SR60-Mod
Mar 29, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #2,611 of 5,004
So i decided to take the plastic housinf out of my grados, i used a powerful heat blower and .. one cup is partialy melted lol same for the grill of the other, those were i versions, good i have a spare set of non i version with no grill, the front plastic housing and the driver are OK.

im gonna punch some whole and try them with no grill, and I hope to notice some serious differences. will post photos and impressions later at night when i try them on.

now for the silly part, i dont have the cable i bought, neither the dynamat, so basically now they have to remain open until i get all the stuff i need. and I think im gonna go with the indian rosebud or brazilian. but for this i have no budget until next month so that will have to wait.

If i decide to recable, should i wait for new wood shells? or can i do it now? i ask because i have seen some wood pieces in with there is only a small whole for the cable. while in others is more like the i version plastic shells, is like an U cut so the cable comes out when one separate both (front and back) plastic pieces

Mar 29, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #2,612 of 5,004
Hello, finally i order a new full body shells. I desing this model thinking in sound and estetic. Them looks beautiful. Tomorrow them goes to painting gloss. And i´ll show you.

Geetings from Spain.

Mar 29, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #2,613 of 5,004

Quote:
Hello, finally i order a new full body shells. I desing this model thinking in sound and estetic. Them looks beautiful. Tomorrow them goes to painting gloss. And i´ll show you.

Geetings from Spain.

Those are beautiful!
eek.gif

Mar 29, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #2,615 of 5,004
Thanks a lot, i made the holes after for carpenter´s time because i thought in perfect mantle of the rest parts and the finaly look. I need to measure the situation of the holes for a perfect funcionally of the top and the turn. I hope all will be perfect, look, sound and funcionally. This can be my 6th cups mod and i learn a few things, :wink:.
This are an original model, i try a lot of looks and finaly i choose them very difficulty.

Greetings.

Mar 29, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #2,616 of 5,004

Quote:
Thanks a lot, i made the holes after for carpenter´s time because i thought in perfect mantle of the rest parts and the finaly look. I need to measure the situation of the holes for a perfect funcionally of the top and the turn. I hope all will be perfect, look, sound and funcionally. This can be my 6th cups mod and i learn a few things, :wink:.
This are an original model, i try a lot of looks and finaly i choose them very difficulty.

Greetings.

Any chance you could share that drawing with me mate? I'm having a buddy fab some aluminium shells for me and I think this may help him a good deal. He should have AutoCAD.

Mar 29, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #2,617 of 5,004

Quote:
However, I do have a daughter (my only child) in high school.  She's in the 11th grade and going through SAT preps at the moment.  She's more than ready for this school year to end.  In fact, she'd probably wish for next year to be completely blown off, too - I think she's ready to move onto something different than the high school learning environment and the "AP" courses that she's taking.

I'm in 11th grade too, although I'm not a very good student (too much time here I'm afraid, and listening to music). However, the plan is to build some good gear and block this website, unless I have money to burn. Also, I'm going to stop building commercially, because there really isn't any money to be made as a solder monkey (and it stopped being fun a while ago).

I'm taking 5 (I think) AP classes next year, and I'm getting ready for the pain that'll bring. Anyway, I have some homework to do.

Mar 29, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #2,618 of 5,004

Quote:
I'm in 11th grade too, although I'm not a very good student (too much time here I'm afraid, and listening to music). However, the plan is to build some good gear and block this website, unless I have money to burn. Also, I'm going to stop building commercially, because there really isn't any money to be made as a solder monkey (and it stopped being fun a while ago).

I'm taking 5 (I think) AP classes next year, and I'm getting ready for the pain that'll bring. Anyway, I have some homework to do.

I'm sure you'll be able to accomplish your goals.  A few things to keep in mind.  Music is such a powerful tool - it can bring us much happiness and help us to relax after a tough day, etc.  Plus, a lot of events that I've been through in my life I can associate with certain music or songs, because music was usually a part of those moments - and still continues to be each and every day in my life.  My family is very much aware of my connection to music - as witnessed by my obsessive buying / selling cycles of amps, speakers, subwoofers, etc.  However, I've been following this hobby for a very long time.  I subscribed to High Fidelity magazine when I was in the 6th grade (1976) - and would lust after the equipment that I'd read about.  I'd read other magazines, too - umm ... well, you know.  Music has gone through some major changes over the years - crap like Lady GaGa has come on the scene, but it usually disappears as quick as it came around.  There's still plenty of great groups to follow and get drawn into as a following.  As a rule, I don't watch buy maybe 1 hour of TV per week.  Music - well, that consumes many hours.  Enjoy !!

Mar 29, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #2,619 of 5,004
Hybrid makes a lot of great music and I recommend everyone to check out finished symphony(echoplex remix). All of their tracks go through a lot of emotions and really blow me away now that I have got into better headphones to listen to them with.

Mar 29, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #2,620 of 5,004
so far:

too hot to handle, they cups melted, just a little bit

but this came out nicely and unharmed

I have a headband+hinges+ sr80 (not i) cups, and i used those.

here next to my beloved ms1

next step punch some holes. what is the best way to do it?

Mar 29, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #2,624 of 5,004
Does anyone have some pictures of applying Dynamat to the back of the driver? When I get mine I want to get an idea of how to put it on, how it should look, and how much of it to apply. Thanks.

Mar 29, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #2,625 of 5,004

Quote:
Does anyone have some pictures of applying Dynamat to the back of the driver? When I get mine I want to get an idea of how to put it on, how it should look, and how much of it to apply. Thanks.

Start with a pea-sized amount and mush it flat against the back of the drive. Just be careful not to cover those two little holes on the driver.
If theres too much bass and/or rattle add a little more.Too much though and you suck some life out of the sound. Play with the amount, thats part of the fun. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back