specific headphone for jazz
Jan 20, 2013 at 4:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

coconuts

New Head-Fier
Hey Everyone,
I know exactly what type of headphone I'm trying to find, but simply can't find it. I was wondering if anyone could make some recommendations that could help me determine what type headphones I should get.

I am looking for a closed or noise canceling headphone system that is good for mainly jazz but won't torch the few songs of classic/modern rock that I have in my library. I DO NOT listen to rap, hip hop or dubstep so I don't need an over powering bass. I'm, of course, on a budget so I'm looking for headphone for $200 or less. If need be, I may be able to extend that range to $250 or less but nothing more. I would also like to bring these headphones in the car when I go on road trips with my friends but I don't plan to go jogging or even where them outside of a car or my house. I really would prefer not to have to buy an amp for these puppies if it runs me over $200 dollars. I'm a saxophone player and am often looking to hear the saxophone in the band so please take that into consideration as well (mainly meaning I'd like to be able to single out certain sounds in the band). I would prefer the headphones not to drop of the deep end with any specific sound (for ex. great bass but squeaky and annoying high, etc.) Lastly, I would like to wear these puppies for a few hours at a time so please have them be comfortable. I don't like having to stop listening to my music because the headphones are killing my ears.

WOW! now that's quite the rant. If anyone can help make suggestions that fit this description that would be EXTREMELY appreciated. Thanks for all the help!

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #3 of 3
From every review I've read The Ultrasone's just get too uncomfortable too quickly. The sound quality in the s-logic is suppose to be superb, but they simply can't be worn for long periods of time according to most reviews, which is what I want these headphones for. The audio technica's just don't seem to match up to the others from what I hear? So what's left...

AKG K167
AKG K271 MKII
Beyer DT770 PRO 32ohm
Shure SRH840

Any help deciding between these would be great (according to the specifications mentioned in the original post). If anyone else has any other suggestions that would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back