticed Kenti battery getting particularly hot either in use or charging.

Nov 27, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #577 of 783
I have the JVC spiral dot tips in size ML and L, they have around 5mm diameter but fitting perfect on the Stax, as you can see at my photos. The never got lose and I use them almost every day.

Cheers
How hard is it to fit Spiral Dots on 003?
How do you wear 002 with them?

Dec 16, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #579 of 783
New sealed prototype(s) of SRS-002
STAX-315x560.png

More info on Stax's facebook page

Dec 16, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #580 of 783
Dec 25, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #582 of 783
For those using Spiral Dot tips, are you fitting it inside the opening of the Stax or around it? It seems like going inside is the only way to fit them, but it completely kills the treble. Does anyone know of tips that will fit around the opening?

Dec 25, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #583 of 783
New sealed prototype(s) of SRS-002
More info on Stax's facebook page

Seem like just an extra back cover to the regular SR-002.

My real question is, where the hell is that much better looking SRS-002 (?) prototype we saw 2 yrs ago on CES? STAX really should have turned it into production unit by now.

Dec 28, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #584 of 783
I hope this is not just a regular SR-002 with other housing, I can't really believe STAX will use exact the same driver unit and just placed them into a closed shell. Lets see what happens finally...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back