SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade
Apr 28, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #917 of 1,133
i received the spinfit cp240 they are really amazing, I will test them more but the first impressions are amazing i used them on my ibasso it03

I wish they have some for shure 846, so i will do a simple mod and slide them over shure 846 to see how they will work on shure 846

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #919 of 1,133
i received the spinfit cp240 they are really amazing, I will test them more but the first impressions are amazing i used them on my ibasso it03

I wish they have some for shure 846, so i will do a simple mod and slide them over shure 846 to see how they will work on shure 846

If you are talking about spinfit tips , they are avaliable for shure

Apr 29, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #920 of 1,133
Apr 29, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #921 of 1,133
@Sound Eq - not able to quote/reply to you via smartphone (with your content on my post/Head-Fi in transition) - even though there are double flange SpinFit tips with narrow nozzles (not the CP240 by default), I feel the fit over the Shure SE846 still isn't as snug as the single flange CP800, which was made specifically for narrow-nozzled IEMs such as the Shure, Westone, Sensaphonics, etcetera IEMs.

Have you tried the CP800 with the SE846? It's one of my favorite sizes-fit-most tip paired with the SE846. :beerchug:

Apr 29, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #922 of 1,133
@Sound Eq - not able to quote/reply to you via smartphone (with your content on my post/Head-Fi in transition) - even though there are double flange SpinFit tips with narrow nozzles (not the CP240 by default), I feel the fit over the Shure SE846 still isn't as snug as the single flange CP800, which was made specifically for narrow-nozzled IEMs such as the Shure, Westone, Sensaphonics, etcetera IEMs.

Have you tried the CP800 with the SE846? It's one of my favorite sizes-fit-most tip paired with the SE846. :beerchug:

what i will do is take the stem of a westone star tip and then slide over the cp240 and by that they will sit tight on the shure 846, as i have few stems of westone star tips laying aorund. I will report back tomorrow

Apr 29, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #923 of 1,133
Bought them couple days a go. 360 technology is interesting technology :) I would prefer a bit softer tips but still worth to buy.

Apr 29, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #924 of 1,133
Forgot to mention. I didn't hear any difference in sound.

Apr 29, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #925 of 1,133
what i will do is take the stem of a westone star tip and then slide over the cp240 and by that they will sit tight on the shure 846, as i have few stems of westone star tips laying aorund. I will report back tomorrow

Cool - I've done that with V-MODA tips and the SE530 stock stem a long time ago, good for the most part but the tips were prone to sliding around, especially when pulling the housing out of the ears (I had a tight fit).

In case you missed it above, have you tried the CP800 tips with the SE846?

Apr 30, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #926 of 1,133
Cool - I've done that with V-MODA tips and the SE530 stock stem a long time ago, good for the most part but the tips were prone to sliding around, especially when pulling the housing out of the ears (I had a tight fit).

In case you missed it above, have you tried the CP800 tips with the SE846?

I will buy those as well and report back

Apr 30, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #927 of 1,133
I will buy those as well and report back

Awesome, thanks for the reply. The CP800 has been a tried and true tip for the SE846 (for most users) and has been my favorite sizes-fit-most tip with the SE846 throughout the years I've paired them together.

If both the CP240, CP800 as well as other tips do not work optimally for you, but you love the sound of the SE846, consider the SCS. More info is located in the SCS review thread in my profile if you are interested.

May 6, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #928 of 1,133
So I just received some Westone W40's and spent...oh...6 HOURS trying to determine which tips worked best.

All of the included foams attenuate the high frequency too much. The Largest silicon is the only one that fits, but I feel like the vocals get overshadowed by the low end. I have a. Pair of Shure Olive's in Medium, but they are a tiny bit too small...

So I'm thinking about ordering the SP800's in M and L next. I'll go through the thread later...as well as 20 more I'm sure, but for the time being:

Can someone compare their experience with the Spinfits on a W40 vs stock TRUE and STAR?

May 6, 2017 at 3:30 AM Post #929 of 1,133
So I just received some Westone W40's and spent...oh...6 HOURS trying to determine which tips worked best.

All of the included foams attenuate the high frequency too much. The Largest silicon is the only one that fits, but I feel like the vocals get overshadowed by the low end. I have a. Pair of Shure Olive's in Medium, but they are a tiny bit too small...

So I'm thinking about ordering the SP800's in M and L next. I'll go through the thread later...as well as 20 more I'm sure, but for the time being:

Can someone compare their experience with the Spinfits on a W40 vs stock TRUE and STAR?

I had the W30 and UM 50 Pro, both reacted similarly to the Spinfit CP800's so my impressions with those iems should be similar to what you would experience on the W40. In terms of fit, I actually preferred the stock grey STAR tips, the CP800's on account of their flexible sound tubes had some stability issues during activity and the silicone seemed to cave in on itself so I struggled to find a seal. That being said, a lot of users have had great luck with the Spinfits, I likely purchased a size too large. While I'm usually medium, with deeper fitting earphones, small works better for me. In terms of sound, I'll paste my impressions below:

When compared to the stock grey tips, the CP800`s impress with increased balance throughout the entire sound spectrum. Sub-bass increases, mid and upper bass decrease slightly, sounding tighter in the process and the midrange is granted more presence, coming through clearer. The UM 50 Pro`s have more clarity and detail when used with the Spinfits, the lower midrange, in particular, is much cleaner, my main gripe with the stock UM 50 Pro. Perhaps due to a better seal or fit, I also noticed more volume, similar to using the CP100`s on my ie800`s. Treble has a little more presence, but it`s not as large as the midrange and bass differences in my testing. This is quite a strange outcome because the CP100`s had a predominately bass and treble impact on my ie800`s, the CP800`s affect mostly the bass and midrange. That being said, my sound impressions of the CP800`s are more positive on a whole, though it might be isolated purely to the UM 50 Pro`s. I suspect those with leaner sounding iems may find the CP800`s too thin sounding, it`s something to consider.

May 13, 2017 at 6:38 AM Post #930 of 1,133
I like the CP240s so far with Audio-Technica IEMs

DSC_0312.jpg DSC_0314.jpg DSC_0317.jpg DSC_0321.jpg DSC_0325.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back