SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade
Jul 30, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #361 of 1,133
Agreed with U. Jvc spiral dot the best sounding tips so far

Jul 30, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #362 of 1,133
Loved them on my ATH-IM50. There they were a huge upgrade to stock tips.
Don't love them so much on my FAD Heaven V. For some reason I did not achieve a good seal and always had to readjust. Moved now to InAirs foam tips which are absolutely fantastic with the Heaven V (and much better than the Comply-foams)

Aug 6, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #363 of 1,133
This is the thread I've been looking for! I have so much trouble getting a good fit, with my large, shallow ear canals.

My large JVC SDs are coming in the mail tomorrow for my Dunu DN 1000s-- wish me luck. I am the only person I know of who needs L JVC tips. I just hope the SDs aren't smaller than their predecessors, whose model number escapes me.

Aug 7, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #364 of 1,133
This is the thread I've been looking for! I have so much trouble getting a good fit, with my large, shallow ear canals.

My large JVC SDs are coming in the mail tomorrow for my Dunu DN 1000s-- wish me luck. I am the only person I know of who needs L JVC tips. I just hope the SDs aren't smaller than their predecessors, whose model number escapes me.

You are not the only one who uses large JVC SD's. I use them every day. I also bought the ML size just to compare and they don't work for me. For some reason the ML size seems much smaller than the L size. I was expecting only a slight difference from the the designation of ML to L. It is not a small difference.

With some of my iem's the JVC us a perfect fit. With others it is not. It is a very individual thing and has to do with the shape of the iem and the length of the shaft. Strangely on my sure 846 the spinfits are a perfect fit and the JVC won't seal at all. On others it is just the opposite.

Aug 10, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #365 of 1,133
just got these in today, and based on what everyones saying, i gotta say i'm pretty disappointed.... granted it might not just be the right fit for me ( i'm almost always a medium, in basically 9/10 of the earphones i use)

and the mediums on the spinfits weirdly enough measure by rough estimates with a ruler to my other mediums ie my rha and sony hybrids

but maybe its the combination of the i guess overly soft brittle silicone and the overly enthusiastic pivoting tip, it might have collapsed inside my ear canal

but they haven't worked with my dunu titan 1s, re400, vsonic gr07, im70, ad01

whereas i'm using mediums for all of those earphones i listed....

maybe i need large but i gotta say thats a bit of an expensive gamble at $10 per size/per pair

anyone got the larges care to measure the size of the diameter?

if it was say $15 or so for 3 sizes, that might be a stretch but itd be easier to consider...

sighhh i really don't want to spend another $10 on the larges........

but i gotta say the inner silicone core, is super soft (good or bad) i was expecting them to be a stiffer material then say the sony hybrids and rhas (which are rock hard stiff, like a wash board 6 pack)
wink_face.gif

Aug 11, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #367 of 1,133
  The packaging says they are for 4.5mm nozzles, but I`ve put them on much larger nozzles than that.  Another headfier has them on his Rockets, and he told me they have 7mm nozzles.  

Are you using spintips with your Mavericks? I have the same IEM and I'm just curious.

Aug 12, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #371 of 1,133

If you give those away to someone awesome, we'll send you some Large tips. 

Let's make sure you get the fit right before deciding if you like them or not!

the silicone on my pair seems to collapse easily when inserting them in my ear

it definitely has that 360 degree rotation, but maybe a bit overly flexible... hm.. i'll give it a few more days (maybe a week) to see if anything changes

thanks for the reply!

Aug 12, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #372 of 1,133
Just got the Jaben (Singapore)  version and put them on my IE 80s. What a difference these make. Very easy to insert as opposed to every other tip I've used so far and so comfortable. A level of the supposed Sennheiser 'veil' has been lifted. Bass has more definition, separation appears to be better and I can lower the volume a bit to get the same effect. I've also just recieved a pair of Flare R2As and have attached the Spinfits to them after spending part of the day listening to them with Comply t200s that came with these iems. Will report on these later.

One small note. I found that I had reversed the cables on my IE80s. Some adjustment needed here.

Aug 12, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #373 of 1,133

the silicone on my pair seems to collapse easily when inserting them in my ear

it definitely has that 360 degree rotation, but maybe a bit overly flexible... hm.. i'll give it a few more days (maybe a week) to see if anything changes

thanks for the reply!

I own a few pair of spinfits from Japan and mine do not rotate 360 degree's? They are very flexible at the tip but they do not have the ability to rotate 360. I wonder if yours are from Jaben? Does the Jaben version actually rotate 360 on the stem? I find the spinfits require a deeper insertion to work their best. Some of my iem's won't allow for that deep insertion due to their design. That make the JVC a better fit for those.

I do find that when the spinfits give a good fit they convey a greater sense of space than the JVC. This could be a very individual thing as are all tips. Ear shapes vary almost as much as fingerprints.

Aug 15, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #374 of 1,133
Just received a pair of Ms from the seller on ebay for $10.

I like them, quite comfortable and don't fall off my ears. Can't comment on any sounds differences but they sound fine.

P.S. Mine also do not rotate

Aug 18, 2015 at 5:11 AM Post #375 of 1,133
I now have Spinfits from both Jaben and the Japanese version which arrived today. A physical test where I squeezed both and rolled them around my fingertips showed that the Japanese version have a much softer and more slippery silicone.

I attached the Japanese version to my Flares. I knew I had problems before I even played any music. The right ear did not feel as if it had sealed properly and playing music proved this. I fiddled around and finally found a balanced posotion but the bass was sadly lacking along with soundstage, clarity etc.

So I then attached them to my IE80s with a similar result. Playing the Asahinho version of Summertime Sadness, the sibilance was bad and bass was woolly and vague. The Valsalva manouevre didn't change the ear pressure in any way indicating a weak seal.

I then put the Jaben Spinfits on the IE80s and everything was fixed. The same went for the Flares.

What puzzles me is the huge difference between two sets of tips that are supposedly almost alike. I wonder, with the softer silicone, do I need one size larger with the Japanese Spinfits or are they so slippery that they won't seal in my ears.

What has astonished me is the massive difference made by a change in tips.

So now I spend a bit more money and investigate JVC Spiral Dots and maybe the Ortofon tips.

What a fascinating science this is....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back