SR60-Mod
Jun 21, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #4,622 of 5,004
This note is in contrast to many of the preceding--and unhappy--posts in this thread... Cabillas shipped my cups from Spain! He provided a tracking number and has been very good in terms of correspondence. 

I recommend dealing with Cabillas if you're looking for nice cups. It's true he's in Spain, but you can trust him... 

Jun 21, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #4,624 of 5,004
those were my only real headphones (SR-225) and bill never sent them back to me....*sigh*
stealing from a student is sad...unless usps has failed, but from the looks of it i'll never see them again.

Jun 21, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #4,625 of 5,004

This pic brings back horrible memories.

Quote:
John Grado use wood witha aluminium because is heavier an sound is cooler. Ps 1000 and HF2.
http://www.trustedreviews.com/grado-ps1000_Headphones_review
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/506450/sale-over
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/451132/sold-grado-hf2-in-canada

How ever him preferences are wood.
Greetings from Spain.
http://recopasgrado.blogspot.com/

Jun 21, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #4,626 of 5,004

Quote:
This made me giggle.

x2

I hope Bill is allright inspite of all the negativity around last couple of pages of this (his) thread.
People with cash in - I think I must the most "hurt" on this regard also - phones missing and subpar quality on delivery/packaging is not a good thing. On the other hand he has delivered the good stuff too.

Here's to wishes he comes through with a super duper lathe, a gator ate my shells and stuff, delivers what's missing and to everyone's content.

Jun 21, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #4,627 of 5,004

Quote:Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:
 It's true he's in Spain, but you can trust him... 

This made me giggle.

Yeah... I guess I could have worded that better!

No offense meant to the indigenous Spanish peoples... I just meant that the great distance between the US and Spain shouldn't worry you if you're thinking of doing a deal with Cabillas... don't let the geography stop you.

Jun 21, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #4,628 of 5,004

Quote:
Quote:Originally Posted by apatN 

Quote:
 It's true he's in Spain, but you can trust him... 

This made me giggle.

No offense meant to the indigenous Spanish peoples... I just meant that the great distance between the US and Spain shouldn't worry you if you're thinking of doing a deal with Cabillas... don't let the geography stop you.

Man, you are killing me 
biggrin.gif

Jun 21, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #4,629 of 5,004

Quote:
those were my only real headphones (SR-225) and bill never sent them back to me....*sigh*
stealing from a student is sad...unless usps has failed, but from the looks of it i'll never see them again.

Oh man, that's terrible. I can understand being bummed about shells and what not but a pair of cans? Terrible indeed

Jun 21, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #4,630 of 5,004
Absolutely stunning!

You realize... I now have to order a set of these cups! 
mad.gif

oh well, its just money 
blink.gif

Quote:
My NFB-12 came this morning :D

and I found a convenient place on my amp to store my Grados which is a good excuse to post pics 
biggrin.gif

Jun 21, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #4,631 of 5,004

Quote:

Cabillas is the real deal!  11 days from when I sent my PayPal payment until delivery by the USPS.  Plus, I had to sign for the cups, too.  These products are cut and fit with superior precision.  The holes for the wires to feed into each cup are neatly drilled.  The holes that the gimbals fit into are again drilled with precision.  The cut for the liberated driver is again perfectly cut so that a liberated driver will fit into the cups without the use of any adhesive.  

Jun 21, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #4,632 of 5,004

Quote:

Cabillas is the real deal!  11 days from when I sent my PayPal payment until delivery by the USPS.  Plus, I had to sign for the cups, too.  These products are cut and fit with superior precision.  The holes for the wires to feed into each cup are neatly drilled.  The holes that the gimbals fit into are again drilled with precision.  The cut for the liberated driver is again perfectly cut so that a liberated driver will fit into the cups without the use of any adhesive.  

Just ordered a couple more cups from Cabillas based on your extremely positive impressions! Can't wait!

Jun 21, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #4,633 of 5,004
Good to hear WJE. I could tell from photos that the work was first-class, but it's still nice to hear from other satisfied customers! BTW: My cups from Cabillas are made from a different wood, not sapeli. It's called iroko. Here's what I found at Wikipedia, my other home away from home:
Iroko is a large hardwood tree from west coast of tropical Africa. It is sometimes referred to as African Teak, although it is unrelated to the teak family.The color is initially yellow but darkens to a rich brown over time. The wood is used for a variety of purposes including boat-building, domestic flooring and furniture. From the late 1990s, it was used as part of thetxalaparta, a Basque musical instrument constructed of wooden boards, due to its lively sound. It is a very durable wood; iroko does not require regular treatment with oil or varnish when used outdoors. 

But now the surgeon general's warning: In the UK there are trade restrictions on the machining of this timber as the dust is known to be carcinogenic.

So, I guess I won't be refinishing (stripping/sanding) these bad boys if I ever grow tired of the supplied finish...

here's a (crappy) photo:

Jun 22, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #4,635 of 5,004

Quote:

Man, you are killing me 
biggrin.gif

ESCUSE my bad english, i study it in the school, and i´m forty. I´ll try to learn. However i can understand you, write (bad) and i can ship the most beautifull cups you ever seen. It isnt bad by school lessons,
cool.gif

This was the models i tests, finally i choose the model you know for the look and the sound.
Gs1000 model is too heavy, it produce a diferent sound that i dont like.

Greetings from Spain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back