Spiders:I hate them!!!!
Apr 30, 2005 at 2:27 PM Post #31 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by BANGPOD
MCDONALDSSECRETSAUCE --

JUST DO A GOOGLE SEARCH!

How about a little bet between you and me? A small proposition, if you will?

Do a Google search for the "spitting spider;" if there is no clear, definitive evidence...
I promise you that I will leave Head-Fi forever, no questions asked or anything else!

But if there IS definitive evidence, then you must let me borrow some of your equipment!

BANGIWILLWINTHISBETYOUCRAZYWOMAN

Bangmehardandsilly>Don't tell me, you want to lend either the r-10's or the Kgss+omega2's.....Yep I have been keep tabs on you......

Actually it was another headfier mention it, seeming as there are two of you in agreement of the spitting spider, I will have to believe it.

I actually quite like you around headfi, Bangedmelovespudsrotten......

Apr 30, 2005 at 2:42 PM Post #32 of 91
I had a buddy (dead from O.D. last fall) that was petrified of even the tiniest spider and he had a huge tattoo of a spider web and spider done on his elbow.(He had big arms so the web was really huge and actually looked cool).

It helped nothing and he would squeal like a whimpering pup at the sight of an arachnid and he took abuse on this from me and everyone else at any oppurtunity.

'Hey J....n,how come your not scared of the spider on your arm man ?"

Big Huge Biker Guy leathered out and covered in tatoos jumping up on a chair like a little girl at the sight of a spider and screaming "get it away,kill it" .No one would because it would have spoiled all the fun
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 30, 2005 at 3:31 PM Post #33 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
I am the first to admit that I am terrified by spiders.

So don't go to Roppongi Hills in Tokyo.
very_evil_smiley.gif

111_1113.sized.jpg

Apr 30, 2005 at 4:08 PM Post #34 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Bangmehardandsilly>Don't tell me, you want to lend either the r-10's or the Kgss+omega2's.....Yep I have been keep tabs on you......

Actually it was another headfier mention it, seeming as there are two of you in agreement of the spitting spider, I will have to believe it.

I actually quite like you around headfi, Bangedmelovespudsrotten......

PINKPUNAN --

I want to lend from you... DUM DUM DUM... BOTH OF THEM!?!?!? HAHAHA!
How does May 12th sound?
wink.gif
That is when I get home from college...
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Yes, it seems like there is clear, definitive evidence... Did you just walk into this THING!?!?!?!
I actually like you around Head-Fi, GOPINKDECORATIONSANDFEMININEFLORALARRANGEMENTS!!

BANGPARTYINMYPANTS

Apr 30, 2005 at 4:44 PM Post #35 of 91
so does anyone know of a substance that repels spiders?
besides insecticide and lemon juice, that is.

it would be nice if there was a way to keep them out of the house entirely. Kind of easy to keep ants away, but spiders?

Apr 30, 2005 at 5:28 PM Post #36 of 91
Once a spider laid an egg inside my computer monitor. For the next week little baby spiders would come crawling out of the vents and ish. Messed up.

Apr 30, 2005 at 6:05 PM Post #38 of 91
For the original poster, if the thing is indeed "pulsating", I recommend you nuke it, however, your brother is most likely making this up just to freak you out. I would recommend investing in a can of RAID and spraying the nest. RAID is just about the worst smelling stuff on the face of the earth, but you can guarantee that nothing that it contacts will live.

Apr 30, 2005 at 6:16 PM Post #39 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoteriX
Once a spider laid an egg inside my computer monitor. For the next week little baby spiders would come crawling out of the vents and ish. Messed up.

Do you happen to have pics of that?
Its pretty freaky.

Apr 30, 2005 at 7:22 PM Post #40 of 91
people say "oh spiders are good, they eat flies!"
I'd much rather live with the flies.

I'd still like to know what substance repells spiders. There has to be something we could put around our houses that spiders would find repulsive.

Apr 30, 2005 at 7:23 PM Post #41 of 91
I guess spiders are at least as afraid of you than vice versa. In their case for a good reason, though...
Think of spiders as natural pest control. They're partial to a lot of stuff far more icky than spiders. No need to cuddle, just let them live and go about their business.
Having said that, I must admit I'll go eww like the next guy if I surprise a big one. Completely irrational, but I can't help it. No urge to kill, though. Helped one out of the tub before taking a shower the other day...

Apr 30, 2005 at 7:31 PM Post #42 of 91
Quote:

No need to cuddle, just let them live and go about their business.

Then you find a brown recluse hiding in your laundry... the hard way!
blink.gif

Apr 30, 2005 at 7:33 PM Post #43 of 91
I hate spiders too..

When I was little I had a nightmare that I was still sleeping, and this spider the size of maybe a car entered my ceiling and dropped down and bit me. Ever since then I've been completely scared.

By the way, in this morning's Times newspaper, there's a huge picture of a spider. The article relates to the fact that a 5inch brazilian spider has been let loose in a hospital and has already bitten one man.

Scary.

Apr 30, 2005 at 7:36 PM Post #44 of 91
i dont wanna see no pics of spiders neither, tyvm!
nasty friggin' things.

Apr 30, 2005 at 7:37 PM Post #45 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonz
people say "oh spiders are good, they eat flies!"
I'd much rather live with the flies.

I'd still like to know what substance repells spiders. There has to be something we could put around our houses that spiders would find repulsive.

Repel ALL the insects from your house, and I'm sure you won't find spiders.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back