South Florida Spring Meet
Jun 1, 2005 at 3:37 AM Post #226 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
Dinner Saturday night works for me. We have plenty of choices, including the same BBQ place as last time.

I wonder if that girl is still working there. I'll bet she's legal by now!
biggrin.gif
eek.gif
tongue.gif

Jun 1, 2005 at 5:12 AM Post #229 of 265
I wanted to say hi again to you guys and sorry I couldn't make it. Ivy did swoop a couple of things off the tables for your meet, however.
eek.gif

Please get them safe and sound back to me quickly. Mainly because those are the ones that aren't bolted down and I can listen to in the car! I'll just have to settle for my iRiver/Coda/Overture/UE10 in the mean time. Boo hoo.

eggosmile.gif

Jun 1, 2005 at 5:27 AM Post #230 of 265
Sorry, Wayne, but I'm not making this meet. I hope that you all have a great one.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
I'm assuming that Gene and mikeg will bring the Omega II's, R10's, L3000's and the like.

Jun 1, 2005 at 1:57 PM Post #231 of 265
Still don't know exactly what I'm bringing. The CIAudio vhp-1 is scheduled delivery on Friday so hopefully I'll be able to catch up with it before I have to leave. BTW i'm driving down Saturday morning and have a reservation at amerisuites for saturday evening.

I think i'll be bringing my cheapo sony dvd player and the CIAudio only. If anyone wants my MPX3 in attendance just let me know and I'll bring it. The biggest temptation is to bring the computer chair w/ bass shaker as discussed before, so I may see if I can take it apart somehow and fit it in the trunk.

As for cans I'll bring my Grado 225s, which as I foretold months ago, are missing the little black caps on the metal piece that attaches to the headband. Guru watched me pop those off a few times while adjusting the phones and I told him I'd have to end up stealing someone else's at a meet. Keep your grados close!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 1, 2005 at 2:09 PM Post #232 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
I wanted to say hi again to you guys and sorry I couldn't make it. Ivy did swoop a couple of things off the tables for your meet, however.
eek.gif

Please get them safe and sound back to me quickly. Mainly because those are the ones that aren't bolted down and I can listen to in the car! I'll just have to settle for my iRiver/Coda/Overture/UE10 in the mean time. Boo hoo.

eggosmile.gif

Tyl, thanks for the contribution. I will check with Ivy for the shipping info so I know where and when the gear will arrive. I should be able to ship it back to you on Monday.

Psycho, dinner Friday will not be good for me. I have to pick Ray up at the Airport at 6:30pm. After that we are heading to Let There Be Sound. You are welcome to join us. PM me and I will give you directions.

Ray and Guru, FLIGHT INFO PLEASE!
icon10.gif

I am going to release the room I have reserved, unless someone needs it. I doubt it's sold out so it should be no problem to reserve a room. Let me know by tonight.

We have the room from 9am to 6pm. I will be there by 9 to begin setting up. I asked the hotel to place the tables against the wall around the room with about 20 chairs. I will provide lunch at about 12:30.

If there are any questions, let me know.

Matt, since Mikhail is going to be at the meet, we probably won't need the MPX3.

Jun 1, 2005 at 2:11 PM Post #233 of 265
Gear I'll bring over:

- R10
- L3000
- K1000
- HD650 + balanced Blue Dragon
- SA5000
- AT D1000
- Grace m902
- Raptor (Ray's)
- SR71
- EarMax Pro
- Micromega T-Drive transport + T-DAC
- Madrigal CDD Transport
- Madrigal AVP-2 Preamp/DAC/Processor
- Sony D25
- Archos Jukebox 20
- iRiver IHP-120
- ASL UHC Power Amp -> Headphone adapter
- cables, tubes, power strips, etc

Jun 1, 2005 at 2:33 PM Post #236 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime
As for cans I'll bring my Grado 225s, which as I foretold months ago, are missing the little black caps on the metal piece that attaches to the headband. Guru watched me pop those off a few times while adjusting the phones and I told him I'd have to end up stealing someone else's at a meet. Keep your grados close!
very_evil_smiley.gif

There is a more elegant solution that I found. Little metal locks with a screw for tightening. Looks waaay geekier and doesnt come loose ina hurry.

Jun 1, 2005 at 7:55 PM Post #237 of 265
My whole reason for attending this meet is to find the amp that will mate best with the Sony SCD-1 I will be bringing.I'll also be bringing my HD 650's and the Nordost Valkyrja interconnects that Mike sold me.I can also bring my Toshiba SD 9200 DVD-A player if there is interest.I hope to be able to hook up as many amps to the SCD-1 as possible,because I'm ready to buy.Thanks again Mike for the mini audition.Gary.

Jun 1, 2005 at 8:00 PM Post #238 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss2
My whole reason for attending this meet is to find the amp that will mate best with the Sony SCD-1 I will be bringing.I'll also be bringing my HD 650's and the Nordost Valkyrja interconnects that Mike sold me.I can also bring my Toshiba SD 9200 DVD-A player if there is interest.I hope to be able to hook up as many amps to the SCD-1 as possible,because I'm ready to buy.Thanks again Mike for the mini audition.Gary.

You think that is your whole reason for attending. Just wait until you get there and all the cool stuff distracts you until you realize that you now need an amp, source and new cans.
evil_smiley.gif

Seriously, it looks like there will be a great selection of amps for you to try.

Jun 1, 2005 at 8:12 PM Post #239 of 265
It should be amp heaven with Singlepower, Emmeline, and Veda Audio represented, plus some Headroom amps on hand and everything that Gene is bringing!

Jun 1, 2005 at 9:06 PM Post #240 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss2

I'll bring along my FidAudio Quintête Switchbox so you can quickly switch between 3 amps at once. Only good for single ended connections, but that covers most amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back