Stagg SHP-4500-(Cheap Ultrasone Maybe?)
Feb 19, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #46 of 47
  Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I got them, heard them for a three days now, the sound is indeed decent, but not too much rave about them, and even while I can imagine how the burn in may improve them in the comming days, honestly for my use, I feel that they are a waste of time, to try to enjoy them, having the Editions around. Cheap sound, cheap construction, and cheap fit, they are very light indeed.

Now if you ask me about the sound, IMO it will be a fair comparison if you use the lower end Koss as the KSC35, 75, etc...but if you use the Portapros instead, I preffer them by a good margin, honestly there is nothing else about them IMHE till now unless a miracle, and that is why not in vane you will not find too much comments on that sound around here...

One thing is true, they will serve my purpose, very well...
evil_smiley.gif
... so right now the end will be that the drivers will be replaced for two CD3K drivers, as it is indeed a plug and play replacement...What I was looking for...
very_evil_smiley.gif

I got my pair today, and though it's only been a few hours, I agree with Sovkiller. I find the sound okay, nothing to rave about, but better than expected for $35. They are also seriously comfy and isolate fairly well. They are more balanced and have better treble extension and overall detail the than the KSC75 (never heard the 35). My main problem is with the mid-range and tones. String instruments especially sound toy-like, and both female and male vocals sound thin and false. I'm doubtful that burn-in can fix that, but if it improves to any noticeable degree, I'll report back.

I do, however, think they are a bargin, and for all those who are looking for closed, comfy, full-sized headphones in the under $50 catagory, I have no problem recommending these.

Oh...I've been using an imod/Larocco PRII and have been listening to everything from classical, to blues, hardcore, and acoustic and classic rock. As I type this sentence, a little PJ Harvey just came on. Great song.

Could you go into more detail about the sound signature, is there any spikes in the midrange?  What is the soundstage like, is it as big as the k701s?

Feb 19, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #47 of 47
Well I got them, heard them for a three days now, the sound is indeed decent, but not too much rave about them, and even while I can imagine how the burn in may improve them in the comming days, honestly for my use, I feel that they are a waste of time, to try to enjoy them, having the Editions around. Cheap sound, cheap construction, and cheap fit, they are very light indeed.

Now if you ask me about the sound, IMO it will be a fair comparison if you use the lower end Koss as the KSC35, 75, etc...but if you use the Portapros instead, I preffer them by a good margin, honestly there is nothing else about them IMHE till now unless a miracle, and that is why not in vane you will not find too much comments on that sound around here...

One thing is true, they will serve my purpose, very well...
evil_smiley.gif
... so right now the end will be that the drivers will be replaced for two CD3K drivers, as it is indeed a plug and play replacement...What I was looking for...
very_evil_smiley.gif

What is the sound signature like and the soundstage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back