Spider Moonlight "STUDIO" Headphones
Jul 27, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #31 of 49
whhuuuut  You would think under Specifications that would be a selling feature on the box
gs1000.gif

Jul 27, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #32 of 49
sounds like some LIGHT is coming to this can,
i dun mind the cable being stiff....is it COPPER? ( as long as it isnt too heavy :p)

recently heard a pair of recabled T5p on copper wires, 
the bass is huge...totally diff from the stock t5p.

Jul 27, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #33 of 49
Quote:
whhuuuut  You would think under Specifications that would be a selling feature on the box
gs1000.gif

No real "Specifications" section on the box (I'll try to get a picture of it later! lol)

Quote:
sounds like some LIGHT is coming to this can,
i dun mind the cable being stiff....is it COPPER? ( as long as it isnt too heavy :p)

recently heard a pair of recabled T5p on copper wires, 
the bass is huge...totally diff from the stock t5p.

This is on the "specifications" of the box:

"Specially engineered and modulated detachable connecting cable made from highly conductive, Kevlar-reinforced, braided oxygen-free copper"

The cable is long, is mega stiff and IT'S HEAVY AS HELL!!! lol
(again, maybe that's also affecting how I perceive sound due to fit with the Huge pads!).
My Denon LA5000 does have a heavy 10 feet cable but man, the Moonlight are definitely worse!

Jul 27, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #34 of 49
10,000 volt powerline copper maybe?
  I have to admit looking at these on build quality alone they look incredible. Not heard much of anything in here besides this thread though.  So are we talking not too much sub bass and generally like the quoted description regardless of fit? Anything similar that is more commonplace they might compare to roughly?

Jul 27, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #35 of 49
u think it sounds like a german maestro? 

Jul 27, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #36 of 49
Quote:
10,000 volt powerline copper maybe?
  I have to admit looking at these on build quality alone they look incredible. Not heard much of anything in here besides this thread though.  So are we talking not too much sub bass and generally like the quoted description regardless of fit? Anything similar that is more commonplace they might compare to roughly?

I mean, to my ears, it really reminds me of the Shure SRH940s... just with even more boosted highs. Sub-bass it's there but it doesn't punch as hard as even the SRHs. Could it be fit issues due to the huge earpads, stiff, heavy cables pulling down, my "well chiselled angular slim modelling face" (hehehehe), or all of the above? Maybe.

Quote:
u think it sounds like a german maestro? 

Haven't heard the Maestro. Sorry.

Aug 8, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #37 of 49
BTW, nick_n, if you are looking for "Monitoring" headphones, take a look at the Yamaha MT220! They are kicking my arse right now, they sound extremely good with the exception of a bit of a boost up top which makes hissing more apparent. The Moonlight wishes they could sound like the Yamaha's! :wink:

Aug 8, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #38 of 49
Aug 8, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #39 of 49
Aug 9, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #40 of 49
Oh, awesome. Thanks for point that out. 
wink.gif

If you decide to mod them someday, i'll be interested to know how much they change sound wise. 

Sep 6, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #41 of 49
Noticed that I never posted any pics... 

Here are a few...

This is how they look in their huge-ass case! LOL

Extreme pads!

The writing saying "Stereo Headphones" look like something out of the 70s!

Dual entry.

Similar motif, both are "Professional Monitors"... Guess which one I like more... .... ....

HAHAHA look at the pad difference in size!!!! Still, find the Yamaha's more comfortable... ... :frowning2:

Oct 3, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #42 of 49
moon rivvvvvver......zzzzz

Oct 3, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #44 of 49
nah...i aint tat brave... or rich yet. :p

is this can a marketing or design disaster...? or is it a runaway success elsewhere, n we missed it all? 

Dec 4, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #45 of 49
The hardware around the cans look an awful lot like the presentation of the FA 003-Ti...

Are the pads removable via twisting off a "pad-plate"?  If so try some HM-5 pads stock to the FA-003.  You should regain all of the lost frequency.

With my Ti headphones the thicker the pad the worse the sound became.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back