South Florida Spring Meet
Jun 1, 2005 at 9:54 PM Post #241 of 265
Thanks agile.I only use the single ended of the SCD-1 anyway,so this should be way cool.I'll bring a digital cable as well and see how my player performs with an external DAC(depending on availability).You guys are great,can't wait to meet everyone.Gary.

Jun 1, 2005 at 10:42 PM Post #242 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
I wanted to say hi again to you guys and sorry I couldn't make it. Ivy did swoop a couple of things off the tables for your meet, however.
eek.gif

Please get them safe and sound back to me quickly. Mainly because those are the ones that aren't bolted down and I can listen to in the car! I'll just have to settle for my iRiver/Coda/Overture/UE10 in the mean time. Boo hoo.

eggosmile.gif

Tyll ...

We will toast you and HeadRoom with a <insert your favorite beverage here> or three, and we thank you and Ivy for the gear. Also, many thanks for all you and HeadRoom have done to promote headphone audio over the years. You will be present in spirit.
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2005 at 2:30 PM Post #244 of 265
The gear I'll bring to this meet is given below:

Cans: Sennheiser HD650 with Zu Mobius cable

Amp: Emmeline SR-71

and

Source: Integra DPS 8.3 universal disc player

I have DiMarzio M-Path and Headphile BlackSilver RCA-RCA cables too, which I will bring to the meet.

If anyone is interested, I will bring the Rio Karma, and the Ety ER-4S, but I don't think anyone will be dying to hear them..

That's all the gear that has survived from the last meet..

Jun 2, 2005 at 2:40 PM Post #245 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
Please bring any power strips you think you might need. There are plenty of outlets but with all the gear, there may not be enough.

I will bring Gene's Monster HTS-2500 Power Conditioner that has a few outlets.

My gear list has also dwindled considerably since last time...

Jun 2, 2005 at 2:44 PM Post #246 of 265
* Listen to Raptor
* Qualia out of a few select amps
* Compare sources to make up my mind about which one I want to get to go with the Dynahi SA and SA5000 / Stax amp and SR-404
* Compare a few interconnects that are above the level of the Bogdan Silver Princess

and then a bunch of secondary priorities...

Jun 3, 2005 at 2:49 AM Post #248 of 265
Would you guys kick me out if I just brought the following:

* Stax SR-404
* Swimsuit
* Shower Kit

very_evil_smiley.gif

Seriously...I just looked at all the bags and went "this is NONSENSE"

I decided NOT to bring the following:

* SA5000 - because there are at least 3 more at the meet?
* SA1000 - who cares anyway?
* Grado SR60 - with the SR225/PS1/RS1 etc. in attendance...meh!
* Dynahi SA - There is one example with Tyrion...the one I was planning to bring is now safely with Iron_Dreamer (Peter) of HeadFi. let him have fun over the weekend
wink.gif

* Monster Power conditioner - If anyone STILL wants this - PLEASE tell me. It is a pain in the ass to carry but I will bring it if necessary.
* power cables - I think there will be more than enough. I will bring one just in case
* Interconnects - I dont have any worth waving around..the "Breath of god!" cables are coming
wink.gif
thanks! Blumenco...

So I am travelling light...I hope I still get picked up at the airport...I am probably not worth the time and fuel involved though
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL

Jun 3, 2005 at 3:27 AM Post #249 of 265
Guru, why even bother. See if you can get a refund on the ticket. The meet is not about the people, it's about the gear.
wink.gif

Don't worry, I will be at the airport at 10:45pm on Friday to pick you up and at 5:30am on Sunday morning to drop you off if necessary.

Jun 3, 2005 at 3:39 AM Post #250 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
Guru, why even bother. See if you can get a refund on the ticket. The meet is not about the people, it's about the gear.
wink.gif

lol. Before I saw the smiley I thought you were serious.

Don't worry about it gs. There will be plenty of gear there. Its more important that you make it there. The gear isn't a priority.

Jun 3, 2005 at 1:30 PM Post #252 of 265
Guru ...

No worries re: gear - I have 8 outlet BPC power supply, and two power strips.

Just drag your sorry butt back over here to FL, and the meet will be just fine. As you say, plenty of duplicate stuff already on hand.

But, now you realize what a saint Wayne is for hauling his massive and precious collection to all those meets.

See you all tomorrow - gonna be another great time.

Jun 3, 2005 at 1:42 PM Post #253 of 265
The thing is - I just thought it best to let Iron_Dreamer play with the amp since tyrion has another example with him already...and the redundancy thing made it pointless for me to bring some of the other stuff...

Yeah...Wayne is an angel
wink.gif
Especially when he is working his charm at TGIF
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 3, 2005 at 2:10 PM Post #254 of 265
Last night was something else!!

I was on my way to the gas station to fill up the heap of spare parts that I drive...and to pick up some cash at the ATM. I make a turn under the overpass interstate and the car just died on me! Power steering gone...power brakes gone...travelling at 50mph straight into a pillar supporting the interstate!!
eek.gif

I put all my considerable weight on the steering wheel and managed to miss the pillar but crossed over onto another road....IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION TO THE TRAFFIC!!!
eek.gif
I just turned on the blinkers, headlamps, internal lamps...EVERYTHING and got out of the car onto the shoulder (in case someone rammed the car...and with 50mph traffic...this was a distinct possibility).

I still cannot believe how some of the cars missed me...about 15 harrowing minutes later a cop drove up and said "Get into the car...put it in drive with the key in the ignotion...we will talk later" He stopped the traffic...pushed my car with his (bumper to bumper) until I was pointing the right way again...and then pushed me up the shoulder andout of harms way.

This was late in the night so he came up with a flashlight and all...asked me if I was OK...Drunk? but he saw me fiddling with the fusebox and must have deecided that I was ok. He waited there while I figured out what the problem was (fuel pump fuse was blown) and made some temporary repairs (replaced the fuse with another identical fuse...from the central locking system
rolleyes.gif
)

The car started and the cop left...asking me to drive carefully. So I started driving home and looked back to find the cop following me...when I turned into my apartment complex he came broadside and said - "Good thing it didnt happen to you on the interstate!
eek.gif
"

Now...in a couple of hours I have to drive this thing to Houston (4 hours). I think I will hardwire the fuse lugs for the duration of the journey...cannot...simply cannot risk this happening at 80mph in the middle of the interstate...that would be catastrtophic!!
frown.gif
eek.gif

I will be leavin shortly...Gene and Tyrion - hang onto your cell phones
tongue.gif

LOL

(P.S - this keyboard SUCKS!! I am using my cousin's computer and it is un-typeable
tongue.gif
)

LOL

Jun 3, 2005 at 2:20 PM Post #255 of 265
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Last night was something else!!

I was on my way to the gas station to fill up the heap of spare parts that I drive...and to pick up some cash at the ATM. I make a turn under the overpass interstate and the car just died on me! Power steering gone...power brakes gone...travelling at 50mph straight into a pillar supporting the interstate!!
eek.gif

I put all my considerable weight on the steering wheel and managed to miss the pillar but crossed over onto another road....IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION TO THE TRAFFIC!!!
eek.gif
I just turned on the blinkers, headlamps, internal lamps...EVERYTHING and got out of the car onto the shoulder (in case someone rammed the car...and with 50mph traffic...this was a distinct possibility).

I still cannot believe how some of the cars missed me...about 15 harrowing minutes later a cop drove up and said "Get into the car...put it in drive with the key in the ignotion...we will talk later" He stopped the traffic...pushed my car with his (bumper to bumper) until I was pointing the right way again...and then pushed me up the shoulder andout of harms way.

This was late in the night so he came up with a flashlight and all...asked me if I was OK...Drunk? but he saw me fiddling with the fusebox and must have deecided that I was ok. He waited there while I figured out what the problem was (fuel pump fuse was blown) and made some temporary repairs (replaced the fuse with another identical fuse...from the central locking system
rolleyes.gif
)

The car started and the cop left...asking me to drive carefully. So I started driving home and looked back to find the cop following me...when I turned into my apartment complex he came broadside and said - "Good thing it didnt happen to you on the interstate!
eek.gif
"

Now...in a couple of hours I have to drive this thing to Houston (4 hours). I think I will hardwire the fuse lugs for the duration of the journey...cannot...simply cannot risk this happening at 80mph in the middle of the interstate...that would be catastrtophic!!
frown.gif
eek.gif

Wow, what a crazy experience! If it's any consolation, getting to houston really only takes about 2.5 hours (are you going 290 or 71->10?). Now I wish I was going with you if only to ensure a safe journey.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
The thing is - I just thought it best to let Iron_Dreamer play with the amp since tyrion has another example with him already...

Oh, and playing I am!
basshead.gif
Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back