• Chord Electronics DAVE
  • Chord Electronics Hugo2
  • FiiO Q5 (with AM3B Amp Module)
  • iFi PRO iCAN
  • iFi xDSD
  • iFi micro iDSD Black Label
  • STAX SRM-007tII
  • STAX SRM-D10
NOTE: We usually homepage-feature local meet notices a little while before the dates, but the limited space with this one (and the number of people who signed up relative to the stated maximum number) kept us from doing that with this one. If there were any cancellations and/or you want to add a few more people, let us know and we can feature it.

And that's just the list of the door prizes! AL

Jun 3, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #64 of 179
Just a longshot here but if anyone is interested in buying my Xbox One X let me know and I'll bring it along. I'm asking $500 for it and the games.

Attachments

• 20180526_104931.jpg
    20180526_104931.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Jun 3, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #65 of 179
PROBLEM!! My laptop is crapping out on me this morning. It's less than a year old and I think the HD is failing. It slow as molasses and sits at damn near 100% disk usage.
Looks like I'll need to pack up my desktop and monitor. Will there be enough room? It's a small m-itx case btw. Still bigger than laptop, though

Edit: Not sure what happened but it seems better now. Gonna bring the backup laptop. That one is doing awesome Windows updates at the moment.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #68 of 179
Although @JEspina456 and I had to leave early, I wanted to thank our host and @givemetacos for putting this together. The location was neat, the company fantastic and the headphone selection second to none.

We are already discussing a late summer meet and hope everyone can make it!

Jun 3, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #72 of 179
Thank you @givemetacos for arranging everything together for this event! It was great to see everyone and to discuss headphones in an environment where we can point out specific details about certain pairs and try them on here and now. I really enjoyed the comparison stations of the Stax series, the Lyr2/3, and the HD800, HD800S, and HD820. Thanks @jude for explaining to us some of the behind the scenes of headphone measurements and helping me realize that I have much to learn - especially with some of the new things that are under development in the headphone world. I had a blast trying everything out (especially that susvara :beyersmile:) and I look forward to the fall meet!

Jun 3, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #73 of 179
As always a good time. Got to see some familiar faces and also a few new ones. Great selection of gear! Thanks for @givemetacos for setting it up. A big thanks to Jeff(sorry I forgot your head-fi name)for the use of his sweet basement tiki bar. And of course @jude for bringing a plethora of goods to demo. Also the knowledge about Head-Fi and headphone gear.

The winner of the meet IMO was the Final Audio D8000. It sounded great out of everything I powered it from. Beside the price my only other gripe is the weight. Definitely on the list of things to dream about. Lol

Jun 3, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #74 of 179
Jun 4, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #75 of 179
Thanks everyone for coming! It was a lot of fun, heard some cool cans, made a wishlist longer than my wallet can sustain, and also heard some surprises.

My big takeaways:
I can't afford my wife's taste in headphones.
Chinese IEMs are pretty amazing, especially for the pricepoint.
I really need to get some Stax.
And, you guys are an awesome group of people.

Eva and I agreed that we would be happy to host again if there's the need. Hope to see you all soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back