SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade
Mar 23, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #107 of 1,133
I just received two sets of the large Spin Fits from dopaminer. They arrived quickly with no fuss.

Mar 23, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #108 of 1,133
Personally, I don't like the spinfits. I got 3 pairs of S sizes off MyEar in Taiwan and when I insert them deep, they go all the way in.

This in itself is a good thing. However, I think it might be my problem, but they cause my ears to itch after a while. I figured it was the seams at the end.

My sensitive ears probably only can use shallow inserts.

Mar 23, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #109 of 1,133
Will these fit on iems with a 7mm diameter nozzle? (Aurisonics Rockets)

Mar 23, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #111 of 1,133
I used mine with the rockets. A little effort to get it on but once you get it on it's not coming out.

Thanks - the tips I'm using now are about 13mm at their widest (the back side which is furthest from the hole). Any idea which Spinfit size is closest to this?

Mar 24, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #112 of 1,133

Thanks - the tips I'm using now are about 13mm at their widest (the back side which is furthest from the hole). Any idea which Spinfit size is closest to this?

That would be the large size.

Mar 24, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #114 of 1,133
I used mine with the rockets. A little effort to get it on but once you get it on it's not coming out.

Durable and flexible enough to not have to worry about tearing?

Mar 24, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #118 of 1,133
I don't know what you mean, but I certainly don't think you'll face any problems with them on the rockets. Except maybe what I mentioned above about the itch

The red part. It sounds like it will be no problem, so I'm going to order a set.

Mar 24, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #119 of 1,133

How about the core? That's the part that has to really stretch over the nozzle. Thanks for you help, by the way.

No problem.

These are actually very good tips, the design is one to work for the user benefit in many ways.

1) They can give extra reach for shorter nozzle IEM. (ASG-2, Fidue A83  etc)

2) They really do form to the ear canal giving that extra advantage.

3) They're one of the most comfortable tips I have ever worn (I'm talking almost not felt at all)

When using these with Aurisonics ASG-2 the imaging becomes about 20-30% more accurate (no joke). I can't explain why exactly, maybe due to the nozzle angling in my ear correctly. Though the imaging when samples cue around stage was quite a jaw dropper for me when using SpinFit tips. Due to the angle they naturally create the seal formed is very air tight and you may find bass response picks up notably. Actually, too much bass for me with ASG-2 unless I drop back the bass tuning ports.

Things to be careful of:

When removing these tips be sure not to pull on top of the tip too much. That gel support (which gives the angle / pivot) can tend to stretch and possibly tear if not taking caution. So when removing them just flick the red core back over the IEM nozzle instead of using a pulling motion from the top of the tip.

Mar 24, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #120 of 1,133
Personally, I don't like the spinfits. I got 3 pairs of S sizes off MyEar in Taiwan and when I insert them deep, they go all the way in.

This in itself is a good thing. However, I think it might be my problem, but they cause my ears to itch after a while. I figured it was the seams at the end.

My sensitive ears probably only can use shallow inserts.

Xeset, looking at your picture with that dark, smokey colored silicon, I am sure you have the Muse Spinfit, not the Japanese Sarounbi Spinfits I`m providing.  I`ve never seen anything like that here in Japan with the Spinfit label.  They might both be manufactured in Taiwan, but in addition to the color, there is a distinct difference in the texture and, seemingly, the quality.  I saw the Muse spinfits in Bangkok . .  

For me, these Spinfits simply seal better than any other tip, and because of the better seal, the increased isolation and of course the non-collapsing sound tube, I hear more detail, especially in the lower frequencies.  They are also great at keeping my IEMs in my ears, physically, comfortably, due, I believe, to higher-grade silicon...  

And yes, if anyone wants some, don`t hesitate to send me a PM.  I`ve bought out the local stationary store`s entire stock of small zip lock bags, in true drug-dealer style!  

d

Users who are viewing this thread

Back