Spirit Torino Valkyria
Mar 24, 2024 at 12:33 PM Post #976 of 1,000
Just recently purchased this album, and it sounds glorious out of Valkyria. A duet of piano and double bass, Valkyria with its weighty notes perfectly portrays the harmony of piano strokes and plucks of strings from the double bass. I can absolutely feel the resonance of each instrument as if I’m part of the ensemble. Incredible.

IMG_3218.png

Mar 29, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #977 of 1,000
I'm really not the classical music guy.
But oh god, some of the most popular tracks like Carmina Burana or Swan Lake just sound scarily good on the Valkyria. You really hear the the full force of the orchestra.
This headphone puts any other dynamic driver to shame.

Apr 5, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #978 of 1,000
As an brief update. It's been a while since I've had the Valkyria now, and it's not a new toy syndrome. I'm consistently playing them more than anything else off of my dynamic chain. It offers a timbre and tone rich uniqueness from my stat system that makes them very attractive to pick up often. Very much enjoying them.

Apr 5, 2024 at 8:36 PM Post #979 of 1,000
As an brief update. It's been a while since I've had the Valkyria now, and it's not a new toy syndrome. I'm consistently playing them more than anything else off of my dynamic chain. It offers a timbre and tone rich uniqueness from my stat system that makes them very attractive to pick up often. Very much enjoying them.
I've experienced the same thing (minus the stat system comparison). While I'm still giving the CA-1a a good bit of listening time, the Valk has taken all my listening time away from every one of my other cans. It really is remarkable.

Apr 8, 2024 at 6:02 AM Post #980 of 1,000
hi, can Valkyria owners please test something for me… when listening to this track, and bit louder, do you hear any slight vibration in the right or left channel? Can’t tell if it is the track or something in the can…or my hearing lol

Thank you!!

Caroline No - Still waters run deep. First few seconds, and louder side please.

Attachments

• IMG_3416.jpeg
    IMG_3416.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 6:09 AM Post #981 of 1,000
hi, can Valkyria owners please test something for me… when listening to this track, and bit louder, do you hear any slight vibration in the right or left channel? Can’t tell if it is the track or something in the can…or my hearing lol

Thank you!!

You mean the subbas?

Apr 8, 2024 at 6:18 AM Post #983 of 1,000
yes...but almost like the mesh is vibrating...and it isn't happening, depending on positioning them etc...
Try different headphones and see how it 'feels'. I don't own Valkyria (just lurking here as it is definitely interesting headphone).
I tried this song with IEM that extends down to 20hz with bass shelf. And there is a lot of low bass notes there and also it seems to be out of phase or some other trickery was done so it feels unusual... kinda like inside in your head, hard to explain but strange feeling. Maybe that's what you hear/feel.

Apr 8, 2024 at 6:19 AM Post #984 of 1,000
TRy different headphones and see how it 'feels'. I don't own Valkyria (just lurking here as it is definitely interesting headphone).
I tried this song with IEM that extend down to 20hz with bass shelf. And there is a lot of low bass notes there and also it seems to be out of phase or some other trickery was done so it feels unusual... kinda like inside in your head, hard to explain but strange feeling. Maybe that's what you hear/feel.
Thanks! Will try a few different headphones and IEMs to get idea

Apr 8, 2024 at 9:23 AM Post #985 of 1,000

Thank you!!

I’ll try it a bit later tonight

Apr 8, 2024 at 10:05 AM Post #986 of 1,000

Thank you!!

No vibration from my Valkyria. Btw, nice vocals.

Apr 8, 2024 at 10:19 AM Post #987 of 1,000
Tonight is a Pink Martini session with Valkyria. Very relaxing and soothing. The density of the notes combined with excellent timbre are very enjoyable.

IMG_3225.png

Apr 8, 2024 at 12:31 PM Post #988 of 1,000

Thank you!!

Hello, I just tested, twice, and no problem with my Valk.

Apr 8, 2024 at 7:17 PM Post #990 of 1,000
Thank you all for trying!!
I also just gave it a whirl, and no vibration for me. (Sorry if that's not the news you wanted to hear). The opening beat has an impressive snap to it on the Valk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back