South East Michigan meet?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #106 of 179
Any updates on the meet? Date? Location?

Sep 4, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #107 of 179
Any updates on the meet? Date? Location?

I don’t know if you saw my last post, apparently something happened and my scheduled place fell through. I asked people for ideas/suggestions but no response yet. I’m actively looking for another place.

Sep 5, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #108 of 179
I’m free on 9/22 but not 9/29. We could even rent a few study rooms at a local library if there isn’t a massive turnout for free instead of a meeting room. Please advise once we find out options and maybe we can vote on date, time, and location. I’m very interested!

Sep 10, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #109 of 179
does anyone know anything about the AES presentation next week at Harman? Sean Olive is supposed to be there but I haven't seen any details.

Sep 10, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #110 of 179
does anyone know anything about the AES presentation next week at Harman? Sean Olive is supposed to be there but I haven't seen any details.
I see in your signature you have N90Q. I would like to hear your thoughts on it. I have been thinking of picking up a pair for work. To shut out all the background noise. How is it for music and movies?

Sep 10, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #111 of 179
its probably best you hear it for yourself. I will bring it with me to the meet so that will be a good time. it has very impactful bass, and the treble is quite good. in a perfect world it would be a bit lighter and maybe some energy in the 6k region brought down a bit (but I'm not positive on that). I'm not sure how noisy your office is (I end up using my K872s as they block out enough without ANC)

Sep 11, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #112 of 179
Sounds good. Hoping we get a date and location for the meet soon.

Sep 12, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #113 of 179
Sounds good. Hoping we get a date and location for the meet soon.

Yes, I'm hoping for an update on the time and place of this next meet too. I've been waiting for the word. It would be my first SE Michigan meet.

Sep 12, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #114 of 179
Guys...I have looked up/contacted several community centers and meeting facilities. All places are at least a $30-$50 (sometimes $100) an hour rental fee. Many communities require the renter to be a resident. I cannot find another free place to host the meet at this time.

I'm calling upon your guys to help me out. Anybody have a meeting room, space, warehouse, etc., at their work that we can use? Our very first meet was at someone's work place and it was great.

Or any other ideas that you may have?

:triportsad:Thanks, John

Sep 16, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #115 of 179
John,
I'm not really sure. My mother has a clubhouse where she lives near Mt. Clemens. But it's not free. I'm not really sure what to do.

Sep 18, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #116 of 179
John,
I'm not really sure. My mother has a clubhouse where she lives near Mt. Clemens. But it's not free. I'm not really sure what to do.

I gave up for a second but I’m on the search again. We will have a meet if we have to have it outside. Lol.

Sep 19, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #117 of 179
I'm really hoping you guys can make this happen. Appreciate all the effort. Looking to pickup a new dap, any suggestions from fellow Michigan Head-Fiers?

Oct 1, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #118 of 179
I just popped in to see what was going on because I figured this would be close, I also turn my notifications off from the website otherwise I get spammed constantly so I have to remember to check on this from time to time. It stinks about Paulsons and that we couldn't find a venue. I wonder what happened.

As for a place to suggest, I got nothing at the moment..sorry. I'm definitely down to do that at some point though and may even be willing to pitch in a few bucks to help out with a venue if it comes to that.

Oct 4, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #119 of 179
FINALLY!!!

Alright guys....I got in touch with Dan Paulson the other day. The meet is going to be Saturday November 3, 2018 from 10:00-3:00. This is the best date for the store and for Dan since they will be in the process of getting ready for the holiday shopping season. Yes, the Michigan-Penn State game is this date, but I'm hoping it'll be a 3:30 kickoff so it won't interfere!

Paulson's Audio and Video
37670 West 12 Mile Road
Farmington Hills, MI 48331

I just wanted to let you guys know to plan on coming. Paulson's will provide pizza and pop and try to get a vendor or two to attend as well.

More details to come, but this is the final date. I will set up a sign up list tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for maintaining your interest! Hope to see everybody there!

*****Personal plug: I'm selling a Hifiman Edition X V1 in near mint condition for $600!*****

Thanks!

John

Oct 4, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #120 of 179
Unfortunately I cannot make it. That day is an UofM home game against PSU.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back