Start Making Your Plans For 2011 CanJam @ RMAF (Rocky Mountain Audio Fest)!
Sep 28, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #181 of 262
Despite living so close to the DTC Marriott, I likely won't be able to make it down due to my work schedule. At best I'd make it Sunday but it looks like the show closes at 4PM so I'd be there for maybe a couple hours. Maybe next year I'll be able to go.

Sep 28, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #182 of 262
I'M READY! Time is counting down. Bottlehead, Tape Project, the Nagra playing Series Three tapes.
beerchug.gif

Sep 29, 2011 at 7:49 AM Post #183 of 262
How come you haven't started up a Headfi Attendees list for RMAF?  It would be great to see one. 

Sep 29, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #184 of 262
I think the list for previous Canjams was generated from the list of ticket purchasers. No way to do that in this arrangement so gathering the names from this thread would be a large undertaking for JP and Jude who are probably swamped trying to make this all happen.

Maybe you can grab the names and post them? Might not be entirely accurate as people sometimes have to drop out but it should give you some idea.

I'll start your list for you with the people I know are attending from browsing this thread periodically.

VPIVinylspinner
The Monkey
ASR (maybe)
Tyll
Listens2Tubes
Decur
You

Sep 29, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #185 of 262

VPIVinylspinner
The Monkey
ASR (maybe)
Tyll
Listens2Tubes
Decur
Scottymrnyc
Minches
Skylab

Sep 29, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #186 of 262

Quote:
No offense, but renting a car for RMAF seems to me a waste of money for 2 primary reasons:

(1) The RMAF speaker show itself is more than big enough to occupy your time Friday through Sunday non-stop. You could spend just 10 minutes per room every day (at least 10 minutes waiting per room in cases - as you'll inevitably have to wait for someone else to finish listening) and still not see every room. And I'm not even including the Head-Fi room, if you're planning on listening to headphone gear.

(2) Unless you know exactly where you're going or will be offering transportation to fellow Head-Fiers, I don't see why you'd need a car. There are restaurants within walking distance. The area around the DTC consists mostly of tech companies, restaurants, and stores, and it's bounded by two highways. The nearest "tourist attraction" area is downtown Denver, which is 15-20 minutes up the highway, and then you have to deal with parking the rental car, which is very expensive in Denver. The RTD light rail station next to the hotel (Belleview Station) can get you to downtown more easily (though it does take a bit longer), and it'll take you directly to the heart of downtown, the 16th Street Mall.

(3) You'd also have to contend with the limited parking at the Marriott DTC. Every year the parking fills up and lots of people end up having to park elsewhere later on in the day.

The only valid reason I could see someone having for a rental car would be to explore beyond Denver for whatever reason (like going up into the mountains being the best example I can think of), but if you're not planning on doing that, I'd recommend cancelling your rental car. The entire area around the DTC for 30-45 minutes in every direction consists solely of residential suburbs (with the exception of downtown Denver obviously) - really not much to check out in that aspect.

Oh and I know of at least 4 CO locals who'll be there with their cars - if you really want to get out somewhere, why not ask for a ride?

no offense taken,
however,i AM NOT STAYING at the marriot dtc, i am staying at the hampton inn on s.ulster st. for 1/2 the price of the marriot. and having a car makes sense for me.
also, the super shuttle between d.i.a and the dtc hotels makes many stops going and coming.
i rented a car at last years rmaf and it was very quick and efficient.
last year there was plenty parking spaces at the marriot dtc,no problem what so ever!
last year i used my rental car to go out to a club to hear some amazing live music,a place that was not in walking distance to the dtc.
i am really glad i decided to rent a car! it makes a lot of sense to me!
again,no offense taken.

Sep 29, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #187 of 262
Quote:
How come you haven't started up a Headfi Attendees list for RMAF?  It would be great to see one. 

I scoured this thread to come up with this list:

• Asr (Friday only)
  • Audio Addict
  • AudioRook (maybe?)
  • barleyguy
  • Bazirker
  • Bryman31 (maybe?)
  • cmathes
  • Comp (maybe?)
  • clarinetman
  • craiglester
  • decur
  • drbluenewmexico
  • ericohgb
  • fatcat28037
  • HeadphoneAddict
  • iambleezy
  • jag4452
  • jude
  • jp11801
  • lilkoolaidman
  • Listens2tubes
  • Maxvla
  • Minches (mentioned by Skylab, couldn't find this user on Head-Fi though?)
  • mistykz
  • NomadicAce
  • OzarkTom
  • raizetcity (maybe?)
  • ramadugu
  • sennheiserguy
  • s1rrah
  • Scottsmrnyc
  • Skylab
  • sridhar3
  • The Monkey
  • Tyll Hertsens
  • tyrion
  • Vansen
  • vpivinylspinner
  • warp08
  • xxlink

+4 other Head-Fiers who haven't posted here, but I know they'll be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by decur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i rented a car at last years rmaf and it was very quick and efficient.

Oh ok, I wasn't aware you were at last year's show. My post still stands for other people who might be thinking about a rental car though. I'm also a little bit miffed we didn't meet each other last year, hopefully you intend on spending some social time with Head-Fiers this year.
wink.gif

Sep 29, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #188 of 262

Quote:

• Asr (Friday only)
  • Audio Addict
  • AudioRook (maybe?)
  • barleyguy
  • Bazirker
  • Bryman31 (maybe?)
  • cmathes
  • Comp (maybe?)
  • clarinetman
  • craiglester
  • decur
  • drbluenewmexico
  • ericohgb
  • fatcat28037
  • HeadphoneAddict
  • iambleezy
  • jag4452
  • jude
  • jp11801
  • lilkoolaidman
  • Listens2tubes
  • Maxvla
  • mistykz
  • NomadicAce
  • OzarkTom
  • raizetcity (maybe?)
  • ramadugu
  • sennheiserguy
  • s1rrah
  • Scottsmrnyc
  • Skylab
  • sridhar3
  • The Monkey
  • Tyll Hertsens
  • tyrion
  • Vansen
  • vpivinylspinner
  • warp08
  • xxlink
Oh ok, I wasn't aware you were at last year's show. My post still stands for other people who might be thinking about a rental car though. I'm also a little bit miffed we didn't meet each other last year, hopefully you intend on spending some social time with Head-Fiers this year.
wink.gif

Wow, even though I wasn't the one who asked, thanks for putting in that effort and compiling a list.

Sep 29, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #189 of 262
Sorry can't make it, living in the Netherlands and we still have a major crisis :frowning2:

Sep 29, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #190 of 262
I believe I'm one of the "un-named" members who will attend.

If you're on the bubble about coming to RMAF, here's a couple of incentives;

Craig from Eddie Current will have a prototype of the Electra electrostatic amp for us to try. It's a differential amp with 4 6sn7's driving 4 6L6GC outputs fed by center tapped inductors.

Bottlehead will have a slew of prototypes including their long awaited DAC kit. I'll just paste a quote from DocB;

- Crack, with an updated circuit to work with medium impedance headphones as well as high impedance headphones
- S.E.X. 2.1, with the upcoming C4s upgrade kit
- the new Smack single gain stage headphone amp with single ended and balanced outputs and switchable output impedance
- Paramount 300B monoblocks running a pair of the rare and exotic AKG K1000 headspeakers

Our sources will be:

- the BottleNagra, our Nagra T Audio tape deck with Bottlehead Tube Repro playback electronics, playing samples of albums from all three series of the Tape Project
- a prototype Bottlehead DAC playing files from our Mac Mini based music server, using the latest Amarra 2.3 music player software.

If you guys haven't heard the Tape Project tapes, do yourself a favor and give it a try.
Tape Project tapes will be rolling in Luke Manley's VTL room also (suite 2030 second floor towers). If the sound there is anywhere close to what they got at the Cal. Audio Show, it's not to be missed!

Sep 29, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #191 of 262

Quote:

• Asr (Friday only)
  • Audio Addict
  • AudioRook (maybe?)
  • barleyguy
  • Bazirker
  • Bryman31 (maybe?)
  • cmathes
  • Comp (maybe?)
  • clarinetman
  • craiglester
  • decur
  • drbluenewmexico
  • ericohgb
  • fatcat28037
  • HeadphoneAddict
  • iambleezy
  • jag4452
  • jude
  • jp11801
  • lilkoolaidman
  • Listens2tubes
  • Maxvla
  • mistykz
  • NomadicAce
  • OzarkTom
  • raizetcity (maybe?)
  • ramadugu
  • sennheiserguy
  • s1rrah
  • Scottsmrnyc
  • Skylab
  • sridhar3
  • The Monkey
  • Tyll Hertsens
  • tyrion
  • Vansen
  • vpivinylspinner
  • warp08
  • xxlink
wink.gif

sounds good

Sep 29, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #193 of 262
Sorry, I forgot that on this site, the good Mr. Minches username is dminches

Sep 30, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #194 of 262

UPDATED list:

• Asr (Friday only)
  • Audio Addict
  • AudioRook (maybe?)
  • barleyguy
  • Bazirker
  • Bryman31 (maybe?)
  • cmathes
  • Comp (maybe?)
  • clarinetman
  • craiglester
  • decur
  • drbluenewmexico
  • ericohgb
  • fatcat28037
  • HeadphoneAddict
  • iambleezy
  • jag4452
  • jude
  • jp11801
  • lilkoolaidman
  • Listens2tubes
  • Maxvla
  • mistykz
  • NomadicAce
  • OzarkTom
  • raizetcity (maybe?)
  • ramadugu
  • sennheiserguy
  • s1rrah
  • Scottsmrnyc
  • Skylab
  • sridhar3
  • The Monkey
  • Tyll Hertsens
  • tyrion
  • Vansen
  • vpivinylspinner
  • warp08
  • xxlink
  • HeadFanatic (son of HeadphoneAddict)
  • Blutarsky (likely Sunday, maybe Friday also, but not Saturday)

Sep 30, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #195 of 262

UPDATED list (correcting my earlier mistake)::

• Asr (Friday only)
  • Audio Addict
  • AudioRook (maybe?)
  • barleyguy
  • Bazirker
  • Bryman31 (maybe?)
  • cmathes
  • Comp (maybe?)
  • clarinetman
  • craiglester
  • decur
  • drbluenewmexico
  • ericohgb
  • fatcat28037
  • HeadphoneAddict
  • iambleezy
  • jag4452
  • jude
  • jp11801
  • lilkoolaidman
  • Listens2tubes
  • Maxvla
  • dminches
  • mistykz
  • NomadicAce
  • OzarkTom
  • raizetcity (maybe?)
  • ramadugu
  • sennheiserguy
  • s1rrah
  • Scottsmrnyc
  • Skylab
  • sridhar3
  • The Monkey
  • Tyll Hertsens
  • tyrion
  • Vansen
  • vpivinylspinner
  • warp08
  • xxlink
  • HeadFanatic (son of HeadphoneAddict)
  • Blutarsky (likely Sunday, maybe Friday also, but not Saturday)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back