SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade
May 21, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #947 of 1,133
Thanks. The Spinfits that came with tithe Sabre just won't fit onto a Master filter. If those are cp100's that's 3.8mm.

Their drawings at https://www.spinfit.tech/copy-of-single-umbrella shows the cp240 to be the narrowest twin blade at 4mm nozzle but cp220 is 4.4mm and cp230 is 5.5mm. I don't know the OD of he Master filters, but will try to measure them tomorrow.
Based on my experience with the entire Double Blade series, I feel the posted measurements online doesn't necessarily equal how tight each tip will feel on a particular IEM nozzle, especially since I know that based on application, the Cp240 does not have the narrowest fit of the series. There are some IEM nozzles that are really wide (for example the 1MORE Quad Driver), and even though the CP240 is a small diameter for the Quad's nozzle, it will still fit if you take a few extra seconds and muscle to fit the CP240 on the nozzle. If you need a smaller diameter tip (as narrow as a Shure or Westone nozzle), then the single flange CP800 is the best fit.

May 21, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #948 of 1,133
Hmm, hi! Not wanting to drift too far off topic, but would appreciate a little elaboration on your thoughts having tried the Icarus III.. not many people put up impressions, would value yours.
Send me a PM and I'll give you my thoughts, as to not detract from the thread.

Cheers

May 21, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #949 of 1,133
Just thought I'd chime in and say, wow Spinfits are awesome!

Using them with the Simgot EN700 Bass and holy cr*p are they good, they stay in my ear properly (I used to be a Comply guy, these might change that for certain headphones), and the sound is amazing with them. Very happy.

May 21, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #950 of 1,133
Bought it last week. Despite the better seal, it(CP100) does not work well with AKG N40. Eventually I use Sony's ear tips now. , While the treble is brighter, there is a loss of bass. And the treble on N40 is bright enough originally so it does not convince me.

May 23, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #951 of 1,133
Did a bit of tip rolling again with my Westone UM 30 Pros. the sound with the Star Tips is really outstanding but I just
can't keep a good seal with them, went back to my CP800s and I'll gladly trade a bit of bass for the better fit.
I can't get the twin blade (CP240) to seal well so I'm not using them, probably need to order a larger size.

May 23, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #952 of 1,133
Did a bit of tip rolling again with my Westone UM 30 Pros. the sound with the Star Tips is really outstanding but I just
can't keep a good seal with them, went back to my CP800s and I'll gladly trade a bit of bass for the better fit.
I can't get the twin blade (CP240) to seal well so I'm not using them, probably need to order a larger size.

Hello,
you were able to use CP240 with a narrow nozzle, like the Westone has ? I thought that all twin tips like Cp240, 230 or 220 are too wide for small nozzles like Westone of Shure. Or maybe do you have done some modification to your CP240 ?
Thanks for your help.

Nicolas

May 23, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #953 of 1,133
Hello,
you were able to use CP240 with a narrow nozzle, like the Westone has ? I thought that all twin tips like Cp240, 230 or 220 are too wide for small nozzles like Westone of Shure. Or maybe do you have done some modification to your CP240 ?
Thanks for your help.

Nicolas
You can't use the CP240 with narrow nozzles like Shure, Westone, Sensaphonics, etc. without having to modify the tips themselves. The rest of the Double Blade series I feel don't set very well with narrow nozzles. The CP800 (single flange) works very well since its stalk nozzle diameter is very small.

May 24, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #954 of 1,133
I sacrificed a pair of star tips that don't fit me and inserted that inside the CP240s. Also tried the 240s unmodified on my 64 Audio U4SEs
they just didn't sound as good as the spiral dots on the U4s.
I think I need a larger CP240 as I haven't felt like I've gotten a good seal regardless of the IEM I'm using.

May 28, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #956 of 1,133
Can any one suggest correct size biflange spinfit for LZA4? Cp220?
CP240 should suffice (going by the pictures and comparison pictures I saw online).

May 28, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #958 of 1,133
May 29, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #959 of 1,133
Based on my experience with the entire Double Blade series, I feel the posted measurements online doesn't necessarily equal how tight each tip will feel on a particular IEM nozzle, especially since I know that based on application, the Cp240 does not have the narrowest fit of the series. There are some IEM nozzles that are really wide (for example the 1MORE Quad Driver), and even though the CP240 is a small diameter for the Quad's nozzle, it will still fit if you take a few extra seconds and muscle to fit the CP240 on the nozzle. If you need a smaller diameter tip (as narrow as a Shure or Westone nozzle), then the single flange CP800 is the best fit.
Thanks. As I recall, the Trinity Sabre filters are a wee bit smaller than the Master filters. Regardless, I'd love to know if the CP240 will fit Trinity Masters and also maybe the Sabre.

May 29, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #960 of 1,133
Thanks. As I recall, the Trinity Sabre filters are a wee bit smaller than the Master filters. Regardless, I'd love to know if the CP240 will fit Trinity Masters and also maybe the Sabre.
If you have seen first-hand any small nozzle types like Shure, Westone, etc., then the CP800 will fit without issue. Pretty much anything else, the CP240 should fit. You may have to use some muscle to get the CP240 to fit for wide nozzles such as the 1MORE Quad Driver IEM, but it will fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back