Spiders:I hate them!!!!
May 1, 2005 at 3:13 AM Post #61 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
Hey Pinkie.....you didn't know that spiders inject venom through fangs? Guess you also don't know that's part of the feeding process, huh? Yep, the spiders wait for the venom to liquify the victims insides and then they suck it out. Isn't that just peachy! Hey, you do know that spiders and scorpions love dark areas don't you? Shoes, clothing stuck in a musty closet, cups/glasses in pantries....man, they're everywhere. I've even had a brush with a scorpion in my bed! No joke. Climbed into bed and after a couple of minutes, I felt this "brush" against my leg. You know...sort of how sheets will sometimes make you leg feel like something moved? Only this movement had consistency and direction. I lifted the covers and there next to my left leg lay a scorpion. Needless to say, he died a quick and hopefully painful death. Point is that they like heat....body heat. Sleep well my arachnophobic friend!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Yeah probably the scorpion sniffed your lovespuds and keeled over...no wonder it died so fast.

They like heat??? Nah that was you farting thru your choccy starfish...

I don't have any dark areas in my room cos it its filled with headphone and amps that I beat you to. You still have been served...beeetch
wink.gif

Fingerbang>Do you live near Mr.Ampless by anychance? If you do I will bring the stuff to you. GA-Georgia
confused.gif
So was it R-10's, Kgss+Omega2's anything else?

May 1, 2005 at 3:20 AM Post #62 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by BANGPOD
HenW --

Read my post a couple above this one...
If you want some butt-spanking, that is!

Wow, you have been owned in this thread!
I feel so bad about mocking you. I am sorry!

[size=xx-large]NOT![/size]

BANGPRANKSTER

Tsk, tsk, tsk....bangaboy....what a rook. Don't they teach you anything down thar at Memory? Where's the southern hospitality and manners? You're going to give our neighbors to the north a very bad impression of the south. Now go find some ritalin, grab some soap and get to work. Class dismissed!
wink.gif

May 1, 2005 at 3:27 AM Post #63 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Yeah probably the scorpion sniffed your lovespuds and keeled over...

They like heat??? Nah that was you farting thru your choccy starfish...

I don't have any dark areas in my room cos it its filled with headphone and amps that I beat you to. You still have been served...beeetch
wink.gif

Fingerbang>Do you live near Mr.Ampless by anychance? If you do I will bring the stuff to you. GA-Georgia
confused.gif

GoRedWings --

HAHA! FARTING THROUGH A CHOCHY STARFISH! LOLOLOLOLOL!
And yes, KenW has been served so badly it is statutorily illegal!
Yes, GA is Georgia! I am in the same state as KenW.. It sucks!
wink.gif

You would have to ask KenW about how close he is to Emory...
His profile has that dumb Uncle Sam financial rant all up in it!
confused.gif

I am leaving here on May 12th to go back to Long Island, NY...
So, it might be an audition now might be a little short-lived!
frown.gif

MAYBE A NICE SOURCE AS WELL WHEN I AM BACK IN NY! JK!
biggrin.gif

BANGIHAVEAGREATGPAKENW Quote:

Tsk, tsk, tsk....bangaboy....what a rook. Don't they teach you anything down thar at Memory? Where's the southern hospitality and manners? You're going to give our neighbors to the north a very bad impression of the south. Now go find some ritalin, grab some soap and get to work. Class dismissed!
wink.gif

KenW --

Yes, they taught me how to make Dean's List as a BIO/CHEM double major!
I do not have any "southern hospitality," but I do have myself some manners!
I am from the streets of New York, BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETCH!
Well, so be it! As long as you are a Southerner, the Northerners will reign supreme!
When I graduate Emory, I will not even have to work! YOUR class... DISMISSED!

biggrin.gif
All of the above is in good humor except for the first three lines, which are true!
biggrin.gif

BANGKENWSCRUBBB

P.S. Can somebody make me an avatar that says, "KenW is a school boy BIATCH," please?

May 1, 2005 at 3:35 AM Post #64 of 91
Ah, so bangaboy is a yankee!!! That explains everything. You simply don't know any better. All is forgiven. It's not really you but the culture you grew up in. Society accepts that and overlooks it.

As for living in GA, I do, indeed, live in this, uh....state. Not born and raised here though. Just married into it I suppose. As for that GPA and Memory...you're speaking to an Memory grad! Hahahaha....we attended the same college! Ain't that a swift kick in the lovespuds!!
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Whoa...I'm a chemistry/bio double major, too!! This is too funny! You serious? We're darn near related you and I! Bangaboy is my friend! I LUV HIM...I really, really do.

index_03.gif

May 1, 2005 at 3:43 AM Post #65 of 91
Quote:

Ah, so bangaboy is a yankee!!! That explains everything. You simply don't know any better. All is forgiven. It's not really you but the culture you grew up in. Society accepts that and overlooks it.

As for living in GA, I do, indeed, live in this, uh....state. Not born and raised here though. Just married into it I suppose. As for that GPA and Memory...you're speaking to an Memory grad! Hahahaha....we attended the same college! Ain't that a swift kick in the lovespuds!!
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

KenW --

Well it is ironic that the YANKEES are best (double entendre)!
I am well-aware that you attended EMORY (not "Memory!")...
You actually GRADUATED? I would have never guessed THAT!
We attended the same college, but it is MUCH harder now!
very_evil_smiley.gif

I mention my Dean's List recognitions so that you can drool!
You married into Georgia? Was that cross-cousin? JK, man!

Well, I ACTUALLY HAVE LOVESPUDS (and they are huge)!

BANGPREFECT

May 1, 2005 at 3:49 AM Post #66 of 91
Quote:

Whoa...I'm a chemistry/bio double major, too!! This is too funny! You serious? We're darn near related you and I! Bangaboy is my friend! I LUV HIM...I really, really do.

KenW --

Stop using pathos -- you crafty, malignant, double-crossing fiend!
wink.gif

You are not empathetic, YOU LIAR! This is NOT AT ALL funny! AHHH!
We could be related, given that you are married in Georgia! HAHA!
We are NOT friends! YOU ARE AMPLESS, PINK SAYS THAT I AM NOT!

There is no love here, FIEND! Mephistopheles! Faust! The Fallen! 666!

Whew, I am on a posting frenzy... GoPink, help me out!

BANGPWN

May 1, 2005 at 3:52 AM Post #67 of 91
So what's the story with south american tribes catching bird eating spiders and roasting it's asspod?!?!?

banged....>Long Islands as in Islanders???? When do you get back????

May 1, 2005 at 3:57 AM Post #68 of 91
Quote:

banged....>Long Islands as in Islanders???? When do you get back????

GoRedMan --

Banged... What? No witty addition? Whoa...
biggrin.gif

Long Island as in, yes, the ISLANDERS! HAHA!
Do not worry -- I am a hardcore Red Wings fan!
FEDEROV NATION UNTIL I DIE, MAN! WOOO!
biggrin.gif

I will be at my house on May 12th, 2005...
I was just kiddding about the equipment...
But, I mean, if you insist... Then I must!
biggrin.gif

BANGPEEP

May 1, 2005 at 4:19 AM Post #69 of 91
Tarantulas have their own natural enemies: Tarantula Hawk wasps. The wasp finds tarantula, stings the spider and injects venom, which only causes paralysis, so the wasp can lays its egg on tarantulas. The larvae then feeds on the still living tarantula.

tarantualhawk.jpg

May 2, 2005 at 3:10 AM Post #70 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Permonic
Tarantulas have their own natural enemies: Tarantula Hawk wasps. The wasp finds tarantula, stings the spider and injects venom, which only causes paralysis, so the wasp can lays its egg on tarantulas. The larvae then feeds on the still living tarantula.

tarantualhawk.jpg

Is there no way the tarantula can defend itself given the size difference?

May 2, 2005 at 4:59 AM Post #71 of 91
Quote:

Is there no way the tarantula can defend itself given the size difference?

GoRedWings --

Yes, it is quite difficult for the tarantula to defend itself, given the size difference.
The tarantula's head has a limited range of motion, which hinders the use of it's fangs.
Venom is it's only defense, as the tarantula's fangs cannot cause lethal hemorrhaging.
It is covered in hairs that can sense a prey's size/location from it's logistical vibrations.
So, yes -- the Tarantula Hawk Wasp's mobility and smaller size make it a keen predator.

BANGPAPA

May 2, 2005 at 5:05 AM Post #72 of 91
Quote:

GoRedWings --

Yes, it is quite difficult for the tarantula to defend itself, given the size difference.
The tarantula's head has a limited range of motion, which hinders the use of it's fangs.
Venom is it's only defense, as the tarantula's fangs cannot cause lethal hemorrhaging.
It is covered in hairs that can sense a prey's size/location from it's logistical vibrations.
So, yes -- the Tarantula Hawk Wasp's mobility and smaller size make it a keen predator.

BANGPAPA

banggrunt>Where can I buy these wasps? They are like the ICBM's of spider killing.

Hey how come you know so much about spiders, seeming you hate them as well????

May 2, 2005 at 5:32 AM Post #73 of 91
Quote:

banggrunt>Where can I buy these wasps? They are like the ICBM's of spider killing.

Hey how come you know so much about spiders, seeming you hate them as well????

GoRedWings --

I would advise against buying Tarantula Hawk Wasps, because...

1. They are extremely venomous and potentially aggressive to humans.
2. They reproduce quickly and require abundant resources to maintain.
3. They attack in large groups and tend to evoke allergies in youngsters.
4. They are fifth-world country exotic and it is illegal to import them.

How do I know so much about them? We discussed this previously... Quote:

Bangspuds>Yeah good call on Mr. Ampless. So how come you know so much about spiders seeming you hate them?

Mr. Ampless>You have been served....beeetch

GOPINKSTINK --

"Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer..."

BANGPIMPMENTYOUREQUIPMENT

May 2, 2005 at 5:59 AM Post #74 of 91
Quote:

GoRedWings --

I would advise against buying Tarantula Hawk Wasps, because...

1. They are extremely venomous and potentially aggressive to humans.
2. They reproduce quickly and require abundant resources to maintain.
3. They attack in large groups and tend to evoke allergies in youngsters.
4. They are fifth-world country exotic and it is illegal to import them.

I don't see any problems...

May 2, 2005 at 1:00 PM Post #75 of 91
GONZ...around here (the Great NorthWest), is where spiders really flourish...

Here at the KYTN residence, we like to use those bug zapper racquets...I mod 'em by pulling the drain resistor so they get that little bit higher voltage stored in the cap, and then lovingly stroke the offending intruders....[size=xx-large]zZAP!![/size]

If you want a passive defense, just go to a pool supply house, and get the smallest amount of "Diatomaceous Earth" AKA filter media, you can. Take it home, and spread a little wherever you find the spiders (or for that matter, any chitinously armored insectoid). If they crawl, land, or are touched by/on the stuff, they will die, and it is harmless to humanoids...you can eat the stuff if you need to up your dietary calcium.

Don't put the stuff where it will blow into delicate rotating technothingies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back