SR60-Mod
Apr 4, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #2,791 of 5,004

Quote:

I'm clearly not the brightest bulb on the tree.

Maybe..and not..........

But your more generous than is sometimes shouted. Much of what you do requires a lot of personal time cutting, measuring and than posting those different Mods for cups for free. That saves us the readers the cost of wood since we can eliminate a questionable process or measurment. Many times so far I have read post after post asking for the dimensions he used and than he posted it. I doubt anyone would be able to produce a single web page that I know of, that would sell them a cup for that cheap if not a free price, backed by help if needed with fit. 

Thanks for your diligence to helping others Bill, it helps spread the joy. 

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #2,792 of 5,004

Quote:
Why?  I think you'd be much wiser to find a pair of used SR325s and remove the plastic chambers ... leaving the aluminum in place to see how the sound is presented.  If the sound is deplorable, you could then contact Bilavideo to get some wooden liners made for your SR325s to whip 'em back into shape.

hey man!

i dont know anybody in this country that has an SR325 let alone a Grado can... im still enjoying my SR80i woodies and well i just cant resist the temptation of exploring deeper and getting into the aluminum world.

ive not seen spec sheets of grado GS1k and the HFs ones... if only someone can provide me...

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #2,793 of 5,004

Quote:
Maybe..and not..........

But your more generous than is sometimes shouted. Much of what you do requires a lot of personal time cutting, measuring and than posting those different Mods for cups for free. That saves us the readers the cost of wood since we can eliminate a questionable process or measurment. Many times so far I have read post after post asking for the dimensions he used and than he posted it. I doubt anyone would be able to produce a single web page that I know of, that would sell them a cup for that cheap if not a free price, backed by help if needed with fit. 

Thanks for your diligence to helping others Bill, it helps spread the joy. 

x2

Apr 5, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #2,794 of 5,004
Thanks for the feedback, everybody.  Send me a PM if you didn't get a grill.  I spent the evening molding and cutting grills.  I can send these out tomorrow.

These are the grills mid-process.  They've been molded and shaped but still need to have the sides evened up.  I like having a little wall around the sides because it allows the grills to fit into the shells without the need of glue or a brace.  A drop of Super Glue will hold them in, but sometimes it's nice to have removable grills for easy access to the driver backs.

Apr 5, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #2,798 of 5,004

Quote:

i know its been covered in this thread before but its (again) about RS1 vs GS1000 in terms of construction and components.
all of the search results are about sonic differences and whatnot...

GS1000 is a wood-aluminum combination or so ive heard, and RS1 is pure wood.

They are both pure wood, only HF2 and PS1000i use aluminum and wood.

Apr 5, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #2,799 of 5,004
Just thought I'd post my latest Techheromods 225i w/ cocobolo GS1000i cups. 

Apr 5, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #2,801 of 5,004

Quote:
Hope that's not backwards in real life too :D  Do you put that GRADO label on there?  How'd ya do it? Stencil + Dye?

the photo does not do the band justice. when are they going to make the isight in hd??

i first designed the grado logo on adobe illustrator. then i laser cut them, the shape of the band was vector cut (all the way through the material) and the logo was raster (engraved). i'm very fortunate that my school has a lineup of laser machines and other hi-tec doohickeys. 

Apr 5, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #2,802 of 5,004

Quote:
Those are wonderful bigrock, more importantly, how do they sound? :)

Thanks TakashiMiike! Well I can't really get too in depth into how they sound as I sell them on my website and head-fi rules are pretty strict. 

Let's just say they sound quite a bit better than the stock 225i. =) 

Apr 5, 2011 at 3:21 AM Post #2,803 of 5,004
Haha can't say I would have ever thought to use frickin' laser beams to DIY a headband for my headphones.  I feel like that should go in the "you know you're an audiophile when" thread.  Totally awesome. 
beerchug.gif

PS: The headband looks awesome.  I'm also debating about a DIY leather headband project.. but more along the lines of the cardboard/glue/razer blade variety.

Apr 5, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #2,804 of 5,004

Quote:

They are both pure wood, only HF2 and PS1000i use aluminum and wood.

so the only difference is wood mass?

from what i gather HF2 has a wooden driver holder and aluminum outer shell just like the PS1000 but hte PS1000 has more mass so it provides better/different............????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back