Spilled beer over soundcard, should i wash it?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2018 at 6:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mindblownDt48

New Head-Fier
ujerizatnje uječkezapinje ujerinezamatenje
Yupp, tc electronic desktop konnekt 6, immediately shut down,
should i open it as soon as possible, wash with mildly warm water?
Can i screw it up? It has dac, headphone amp...
What are the chances it will work after drying on its own?
it was like a splash, from 0.5l beer can, i was fast but Murphy, no... on point every time

Nov 4, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #2 of 9
What are the chances it will work after drying on its own?
Very high. Just let it dry completely. You can facilitate drying with gentle heat, such as sunlight.

If you think a significant amount of liquid got inside, open it up to drain it, and rinse the parts that got wet with distilled water. This is a common recommendation for electronics that gets wet.

BTW, you can ignore suggestions to dry electronics by putting it in uncooked rice. It's an urban legend — rice absorbs very little moisture from the air.

Nov 5, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #5 of 9
You should of left it in distilled water.

Normal tap/bottled water is not good for electronics and will leave mineral deposits on the soundcard. Think metals.

If it’s not destroyed, get some distilled water, put the card in it and let it sit to get any beer or minerals off, then stick it on a towel or somewhere thats non static producing. Towels with Nylon are not good, it has to be 100% cotton if you want to make sure static wont destroy parts of your card.

Nov 6, 2018 at 4:45 AM Post #7 of 9
Sounds logical, imma try with a distilled water, much appreciated! :hand_splayed:

What sound card do you have ?

Also what kind of port is it connected to ? PCI, or PCI Express ?

If it’s a PCI port/slot, I have an old Asus Xonar D1 sound card that you can have, it’s the brother of the pci express Xonar DX sound card. Both are the same card, but one uses a pci slot, and the other uses a pci express slot.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #9 of 9
its tc electronic konnekt 6, firewire, external unit... thanks for your offer :beerchug: i already got new (used) card... e mu 4040 usb

No problem, I hope everything works out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back