SR60-Mod
Apr 8, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #2,882 of 5,004

Quote:
Quote:
in the process: 

-added metal grado rings- the "mod" series. is that cheezy?? haaa

ps they aren't glued down just yet. 

If you actually do want to change it, Custom Series maybe? Call them CS60?

Mod Series = MS = Alessandro. Only justification I have for wanting to change it
tongue.gif

Quote:

Kites, you are one clever bast'd.  Nicely done!

Quote:

Kites, you are one clever bast'd.  Nicely done!

thank you billa! I owe you, so if you want some made the first set is on the house. 
btw have you sent my driver by any chance? i haven't checked my mail today. 
thanks sir

Apr 8, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #2,883 of 5,004

Quote:
Quote:
in the process: 

If you actually do want to change it, Custom Series maybe? Call them CS60?

Mod Series = MS = Alessandro. Only justification I have for wanting to change it
tongue.gif

yes custom would make sense :) 

Apr 8, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #2,884 of 5,004
+1 to liking the rings. Those are sweet. Also, good news. My first pair of grado's are on the way. I'm pacing the floor awaiting their arrival. I've already got pleather and dynamat on the way, many thinks to mksuen and Bilavideo. I already found a few pieces of mesh in the house.. Now i just need some felt and contact glue, maybe a little blu tack and i'll be all set for wave one of modding. Can't wait.

Apr 9, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #2,885 of 5,004

Quote:
in the process: 

I remember when Kites first started posting in this thread.... I recall some seriously ugly stuff as he dug into modding... seemed like more damage than progress... 

Now look at what he's turning out!! Awesome stuff.  Well done Kites!

Apr 9, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #2,886 of 5,004

Quote:
Quote:
My B stock 225's arrived from Headroom yesterday. So I enjoyed them stock for a while then did the tape mod to the bowls. It's hard to believe a piece of tape can influnce the sound as much as it does. There does seem to be a bit more bass and it's not as peaky.

Glad it worked for you.

Thanks Tyll.

One of the things I've pondered out loud about in this thread is an earpad that can somehow bridge the gap between the jumbo's and the bowls. Something with a little more sound stage than the bowls, that can tame the highs a bit and still maintain that Grado energy. Maybe something that incorporates the principles behind the tape mod too. 

Apr 9, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #2,887 of 5,004
Where would I find rings like that-don't need to be Grado- just rings like brass that I could use....

The screen Bill sent is cool but I will use kitemans mesh with some kind of ring...oh by the way-the materials these shells are made of is "the wood that sounds good" wood....LOL...inside joke...right Bill??

Apr 9, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #2,890 of 5,004
Really nice looking Grados Kites. "The Custom Series" would definitely sound cooler than "The Mod Series".
smile.gif

Apr 9, 2011 at 5:26 AM Post #2,891 of 5,004

Quote:

I remember when Kites first started posting in this thread.... I recall some seriously ugly stuff as he dug into modding... seemed like more damage than progress... 

Now look at what he's turning out!! Awesome stuff.  Well done Kites!

haha this!

Apr 9, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #2,894 of 5,004

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Decided to change up the design and came up with this.  Introducing the monkey ear edition...

Still keeping with the hybrid tradition of wood/alum.

Cheers,
Al

Al,

Those are quite nice - actually, very nice.  Are you using the aluminium from the SR325, or milling some new pieces from stock?  Also, does your wooden cups extend down inside the aluminum, or are they basically on the surface for appearance?  Sorry for the questions - a few just popped into my mind when seeing your "nice" design.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back