SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade
Mar 30, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #166 of 1,133

That`s interesting.  I find the opposite: they increase the amount of bass frequencies I hear, I think because I`m getting a better seal, better isolation and with IEMs the lower frequencies are the first to be overpowered by ambient noise.  I known when I had thd FX850, with it`s enormous bass quantity, the Spinfits noticeably improved the qualtiy of it - by increasing the amount of detail I could hear.   They also make supposedly bass-light IEMs not noticeably bass-light any more, IME.    But again, these things are so individual-specific it`s not unusual for two people to have opposite experiences.  Or interpret the same thing in two opposite ways. 

Are those the same things?  I`m all confused. 

Back to the music. 

d

Maybe the explanation has to do with individual starting points; so for example with my TTPOD T1E, I have been using the JVC spiral dot tips (large) and these have provided an excellent seal.  The bass amount (for me) with this set up is a little warmer than I like with my Xuelin 960 dual-core DAP.  When I switch to the Spinfit (that I'm fairily sure I bought from you) tips (again large), I still get an excellent seal, so this seems to be a constant between the 2 tips.  The more noticeable difference has to to with the extension and narrowing of the tip opening with the Spinfit vs the Spiral dot tip.  For me, extending and narrowing the nozzle tends to reduce the bass amount, and gives better separation of low, mid and high sound frequencies. Also, I have not noticed any reduction in volume or detail/clarity with the Spinfits.  So, now, the TTPOD T1E with the Spinfit tip actually pairs better with my DAP.  I must say that the Spinfit tips are very soft and comfortable in the ear canal.  So maybe it all depends on the balance between seal and nozzle length/width as to what you might expect to experience with the Spinfit tips...

Mar 30, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #167 of 1,133
  Cool, but those are definitely the Muse Spinfits . . .   

Actually, they are not.

The most up-to-date info that I found out from SpinFit is this:

The CP100/CP101 are the Muse tips, that are old products that SpinFit OEMs.  SpinFit also OEMs to TTR Corporation (trdsn.com) as TTR themselves told me that they have a retail contract with SpinFit (this is the company my SpinFit tips came from).

SpinFit is actually a Taiwanese company, but since they supply to Japan, people have the impression that SpinFit is a Japanese company, when in fact, they are not.

SpinFit says that they were doing OEM and now they just started to do their own branding. Currently, they are still working on their packaging.  They also say that they now will remodel and rebrand the tips.  They told me that they are still in process.

SpinFit says that currently they are starting to build up their own brand and are improving their productions for better quality too. Now they have more colors as well.  They also said that it is taking longer than expected as they do not have experience in doing final product.

They are very new, but I am looking forward to their future endeavors, and glad that they are creating new and improved products under their own company name.

SpinFit informed me that Jaben's SpinFit are the new batch from SpinFit's production as they currently only appoint Jaben as their reseller. Those are not Muse or an old batch. They are new.

Mar 31, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #168 of 1,133
From what i know, Spinfit is originated from Taiwan, and yes they do OEM to a lot brand/reseller and etc last time, which lead to there isn't second manufacturer or anything, Spinfit is the only one who made them, correct me if i'm wrong.

Maybe we should create a list for which earphone has the improvement after the usage of Spinfit. 

Mar 31, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #169 of 1,133
Although I haven't really had problems with other tips, I got some Spinfits in each size from Dopaminer's eBay to try them out. I usually use medium Sony hybrids with my SBH80's (wireless), which have worked pretty well. The medium Spinfits are even more comfortable, though - I can barely feel the pressure of the IEMs in my ear. The large tips give me an excellent seal, but they're not nearly as comfortable, due to being a little large for my ears.

I don't really know about sound quality. I got the impression that the large Spinfits made bass a little boomy, but didn't really pick up a change between the medium hybrids and medium Spinfits. I only listened to a few songs with each, and didn't bother A/Bing either, as I was mostly interested in the comfort factor. I use these wrieless IEMs mostly when walking around and traveling anyways, so I don't care too much about minor changes in sound quality.

Apr 1, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #170 of 1,133
  Although I haven't really had problems with other tips, I got some Spinfits in each size from Dopaminer's eBay to try them out. I usually use medium Sony hybrids with my SBH80's (wireless), which have worked pretty well. The medium Spinfits are even more comfortable, though - I can barely feel the pressure of the IEMs in my ear. The large tips give me an excellent seal, but they're not nearly as comfortable, due to being a little large for my ears.

I don't really know about sound quality. I got the impression that the large Spinfits made bass a little boomy, but didn't really pick up a change between the medium hybrids and medium Spinfits. I only listened to a few songs with each, and didn't bother A/Bing either, as I was mostly interested in the comfort factor. I use these wrieless IEMs mostly when walking around and traveling anyways, so I don't care too much about minor changes in sound quality.

According to the user feedback here, the sound improvement is quite personal, and majority depends on the earphone itself.

Apr 2, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #171 of 1,133
I myself using the Spinfit and think that I need bigger size. I feel that it is too soft silicone tips and sometimes I found that hard to get perfect fit. Perhaps bigger size will solve my problem.

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #172 of 1,133
  I myself using the Spinfit and think that I need bigger size. I feel that it is too soft silicone tips and sometimes I found that hard to get perfect fit. Perhaps bigger size will solve my problem.

Here is something simple you can try. Take some baby oil and put a very tiny amount on one finger. Run your finger around the tips to make a very slight coating. Insert the tip in your ears and in a couple of second the warmth of your ear will react with the oil to create a positive seal. This will only work if the tip size is the correct one for your ear canal. Give it a try you don't want to make the tips wet just a very tiny coating.

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #173 of 1,133
  Here is something simple you can try. Take some baby oil and put a very tiny amount on one finger. Run your finger around the tips to make a very slight coating. Insert the tip in your ears and in a couple of second the warmth of your ear will react with the oil to create a positive seal. This will only work if the tip size is the correct one for your ear canal. Give it a try you don't want to make the tips wet just a very tiny coating.

Oh wow~ Learn something new today~ Thanks Chodi.
By the way, this is one time application, or suggested to apply everytime?

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #174 of 1,133
  Oh wow~ Learn something new today~ Thanks Chodi.
By the way, this is one time application, or suggested to apply everytime?

If you use the earphones often you don't need to re-apply every time. If you want to see the difference this can make download the Sensaphonics test and try it before you put the oil. Then run the test again after the oil. You will see a major improvement in the bass. 

The important thing is you do not want to make the tips wet. Just the slightest film coating. You will also find this makes the tips more comfortable. 

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:41 AM Post #175 of 1,133
  If you use the earphones often you don't need to re-apply every time. If you want to see the difference this can make download the Sensaphonics test and try it before you put the oil. Then run the test again after the oil. You will see a major improvement in the bass. 

The important thing is you do not want to make the tips wet. Just the slightest film coating. You will also find this makes the tips more comfortable. 

Noted. This is very knowledgeable and thanks for the advice, I will try it 
wink_face.gif

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #177 of 1,133

Great, will try out as well!

Apr 6, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #179 of 1,133
How do I get a pair of these tips?

I see them being sold on eBay for $10 a pair http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spinfit-Tips-Authentic-Spinfits-brand-new-from-Japan-/171687936020?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27f9660014

Or is it better through Dopaminer? Or is that Dopaminer's eBay account?

I checked the first page and found nothing :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Back