SR60-Mod
Apr 22, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #3,226 of 5,004
she wouldnt even know what a grado is. Shes calls them the ugly wood/metal things.

Quote:
good luck persuading her grados come from the dollar store
o2smile.gif

Apr 22, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #3,228 of 5,004

Quote:
I also work with military, and in general when I'm relaxed with friends, four letter words are more akin to commas than anything else, haha.

James, that shipping is insane!

it is! luckily, backwards ship, from US to here is like 1/10 of that. have no idea why.

Quote:
I've yet to see someone younger than me speak up... 18. 

I'me sure there 13 or 14 YO around here, ive seen posts! that been said, 14 yo kids curse like pirates.

As for the grado mooding: is it ok if i use small cotton pieces to cover some holes back?

Apr 22, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #3,229 of 5,004

Quote:
As for the grado mooding: is it ok if i use small cotton pieces to cover some holes back?

You could try it - not fully sure of what your results would be like.  Ideally, it would be best if you could use some felt.  The last felt I bought a few weeks ago from the craft store was only $.29 cents for an 8" x 10" sheet.  If you're into experimenting, you could try the cotton.  However, I've had all my Grados apart and together many times over a single weekend.  Pulling the heat gun out and then the hot glue gun is something that I don't care to do very frequently at this point.  The felt is proven - even Bilavideo will confirm that.

Apr 22, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #3,232 of 5,004
Tell you what, the Grado 60's have some serious glue holding that button on. It's like using PVC glue as the button on mine looked like it melted to the grill. I remember when model glue really worked before the new junk came out, the pieces that you glued together would fuse in a melted fashion. 
I just pushed mine out and removed the whole thing. 

Apr 23, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #3,233 of 5,004
11:26 right now and in 34 minutes it will be ..............................Drum Roll..............
 My Birthday...
atsmile.gif
.......  I need to finish some Wood cups to give to myself for my Birthday.........

I'll gladly share this day with Earth Day as everything I gravitate to is Earth based. From colors to certain tree's.......  

Apr 23, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #3,239 of 5,004

Quote:
I really think you guys should a more open grill there but have some kind of grill. you don't want your pet, or curious nephew poking at the drivers on the inside.

Oh no, I have some aluminum mesh on there, that's just how I removed mine, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back