SR60-Mod
Jun 28, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #4,861 of 5,004

Quote:
I keep on PMing Bila but he doesn't respond.
He's probably never going to give me back my SR-225 headphones.
And if Bila really decides to never return them to me I need new ones.
But since being a broke college student...I'm looking for something cheaper.
How does the SR-60 sound compared to a Woodied SR-225?
Is there a crazy marginal difference?
Or will I be happy?
I listen to Radiohead a lot so I usually sway my choices for what sounds good for their stuff.
The easiest would be if Bila just gave me my headphones back.
If you read this Bill, I'd like my headphones back. I waited for 4 months now and gave you countless numbers of chances to redeem yourself.
ehhh...i just want to listen to music....*sigh*

I *really* hate seeing this... If I had the cash to do so, I would certainly help to start up some kind of a refund for the people who have been ripped off(that is what I'm officially calling it now, it has been too long with no word for redemption. Short of him falling off a ladder and slipping into a coma)

Quote:
Kojaku, I did it for the first time almost knowing what to do and I did fine, its not hard.

its easier if you put a bubble in the cable first and then just warm it to solder it to the driver. i didnt de-solder the one in the driver just cut off the cables, looks messy but it works. just give it a try, and treat it with love lol. you'd do fine.

I... wouldn't suggest doing it like this.

Quote:
Not sure if he is still a lawyer but maybe you can go after him with the Florida bar? i don't know. Seems pretty lame that he would do that to anyone. He was online earlier, guess he didn't have time to respond to pms. I wouldn't either though if I had presumably 100's of pms from pissed off people.

I too noticed he was online earlier today.

Quote:
Call him!

Attorney: William L. Kilpatrick II
Firm: William L. Kilpatrick, II
Address: 1862 S Crystal Lake Dr
  Lakeland, Florida  33801-6529
Phone: (941) 667-3838

seems a bit drastic, but if i was 4 months without a headphone, i'd certainly be giving it a shot.

Quote:
So if I'm not recabling and I'm gonna reuse the original cable, do I just melt the solder and then suck it up with a solder sucker? Does that whit part stay there when I pull up the wires? Sorry if im asking too many questions...I too am a college student xD

Kojaku

You can suck up the solder or you can leave it there and reuse it.. i reused mine, but I might redo the cable job sometime with fresh solder and do a bit of a neater job.. I kind of hot glued the cables in though, so its going to be a pain to get them free again. Some people will tell you you really need to suck up the solder and start with fresh, i'm not sure if it'll make much of a difference, but if i was going to do it again, i'd try to suck up the solder.

Jun 28, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #4,862 of 5,004

Quote:
Call him!

Right on brother!
biggrin.gif

Jun 28, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #4,864 of 5,004

Quote:
I *really* hate seeing this... If I had the cash to do so, I would certainly help to start up some kind of a refund for the people who have been ripped off(that is what I'm officially calling it now, it has been too long with no word for redemption. Short of him falling off a ladder and slipping into a coma)

the putting a bubble of solder on the cables first -or- the solder upon an old solder bubble?

Jun 28, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #4,866 of 5,004

You can suck up the solder or you can leave it there and reuse it.. i reused mine, but I might redo the cable job sometime with fresh solder and do a bit of a neater job.. I kind of hot glued the cables in though, so its going to be a pain to get them free again. Some people will tell you you really need to suck up the solder and start with fresh, i'm not sure if it'll make much of a difference, but if i was going to do it again, i'd try to suck up the solder.

So then what happens to the white part? are the wires actually underneath the white? or is the white just a spacer?

Jun 28, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #4,868 of 5,004

Quote:
just a spacer there, no wire, at least no the ones you need to remove

Cool. So then the only thing I really need to avoid is letting the wires touch one another, or letting the solder touch, right?

Jun 28, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #4,870 of 5,004

Quote:
yup, and do not overheat the driver.

when I solder? or when i heat it to take the cups apart? cuz the soldering isn't even on the driver itself right?

Jun 28, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #4,872 of 5,004
wje, the headphones that you have for sale are so nice.
i wish i could buy them off of you but sadly I am going to japan this sunday for two months.
they should sell pretty soon i think though, they're beautiful!

Jun 28, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #4,873 of 5,004

Quote:
Call him!

You rock!

He has visited the forum enough times recently (last time I noticed was yesterday for about half an hour) to post something in his defense or to reply to PMs. Didn't happen.

He's officially a scammer in my book (and wallet) now unless he's account has been hacked or he got eaten by a giant gator.

Jun 28, 2011 at 3:40 AM Post #4,874 of 5,004

Quote:
Has anyone taken the sr-325i's and put a wooden inner cup on them? Would this tame the highs a bit? Also how would it compare to hf-2's?

A friend who have a 325 told me that the hf-2 have more hability in present different planes of sound, i dont know if you understand me, the instruments and voices are more knowing. This caract is dificult to find changing the piece. Now i have him 325 and my 225 and they sound equal with the same cups. I think them have the same drivers and cables evident. J. Grado chargue 100€ for aluminium cups and leather headband. And i thik Rs2 can be the same driver too, because if it would have the RS1 driver it will sound equal. Them J. Grado chargue another 100€ for complete wood body.
If i´m right he have tree models of drivers with diferents materials and cables made the rest models. Alessandro only offer trhee models, is a casuality?.
Now i think the most interesting model is 225. I have a copy of the wood body of rs2, i´m going to check this when a friend provide them.
This week i put aluminium and wood chasis in the 225 and certainly it sound warmer and deeper than original 325. Them my friend ask me to mantle the wood piece in his 325. He bought the pieces last year, but he dont be sure to mantle.
I will show.

Now this pieces are sold out.

Aluminium is beautiful, but is very heavy (it wear unconfortable) and produce a cold sound. Wood have been used for music ever for something. Wood is my choice.

Enjoy your way of listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back