Stagg SHP-4500-(Cheap Ultrasone Maybe?)
Aug 19, 2007 at 6:21 AM Post #31 of 47
LOL...I appreciate your honesty and evilness at the same time Sovkiller.
wink.gif

Aug 21, 2007 at 4:11 AM Post #32 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I got them, heard them for a three days now, the sound is indeed decent, but not too much rave about them, and even while I can imagine how the burn in may improve them in the comming days, honestly for my use, I feel that they are a waste of time, to try to enjoy them, having the Editions around. Cheap sound, cheap construction, and cheap fit, they are very light indeed.

Now if you ask me about the sound, IMO it will be a fair comparison if you use the lower end Koss as the KSC35, 75, etc...but if you use the Portapros instead, I preffer them by a good margin, honestly there is nothing else about them IMHE till now unless a miracle, and that is why not in vane you will not find too much comments on that sound around here...

One thing is true, they will serve my purpose, very well...
evil_smiley.gif
... so right now the end will be that the drivers will be replaced for two CD3K drivers, as it is indeed a plug and play replacement...What I was looking for...
very_evil_smiley.gif

I got my pair today, and though it's only been a few hours, I agree with Sovkiller. I find the sound okay, nothing to rave about, but better than expected for $35. They are also seriously comfy and isolate fairly well. They are more balanced and have better treble extension and overall detail the than the KSC75 (never heard the 35). My main problem is with the mid-range and tones. String instruments especially sound toy-like, and both female and male vocals sound thin and false. I'm doubtful that burn-in can fix that, but if it improves to any noticeable degree, I'll report back.

I do, however, think they are a bargin, and for all those who are looking for closed, comfy, full-sized headphones in the under $50 catagory, I have no problem recommending these.

Oh...I've been using an imod/Larocco PRII and have been listening to everything from classical, to blues, hardcore, and acoustic and classic rock. As I type this sentence, a little PJ Harvey just came on. Great song.

Aug 21, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #33 of 47
Well the sound was not my cup of tea, and I feel that they will definitelly not improve to what I would consider a satisfatory level, so I did what I got them for, as I doubt from day one that a 28.00 headphone will be any good, so drivers out, and CD3K Drivers in...OMG, now we are talking in English....
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Aug 21, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #34 of 47
Quote:

Well the sound was not my cup of tea, and I feel that they will definitelly not improve to what I would consider a satisfatory level, so I did what I got them for, as I doubt from day one that a 28.00 headphone will be any good, so drivers out, and CD3K Drivers in...OMG, now we are talking in English....
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Well, since I've recently spent time with the CD3000s, I'll be real curious to learn impressions of your new Frankenphone.
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #35 of 47
Thanks boomana. They do get better. My whole thing is that this would be a great phone for those who don't have a lot of money, and I like trying things others don't. For reference, they are better than the KSC75 and UR40 as I have those to listen to.

I am off to my next headphone listening session with the Creative Aurvana DJ which I have now.

Sovkiller, let us know about your new experiment.

Happy listening!

Aug 22, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #36 of 47
Are they worthy of use in a good portable setup "out-&-about" (rather than critically indoors)?

Aug 22, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #37 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are they worthy of use in a good portable setup "out-&-about" (rather than critically indoors)?

James they are extremelly big for portable use, they are even bigger than the PROLines, the cups are huge, even though they are not heavy at all, but IMO given the size they are ruled out...IMO a portapro will beat them for that purpose...

Aug 22, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #38 of 47
Quote:

IMO a portapro will beat them for that purpose...

Yes, I still love my Sportapros, but they are too open for the train or subway. I'm looking for an inexpensive standard circumaural closed headphone alternative to my Shure E500's.

Anyone compare these to the Equation Audio line?

Aug 13, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #41 of 47
Thread revival!

I'm probably going to buy these as well, these definately look like a hidden gem indeed. I'm going to get these for ~US$30 locally so I'll definately do impressions and the like.
Never even heard of Stagg 'til tonight but have been impressed with the impressions here. I'm pretty sure Stagg OEM's these but from who..as suggested Ultrasone?

I considered avaliable stuff locally such as the EH150 and HD201 but since the KSC75 sounds better than those two + the impression that this sounds better than the KSC75.
I'm just buying this as more a third headphone for light gaming use lol. Will do musical impressions though.

Aug 13, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #42 of 47
be wary of all the 'ultrasone oem' discoveries. they arent. ultrasone uses generic designs that 100 other headphone makers use. even very very cheap ones. so they may look similar but they dont sound similar!

Dec 28, 2011 at 7:56 AM Post #44 of 47
Hello ,i was looking for some info about this headphones and found this .Im in the search for some good headphones for home use (nothing auophile ,gaming - teamspeak/ventrilo )  i found some new brands including stagg 4500 .there is one another headphone looks identical to this stagg 4500  http://www.takstar.com/eng/view.asp?id=337  .Do you have any info about takstar headphones (except 2050 there is some info about it on head-fi )

Thanks

Feb 4, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #45 of 47
I see what everyone has said and was just thinking bbut to me these remind me of a cheap expanded pair of Audio Technica's this of course being a personal opinion I can say that for the $ these are still the best headphones u can get I'm broke thanks to the economy but my buddy and I are starting a ssmall studio and stagg headphones are cheap and suit. Our needs perfectly we use these more as a tracking phone and we use the stagg sph 3000 deluxe headphones (which say they are closed but leak like most open ears)for mixing and they work beautiful I have never been into the typical over priced bologna that is force fed to us all today like beats soul all those headphones I try to find better than mainstream and these work I also have since bought a set of ATH-M50s and they have given me nothing but eargasms but I still like using these headphones for anything by far biggest bang for the buck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back