Sports IEM suggestions (Running/Fitness/Cycling)
Feb 10, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #16 of 18
Hi Guys,

For my daily listening needs, I use my Astell & Kern SP1000M & Custom made Westone ES30 mostly.

However for running / cycling / fitness, I don't want to use my custom Westone's and nor am I planning on taking my SP1000M along.

For my sports needs, I'm looking for a quality pair of wireless earphones / earbuds or even Trekz (not a full blown headphone though) to hook up to my Galaxy Watch or Galaxy phone. Might potentially invest in a Shanling M0 DAP to take along but for now it will be my phone so audio quality isn't the absolute biggest priority.

As I have very tiny ears (for example: Can't fit Campfire Andromeda properly), I'm looking for something extremely comfortable that I can use for:

• Fitness

• Running

• Cycling
As the goal is to eventually participate in a marathon (not the type of race where IEM's are forbidden and you can only use bone conduction ones for safety purpose though) and I'd possibly use it while cycling, I'd appreciate decent battery times (more than 1 to 2 hours as cycling often takes longer than 2 hours).

Some of the options I was considering are:
(Should note at this point I haven't decided yet for truly wireless vs neckband. Both seem viable options and I'd probably go with what sits the most comfortable and just works in the most seamless way while working out)
  • Jaybird Tarah Pro

• Aftershokz Trekz Air (Not sure about the Bone Conduction Technology - Read it's more suited to podcasts and audiobooks than music listening while running)

• Jaybird X4 (Why pick these over Tarah Pro other than price?)

• Jaybird Run XT (Seems a rather large shell - might be uncomfortable)

• Jabra Elite 65T Active (Seems a rather large shell - might be uncomfortable)

• Senheisser CX Sport (Seem underrated but not sure how they stack up to Jaybird)

• Shure SE 215 with BTR cable (Just a suggestion I found online by some gym users)

• Bose Soundsport (Seems a rather large shell - might be uncomfortable)

• V-Moda Forza Metallo Wireless (Limited experience with the brand)
If anyone has any experiences or recommendations for an all round sport headphone, feel free to share :) Frequency wise I'd be using these probably 4-6 days / week.

Budget is around 300 euro max (I think more than that is probably not required to get a good 'sports' headphone. I won't hear every detail the way I can with my Westone ES30 or headphones at home but that's not the point of this purchase. Here I need a great companion for my workouts that is comfortable enough to forget about it.

If I could get something that I can take along to work to do my conference calls with (mic), that would be an added bonus (certainly not a requirement)

Thanks in advance

Spie

@Spie1904 ,

I suggest looking into the Vain Sthlm Move. These should suit you very well for your needs.

Happy to answer any questions you may have.

I have used this to exercise with though as yet I have not taken them running as I am just getting back into shape after long illness but for everything I put it through so far, it works really well.
I use this everyday as my wireless alternative to regular wired IEMs on the go.

Otherwise, second choice would be Helm Audio TW 5.0 but sound quality isn't as good with a higher noise floor than the Move.
Also, if taking calls, only right earpiece works whereas Move will have the call in both ears.

Hope you have a great day !

Feb 10, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #17 of 18
I bought the R4. Still don't exactly know what do think. They are not super comfortable but they don't move while running, no need to push them back or anything. I can't hear the sound of the cables. Bluetooth is actually very practical but sometimes the sound stutters and in comparison to my other iem the sound is ahem not so great. I'll continue test them in the gym and perhaps find a better way to place them.

Vain Sthlm Move , they look good for an affordable price. How's the sound? Comfort?

I personnally wanted to keep a cable between the two.

Feb 12, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #18 of 18
Vain Sthlm Move , they look good for an affordable price. How's the sound? Comfort?

I personnally wanted to keep a cable between the two.

Hi @Alcarinquei,

Ridiculously good sound, better than most TW IEMs I've tried so far...helps it has AptX.
The only more pricey option which may compete sound wise is the Klipsch TW 5.

Comfort & Fit is really good too, very minimal fuss with tip selection.

Hope you have a great day !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back