SR60's looks.
Jul 21, 2011 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

Cappuccino

Head-Fier
I've noticed that a lot of people on the forums don't like the look of the SR60's. I was wondering why is this? I received my SR60i
's about a week ago, and one thing I love of about the headphones, besides their sound, is how they look. I think, in my opinion, that Grado cans are the some of the best looking out there. What do you guys think?

Jul 21, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #2 of 44
I like the look of the non i better, looks more retro but the i is not bad either. Grado compared to many other shiny and glossy things isn't exactly pretty but that is in the eye of the beholder. The style does stand out imo.

Jul 21, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #4 of 44
I love Grado's headphone design because it is broken down into its simplist form. Two cylindrical pieces connected by a band, nothing pretentious there.

Jul 21, 2011 at 4:23 AM Post #6 of 44
I said meh since stock sr60/60i's are ok but modded ones with woodies are just beautiful to my eyes. That'll be a project of mine before I go to college they'll be my portables :D

Jul 21, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #8 of 44

Quote:
the non i grados looked better IMO, I have the non i MS1 and its also less bulky, easy to carry.

agreed, I have a pair of stock 225's, not i, and they look sick with the metal mesh and slimmer profile compared to the i versions

also have the 60i's, dont the looks as much anymore

but the grado style is awesome

as for pads, (looks only):  bowls>flats>comfies, never had jumbos but I would probably put those above bowls

Jul 21, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #9 of 44
I love the retro and quirky look of Grados, which is what attracted me to the brand in the first place. All of them from the plastics through the wooden all look good to my eyes. Custom wooden ones, like the ones Martin does, are truly pieces of art. 

Jul 21, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #10 of 44
I think the plastic Grados look pretty cheap and not really worth the money looks wise. However, I think the metal 325 and the wood models look amazing, especially with their thicker, padded headbands.

Jul 21, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #11 of 44
I like the way they look like bolts protruding from my ears.

And the simplistic style that works without fail is nice too.

Jul 21, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #13 of 44
i love the retro look of Grados. and i REALLY love them when they're woodied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back