SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade
Apr 7, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #197 of 1,133
Chodi said:
I understand that at a recent show the company that makes Spinfits had a display and they now have a version for the smaller shafts. As far as I know it is not available in stores yet. They were selling them at the show for $5. Show promotion. Saw a photo of them in a recent thread here but don't remember where.
it was in the Canjam SoCal Impressions thread originally. I reposted in here on page 11 post #159. My face = :eek: when I spotted them in the photo.

Is there any black version of the spinfits? I don't mean the rotating stem, but the mushroom cap part, instead of the semi opaque white/grey.

Apr 8, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #198 of 1,133
it was in the Canjam SoCal Impressions thread originally. I reposted in here on page 11 post #159. My face =
eek.gif
when I spotted them in the photo.

Is there any black version of the spinfits? I don't mean the rotating stem, but the mushroom cap part, instead of the semi opaque white/grey.

I think the new batch of spin fit mostly comes in transparent color.

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #199 of 1,133
  So, as far as ear sizes, how comparable are they to the Westone star type of other similar silicon tips? I ask, because I currently use the small size and would like to know what size is the equivalent on the spinfits? Also what do the different colors mean?

There is no difference that I am aware between the red and white sound tubes in the Japanese Sarounbi Spinfits.  They are useful for setting up left-white/right-red tip combos.  

The other colors that you see in people`s pictures are not currently available in Japan, that I have seen (we briefly had some other colors a few months ago but they are long gone and all the stock seems to be either red or white).  The colorful ones are from Muse, not Sarounbi, and there has been some discussion here and on other threads, like the FX850 thread, regarding the differences between the two versions.  Also the ones with the black bodies are the Muse Spinfits, not Sarounbi, as far as I know. I`ve never seen them here. 

The spinfits can be used on smaller-bore IEMs like Shure and Westone by the mod Chodi mentioned, or by applying layers of tape to the outside of the nozzle to increase it`s diameter, or heat-shrink, if you are that brave. 

Sizing runs pretty close to other popular tips, in my experience - I take M spinfit and M in everything else.    

Here`s one I chopped in half with a knife, because everybody like to see technology chopped in half: 

And yes, simply PM if you would like to try them out, or need more.  

We have a big show here next month, where I hope to finally meet the people involved with these tips, fully clarify the differences to the Muse tips, and check out the smaller-bore versions.  I`d actually prefer larger-bore versions.  

d

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #200 of 1,133

We have a big show here next month, where I hope to finally meet the people involved with these tips, fully clarify the differences to the Muse tips, and check out the smaller-bore versions.  I`d actually prefer larger-bore versions.  

d

If you can, ask them if they plan to make solid black or translucent black cap color 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 9, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #202 of 1,133

There is no difference that I am aware between the red and white sound tubes in the Japanese Sarounbi Spinfits.  They are useful for setting up left-white/right-red tip combos.  

The other colors that you see in people`s pictures are not currently available in Japan, that I have seen (we briefly had some other colors a few months ago but they are long gone and all the stock seems to be either red or white).  The colorful ones are from Muse, not Sarounbi, and there has been some discussion here and on other threads, like the FX850 thread, regarding the differences between the two versions.  Also the ones with the black bodies are the Muse Spinfits, not Sarounbi, as far as I know. I`ve never seen them here. 

The spinfits can be used on smaller-bore IEMs like Shure and Westone by the mod Chodi mentioned, or by applying layers of tape to the outside of the nozzle to increase it`s diameter, or heat-shrink, if you are that brave. 

Sizing runs pretty close to other popular tips, in my experience - I take M spinfit and M in everything else.    

Here`s one I chopped in half with a knife, because everybody like to see technology chopped in half: 

And yes, simply PM if you would like to try them out, or need more.  

d

I found the picture disturbing :v

Apr 9, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #203 of 1,133
  Apologies; this is a little off topic, but can anyone identify these eartips?
Pics have approximate measurements.

Pic 1 Size 13mm Hig

Much appreciate your help.

Problem is (good spotting by fnkcow btw) you cannot buy those tips from the EPH-100 separately. They're not available individually.

Edit: this reply is for the member displaying the EPH-100 tips above.

Sorry to continue the off-topic, but those Yamaha double-flange tips are available in the shops here.  Kinda pricey because they come in a box of several pairs of various sizes...  Anyway pm if you want/need . . . .

Apr 11, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #204 of 1,133
Received the Spinfits from Dopaminer - thanks, mate!

Apr 12, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #206 of 1,133
By the way All, 

There`s a new extra-small size here in Japan now, with purple sound tube.  So sizes now go:   SS  S  M  L 

d

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #207 of 1,133
I have the GR07 Classic and none of the supplied tips give a proper fit. The small ones are too small and the mediums stick out a bit. So, was wondering if the SpinFit tips would do any justice and if so which size?

Apr 14, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #208 of 1,133
  I have the GR07 Classic and none of the supplied tips give a proper fit. The small ones are too small and the mediums stick out a bit. So, was wondering if the SpinFit tips would do any justice and if so which size?

It's impossible to make a suggestion, but I'm finding the medium Spinfits seal well and are comfortable with a relatively shallow insertion (Aurisonic Rockets). You have to do a bit of trial and error - I bought both large and medium-sized Spinfits...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back