SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade
May 9, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #226 of 1,133
  Got mine in the mail today.  Thanks!!

My first impression (TF10) is that they make the sound brighter than the Complys I had been using.  The resonance of bass is much less with the Spinfit, and the isolation is nowhere near.  I'll try them out at home for a while, but they will not work for me for travel.

Will it because of the fitting issue? have you try different sizes?

May 9, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #227 of 1,133
I'm using the large. They seem to fit well. The silicone is very thin and just doesn't isolate well enough for me. I boosted the bass and was able to get the sound back closer to where it was with the Comply tips, but the overall experience wasn't for me. I don't want to crank the volume, so mechanical isolation is my top priority. I'll stick with the Comply foams.

May 9, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #228 of 1,133
Thanks to the spinfits, my Duozas passed the lawn mowing test. I didn't have to readjust them at anytime. Gone are the days of my Duozas constantly losing seal and steadily falling out (stock tips). These spinfits indeed allow pushing in deeper into my canal, quite nice feeling.

May 10, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #229 of 1,133
I'm using the large. They seem to fit well. The silicone is very thin and just doesn't isolate well enough for me. I boosted the bass and was able to get the sound back closer to where it was with the Comply tips, but the overall experience wasn't for me. I don't want to crank the volume, so mechanical isolation is my top priority. I'll stick with the Comply foams.

Aww too bad it doesn't fit you, guess they are not perfect for everyone ears, maybe we should revert back to them.

May 11, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #230 of 1,133

Aww too bad it doesn't fit you, guess they are not perfect for everyone ears, maybe we should revert back to them.

You will never get the isolation with the Spinfits that you get with Comply foam. I find the Spinfits work wonderfully with some iem's and not with others. It is trail and error. When they match up well with some iem's they are really good. 

May 12, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #231 of 1,133
Just got my Spinfits from Dopaminer.   At first thought they totally killed the bass.  Then really pushed them in, based on the diagram.  These go way deeper than I am used to, but once in, felt very good and didn't mess with the treble like foam tends to do.   Bass was all there as well.   Shove them in deep guys and gals!

May 13, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #232 of 1,133
  Just got my Spinfits from Dopaminer.   At first thought they totally killed the bass.  Then really pushed them in, based on the diagram.  These go way deeper than I am used to, but once in, felt very good and didn't mess with the treble like foam tends to do.   Bass was all there as well.   Shove them in deep guys and gals!

Yea ah this is the feeling i was getting in the first time, deeper and deeper =D

May 14, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #234 of 1,133
Really liking them and getting the hang of putting them in. Will order a bunch more. I'm liking these more than my Shure foams, which I have modded to fit wider bore iems.
If you go for more than one, dont forget the $20 for 3 pair that Earwerkz proposes; Int shipping incl. :wink:

May 14, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #235 of 1,133
Mine came through courtesy of Dopaminer today.

Many thanks buddy, they are awesome!

May 15, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #237 of 1,133
  Have anyone tried Spinfits on AKG K3003? Are they good for these iems?

This is not going to be a direct answer because I have no experience with the K3003. I did want to advise that the issue with the Spinfits has to do with the length of the shaft of the iem. If the shaft is long enough to allow for the Spinfits to really insert into your ear canal far enough for a good seal then they are great. I use them on my Shure 846 with fantastic results. On my UM Mentor they won't work because of the very short shaft. Spinfits have to allow for a deep insertion to work best. They are soft so they are very comfortable when they fit.

Now hopefully someone here has tried them with the K3003 and can comment.

May 20, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #238 of 1,133
Bought 3 spin-fit tips for ATH-IM70, Sony MH1C, and Sony XBA-20. All work well so far, but more importantly better fit than the stock tips, no "ear-suction" I experienced with Sony's Hybrid tips, and less pressure inside the ear, which is important when I go to gym, without killing the isolation.

I like how Spin-fit tips increases the XBA-20 clarity without reducing bass quantity and quality.I Hope there'll be no complains in future, so where's that Dopaminer dude?!  I want to thank that guy since I'm surprised the Dopaminer or David is the Ebay seller I bought from.

May 20, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #239 of 1,133
  Bought 3 spin-fit tips for ATH-IM70, Sony MH1C, and Sony XBA-20. All work well so far, but more importantly better fit than the stock tips, no "ear-suction" I experienced with Sony's Hybrid tips, and less pressure inside the ear, which is important when I go to gym, without killing the isolation.

I like how Spin-fit tips increases the XBA-20 clarity without reducing bass quantity and quality.I Hope there'll be no complains in future, so where's that Dopaminer dude?!  I want to thank that guy since I'm surprised the Dopaminer or David is the Ebay seller I bought from.

Thanks Gandasputra and I`m glad they work for you.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back