South Florida Spring Meet
Feb 12, 2005 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 265

tyrion

Can Jam '08 Lead Organizer
[size=large]DATE CHANGED TO JUNE 4
[/size]
The is only an interest check. My wife is going to do a half marathon in NYC on June 4 . The significance of this, besides my wife doing another half marathon, is that I can empty the house of family for Saturday and part of Sunday. I would have some beds open for any out of towners. I spoke to my friend that owns the audio store. I can probably get him to loan me some cool stuff for the meet. Some headphone related and some speaker related. We would also be able to go to the store Sat. night, if there was interest (might be a max of 10) to use his multimedia room with theater seating for 6 and very nice home theater gear and screen. He also has the VPI HRX in there with some very cool Amphion floorstanders.

In terms of the meet, I would be able to set up at least 1 bedroom and our soon to be finished office as quiet rooms with the kitchen, family room and living room, like last year as the main meet area.

Let me know if there is any interest. I figure with the 2 quiet rooms and the main area I can accomodate at least 20. Again, this is only an interest check. The date will have to be firm to take advantage of my family being out of the house.

Feb 13, 2005 at 6:52 PM Post #4 of 265
If this clashes with the NYC Marathon then I wont be able to make it. Hopefully it is after the marathon
frown.gif

http://www.ingnycmarathon.org/entran...lyfor2005.html

Feb 13, 2005 at 6:59 PM Post #5 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
If this clashes with the NYC Marathon then I wont be able to make it. Hopefully it is after the marathon
frown.gif

http://www.ingnycmarathon.org/entran...lyfor2005.html

Do you read my pm's? The New York marathon is 11/05, the meet is 4/10/05. In fact, I will take you to the beach at 6am Saturday morning and we can do a nice 10 miler along A1A.

Feb 13, 2005 at 7:11 PM Post #6 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
Do you read my pm's? The New York marathon is 11/05, the meet is 4/10/05. In fact, I will take you to the beach at 6am Saturday morning and we can do a nice 10 miler along A1A.

Do I read PMs - mostly yes but sometimes I pre-assume information
tongue.gif
NYC Marathon, wife is out of the house, bachelor party
tongue.gif
LOL

So this is awesome!! October is perfect and the weather in FL will be great. I'll be there...

as long as it doesnt clash with the marathon
very_evil_smiley.gif

Ok you can slap me now
rolleyes.gif

Feb 13, 2005 at 7:18 PM Post #7 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
So this is awesome!! October is perfect and the weather in FL will be great. I'll be there...

You are a pain in the a**. Your right the weather is perfect in October, except I will be in Maine in that weekend in October. If you want a meet up there, I will be in Portland.

Now focus, [size=x-large]4/10/05[/size]

Feb 13, 2005 at 8:56 PM Post #9 of 265
Works for me, Mike.

Sat evening in a media room of your audio shop friend sounds like fun too - does he have Animal House or any other clsssic art films?
icon10.gif

I may not haul over all my gear this time, but will try to honor any requests.

Feb 13, 2005 at 9:02 PM Post #10 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
Works for me, Mike.

Sat evening in a media room of your audio shop friend sounds like fun too - does he have Animal House or any other clsssic art films?
icon10.gif

I may not haul over all my gear this time, but will try to honor any requests.

Not necessary to bring what you did last time. I am sure there will a special request for something. I will make sure there is a copy of Animal House available. If there are any requests for movies or concert dvd's let me know. I will make sure they are available.

Feb 13, 2005 at 11:13 PM Post #11 of 265
ill see whta i can do - i hope the snow birds are out of florida by that time so i can slack off work a little bit.

Feb 15, 2005 at 12:15 AM Post #14 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieo
i might happen to be around the corner that weekend. i'll leave the qualias at home. i don't want to upset gsf... & have him smash any more laptops.

I missed this post. It would be great to have you. I will control guru...somehow. Please bring the Qualias.

Come on Florida Headfiers, I know your out there.

Feb 15, 2005 at 12:22 AM Post #15 of 265
I'm in... or at least I'll plan for it and hope nothing comes up in the meantime. But what could be more important than a Florida head-fi meet?

Maybe we can get Ray and Fred to come down from Chicago for this one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back