South Florida Meet Impressions - 12/2/06
Dec 9, 2006 at 6:55 AM Post #166 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
piano jazz, I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself to you or to any of the newcombers. I was really out of it after driving 20 hours to get there on no sleep, but that's still not much of an excuse!

Dude, relax. You actually did extend yourself to me, very generously showed me travel photos on your laptop for about 10 or 15 minutes. I'm the one who should probably apologize -- I was just not aware you were semi-conscious at the time, or I'd have gently removed the Mac from your hands and found someplace for you to lie down.
blink.gif

Seriously, thanks for your concern, Wayne. You and all the old-timers were more than hospitable -- I know I sure felt a warm welcome.

Dec 10, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #168 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It looks like jp# finally got an avatar...somehow fitting...I like it...though it does sound a bit painful.

John, how was your date with the Wadia?

oooh, I like the avi too.

What? The numb one is seeing another cdp? Does the Ayre know about this, or will there be trouble at home?

Dec 10, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #169 of 213
i cannot believe i didnn't know about this.
frown.gif
where was it posted?

Dec 10, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #170 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What? The numb one is seeing another cdp? Does the Ayre know about this, or will there be trouble at home?

I think he decided to keep it in the family and move up the Ayre C-5xe.

Dec 10, 2006 at 8:51 PM Post #171 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by angelhair /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i cannot believe i didnn't know about this.
frown.gif
where was it posted?

Right here. Only 43 pages worth.
tongue.gif

Remember to keep your eye on the Meetings, Parties, Get Togethers Board for upcoming meets. Looks like there was some talk about a Southeast meet, but I'm not sure where that stands.

Dec 10, 2006 at 9:13 PM Post #172 of 213
Quote:

It looks like jp# finally got an avatar...somehow fitting...I like it...though it does sound a bit painful.

John, how was your date with the Wadia?

I was stood up the owner was shipping to to his brother in Macedonia and needed to get it to the shipper
frown.gif

Dec 10, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #173 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was stood up the owner was shipping to to his brother in Macedonia and needed to get it to the shipper
frown.gif

Stood up again.
icon10.gif
I'm listening to the Pablo Live right now. Good stuff.

Dec 10, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #174 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think he decided to keep it in the family and move up the Ayre C-5xe.

I think I am going with the ayre's big brother the 5xe and keeping the 7xe for the bedroom rig. so no trouble at home. I really like the Wadia 302 but would have liked to hear it in my home, plus the Ayre will allow me to play music DVDs, it's kind of weird but it will play things like the audio section of a music dvd but has no vid out so no picture which is fine by me as the internal vid board has a negative ionfluence on the sound anyway.

Dec 11, 2006 at 4:21 AM Post #175 of 213
Quote:

I think I am going with the ayre's big brother the 5xe and keeping the 7xe for the bedroom rig. so no trouble at home. I really like the Wadia 302 but would have liked to hear it in my home, plus the Ayre will allow me to play music DVDs, it's kind of weird but it will play things like the audio section of a music dvd but has no vid out so no picture which is fine by me as the internal vid board has a negative ionfluence on the sound anyway.

people do not drink and audiogon never never never!!

I just picked up a Wadia 302 at a killer price
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

so the Ayre 5 is on hold until I decide between the Ayre and Wadia

Dec 11, 2006 at 4:44 AM Post #176 of 213
Quote:

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

OMG, the man is drunk now, but I'm not sure on what. Congrats!!! I want to hear it with my new Extreme.

Dec 11, 2006 at 5:17 AM Post #177 of 213
Luckily he was drunk enough to buy his registration for the Int'l Meet today too! WooHoo! Party on the left coast! Sorry it doesn't come at a great time of year for you Vicki, but I say you should go fot it if we can find you a cheap ticket on the Thursday redeye. You take Friday off (call in sick or whatever) and return sunday night. It'll be a snap, and so worth it!

Oh yeah, and let's hear about this Wadia as soon as possible. I have to figure out my digital source one of these days.

Dec 11, 2006 at 11:43 AM Post #178 of 213
Quote:

OMG, the man is drunk now, but I'm not sure on what. Congrats!!! I want to hear it with my new Extreme.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Luckily he was drunk enough to buy his registration for the Int'l Meet today too! WooHoo! Party on the left coast! Sorry it doesn't come at a great time of year for you Vicki, but I say you should go fot it if we can find you a cheap ticket on the Thursday redeye. You take Friday off (call in sick or whatever) and return sunday night. It'll be a snap, and so worth it!

Oh yeah, and let's hear about this Wadia as soon as possible. I have to figure out my digital source one of these days.

Well ok I wasn't really drunk on beer but I was drunk with source fever. Vicki let me know when you get the Extreme and we can check it out with the Wadia.
X2 on Al's suggestion about the National, PS where are all the SoFlo attendies pay up you cheapos and register for the national

Dec 11, 2006 at 11:52 AM Post #179 of 213
Quote:

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I call the Wadia when you get the 5xe.
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2006 at 2:38 PM Post #180 of 213
Quote:

<snip> ... I just picked up a Wadia 302 at a killer price ... <snip>

About time someone from SoFL bellied up and got a Wadia.

Can't wait to see and hear, John. You and Vicki need to jump in a car with the 302 and Extreme in Jan, and head over here for a road trip. Since he's probably reading this, might as well swoop by and pick up tire iron and a piece or two of his stash, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back