South Florida Meet Impressions - 12/2/06
Dec 7, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #151 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your Wife is better looking than any of the girls in those pictures Ray.
wink.gif

You are very right, my wife is beautiful thank God for that other wise I would be cheating on her every time I go to Florida or SoCal meets. I am a sucker when it comes to a beautiful women, I fall in love so darn fast, they are like a strong magnet & I am a rusted bolt with young desires & heart that gets pulled so fast toward them.
I also like them very young, thats why my wife is 17 years younger than me. So I am very well set in that matter.
Ray Samuels

Dec 7, 2006 at 6:20 PM Post #152 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also like them very young, thats why my wife is 17 years younger than me.

That would make her, what? About 22 or so?

Dec 7, 2006 at 9:13 PM Post #153 of 213
Whoa...look at the guy on the very end...What is going on with his pinky???

IMG_4780.JPG

Dec 7, 2006 at 10:16 PM Post #155 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
with all due respect, may i remind you that this was a serious headphone meet, not meat, to some of us. can you twisted sickos please stay on topic?

OK, Capt. Serious, we should all follow your lead...
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

IMG_4678.JPG

IMG_0247%20(Large).JPG

E5DD9298.jpg

IMG_4750.JPG

E5DD9312.jpg

Dec 8, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #156 of 213
I spent a very enjoyable Saturday afternoon with some super folks at the meet. The gear that was assembled was incredible. Obviously a lot more time would be needed to begin to really appreciate any, let alone all, of the wonderful stuff that was there. I hope to get my feet a little more wet in the future.

But no time at all was needed to realize what a really great group of people you all are -- as soon I walked into the room I was warmly greeted by boomana and Agile One and a host of others who introduced themselves. I was shown around, offered demos, offered pizza, chicken wings and beer, and made to feel right at home - all within a half-hour of walking in and saying "Hi". You guys are unbelievable. And I never saw people so happy to share their toys -- thanks Tyrion for putting this together and for the tremendous hospitality to a newcomer.

(BTW, I'm the older guy in the green golf shirt seated next to Tyll in a picture at Ray Samuels' table, both of us laughing out loud at something Ray said)

Dec 8, 2006 at 5:26 AM Post #157 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by piano jazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I spent a very enjoyable Saturday afternoon with some super folks at the meet. The gear that was assembled was incredible. Obviously a lot more time would be needed to begin to really appreciate any, let alone all, of the wonderful stuff that was there. I hope to get my feet a little more wet in the future.

But no time at all was needed to realize what a really great group of people you all are -- as soon I walked into the room I was warmly greeted by boomana and Agile One and a host of others who introduced themselves. I was shown around, offered demos, offered pizza, chicken wings and beer, and made to feel right at home - all within a half-hour of walking in and saying "Hi". You guys are unbelievable. And I never saw people so happy to share their toys -- thanks Tyrion for putting this together and for the tremendous hospitality to a newcomer.

(BTW, I'm the older guy in the green golf shirt seated next to Tyll in a picture at Ray Samuels' table, both of us laughing out loud at something Ray said)

Hey Piano Jazz, I enjoyed meeting you but being from out of town myself I thought you were a SoFlo regular! Glad you had fun at what sounds like it was your first Head-Fi meet. I think these get-togethers are an amazing part of what makes Head-Fi special, and you are lucky to live in a very active area where you will have lots of opportunities to attend them.

Post up some impressions because it is always interesting to hear what a newcomers hears. Nobody here bites [size=xx-small][very hard].[/size]

Cheers, Al

Dec 8, 2006 at 1:31 PM Post #158 of 213
Quote:

Definitely remember who you are. It was nice meeting you. I forgot to ask how local you are, but a few of us end up having mini-meets fairly frequently it seems lately. Keep a lookout for threads.

Dec 9, 2006 at 12:21 AM Post #159 of 213
Quote:

It was great meeting you as well. Your first one was definitely a fun one. Actually, all of our meets are a blast. How can it not be with stevieo around.
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2006 at 1:42 AM Post #160 of 213
Quote:

hi piano jazz,

always great to see a new mug at the florida meets. thanks for showing up. a "great group of people" with a few exceptions.
280smile.gif

Dec 9, 2006 at 5:36 AM Post #161 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Piano Jazz, I enjoyed meeting you but being from out of town myself I thought you were a SoFlo regular! Glad you had fun at what sounds like it was your first Head-Fi meet. I think these get-togethers are an amazing part of what makes Head-Fi special, and you are lucky to live in a very active area where you will have lots of opportunities to attend them.

Post up some impressions because it is always interesting to hear what a newcomers hears. Nobody here bites [size=xx-small][very hard].[/size]

Cheers, Al

I enjoyed meeting you, Al, and yes this was my first meet. I didn't realize it at the time, but I can see from this thread that I was one of the few people in the room that had been to bed for more than an hour or two the night before. (though Ray Samuels apparently doesn't require a bed in order to catch a few winks)
rs1smile.gif

Impressions:

I guess you can understand, since there was so much that was new to me, a lot of things kind of ran together where the hardware is concerned. The next meet I go to, I'll be a little better prepared to sort some things out. I will say, though, the AKG-1000's I heard really stopped me in my tracks, they are definitely something I would like to own someday. Among the home amps in my price range I heard there, it would be a hard choice for me between the Ray Samuels HR-2 and the Singlepower Extreme, both offer considerable performance/value from my perspective. The Heed was pretty tempting, as well. In the portable category, I loved the looks and sound of Gene's Larocco PRII. The 1/4" jack, output in the back, great looks, I'd say this one does it for me.

I look forward to seeing you again!

Dec 9, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #162 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely remember who you are. It was nice meeting you. I forgot to ask how local you are, but a few of us end up having mini-meets fairly frequently it seems lately. Keep a lookout for threads.

It was nice meeting you also, boomana. I'm from West Palm, and I will be watching for the next mini-meet.

Dec 9, 2006 at 6:00 AM Post #163 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was great meeting you as well. Your first one was definitely a fun one. Actually, all of our meets are a blast. How can it not be with stevieo around.
biggrin.gif

I hope next time I can check in to the hotel instead of commuting like I did this time. Sure, I got to see a lot of nice audio gear, but it's clear I missed most of the live entertainment.
rolleyes.gif

Dec 9, 2006 at 6:01 AM Post #164 of 213
piano jazz, I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself to you or to any of the newcombers. I was really out of it after driving 20 hours to get there on no sleep, but that's still not much of an excuse!

Dec 9, 2006 at 6:30 AM Post #165 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi piano jazz,

always great to see a new mug at the florida meets. thanks for showing up. a "great group of people" with a few exceptions.
280smile.gif

The pleasure was all mine, stevio. I look forward to next time around and getting to socialize some more. Maybe you could use some help riding herd on some of these crazy kids that just seem to get in trouble everywhere they go.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back