South East Michigan meet?
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #47 of 179
Super late to this event....I'll be able to attend. I'll bring a few headphones and a laptop since it looks like it may be crowded. Original post said that the Tiki Bar holds 20? I'm number 25. See you guys Sunday.

John

May 30, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #48 of 179
Will there be WiFi?

I assume so, but I'll double check with the host.

Super late to this event....I'll be able to attend. I'll bring a few headphones and a laptop since it looks like it may be crowded. Original post said that the Tiki Bar holds 20? I'm number 25. See you guys Sunday.

John

Great, glad you can make it! Bring as much gear as you want, we should have space. The google doc number is a bit misleading because I used the first few rows for information about the event. I'm the first signed up participant and that starts on row 7. Since you are row 25 that makes you the 19th person as of now. So don't sweat it, I believe there will be room for everyone. I'm pleasantly surprised this event will work for so many people, hah I thought it was just going to be like 5 people.

That said, since numbers are starting to get closer to capacity, if anyone else sees this post and still wants to come, I would appreciate if you please try and contact me first before signing up just so I can be sure we will have space.

Here's some photos of the little tiki bar space that this will be at:
79897x585be6e7.jpg

79897x585be6e4.jpg

19225676_115986225667966_2847567836598942569_n.jpg

21167731_143220632944525_4947073901506476527_o.jpg

May 31, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #49 of 179
I assume so, but I'll double check with the host.

Great, glad you can make it! Bring as much gear as you want, we should have space. The google doc number is a bit misleading because I used the first few rows for information about the event. I'm the first signed up participant and that starts on row 7. Since you are row 25 that makes you the 19th person as of now. So don't sweat it, I believe there will be room for everyone.

We've had cocktail parties down in the bar with around 50 people, but that gets a bit crowded. I'm sure we will be fine with 25 or so though. Good news - we've replaced the pool table with a vintage booth, so more seating.

We have WiFi, we have power, and we have the coolest tiki bar in Commerce Township. I'll have some soda, ice, water, cups, and maybe a few light snacks. We can order pizza or whatever if people get hungry.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

May 31, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #50 of 179
Awesome, it will be great to meet both you and Brian. For gear, if you are taking suggestions I know I am personally most interested in some of the higher end newer stuff that released in the last 6 months or so like Sundara, Susvara, HD660S, Clear, Voce, Audio Technica ADX5000, Elex, Klipsch HP-3, and anything Abyss. Also, if you guys still have a Mobius on hand I am curious about it (even though I already joined the campaign). Other than that I am also interested in any good tube amps.

I second the motion on the Audio Technica ADX5000 and Focal Elex & Clear and would like to add the Ether C Flow. AL

Jun 2, 2018 at 7:00 AM Post #53 of 179
This is what @AxelCloris and I will be bringing:

Headphones:
  • Sennheiser HD820
  • Sennheiser HD800
  • Sennheiser HD800S
  • Abyss Diana
  • Abyss AB-1266 Phi
  • Audeze LCD-4Z
  • HiFiMAN SUSVARA
  • HiFiMAN SUNDARA
  • MrSpeakers ETHER C FLOW
  • final D8000
  • Ultrasone Edition 15
  • STAX SR-009S
  • STAX SR-009
  • STAX SR-007 Mk1
  • STAX SR-007 Mk2
  • Sony MDR-Z1R
  • Focal Utopia
  • Focal Clear
  • Audio-Technica ATH-ADX5000
  • PSB M4U 8
  • NAD VISO HP70
DACs, Amps:
  • Chord Electronics DAVE
  • Chord Electronics Hugo2
  • FiiO Q5 (with AM3B Amp Module)
  • iFi PRO iCAN
  • iFi xDSD
  • iFi micro iDSD Black Label
  • STAX SRM-007tII
  • STAX SRM-D10
NOTE: We usually homepage-feature local meet notices a little while before the dates, but the limited space with this one (and the number of people who signed up relative to the stated maximum number) kept us from doing that with this one. If there were any cancellations and/or you want to add a few more people, let us know and we can feature it.

Jun 2, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #54 of 179

Headphones:
  • Sennheiser HD820
  • Sennheiser HD800
  • Sennheiser HD800S
  • Abyss Diana
  • Abyss AB-1266 Phi
  • Audeze LCD-4Z
  • HiFiMAN SUSVARA
  • HiFiMAN SUNDARA
  • final D8000
  • Ultrasone Edition 15
  • STAX SR-009S
  • STAX SR-009
  • STAX SR-007 Mk1
  • STAX SR-007 Mk2
  • Sony MDR-Z1R
  • Focal Utopia
  • Focal Clear
  • PSB M4U 8
  • NAD VISO HP70
DACs, Amps:
  • Chord Electronics DAVE
  • iFi PRO iCAN
  • iFi xDSD
  • STAX SRM-007tII
  • STAX SRM-D10
NOTE: We usually homepage-feature local meet notices a little while before the dates, but the limited space with this one (and the number of people who signed up relative to the stated maximum number) kept us from doing that with this one. If there were any cancellations and/or you want to add a few more people, let us know and we can feature it.

So nothing good, is what you’re saying. :wink:

Dang, wish I could make it out - sounds like you guys are gonna have fun.

Jun 2, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #55 of 179

Headphones:
  • Sennheiser HD820
  • Sennheiser HD800
  • Sennheiser HD800S
  • Abyss Diana
  • Abyss AB-1266 Phi
  • Audeze LCD-4Z
  • HiFiMAN SUSVARA
  • HiFiMAN SUNDARA
  • final D8000
  • Ultrasone Edition 15
  • STAX SR-009S
  • STAX SR-009
  • STAX SR-007 Mk1
  • STAX SR-007 Mk2
  • Sony MDR-Z1R
  • Focal Utopia
  • Focal Clear
  • PSB M4U 8
  • NAD VISO HP70
DACs, Amps:
  • Chord Electronics DAVE
  • iFi PRO iCAN
  • iFi xDSD
  • STAX SRM-007tII
  • STAX SRM-D10

Wow, that is an impressive list. I don't even know what to say, I'm floored at your generosity to share all that gear with us. And don't worry about not featuring this meet, this was honestly not even meant to be an official Heaf-fi meet. It seemed like the past organizers weren't sure of how much interest people had in getting together so I just thought I would go out and see what I can do on my own gathering people and I have been really surprised how many locals there are that have been wanting to get together. It should be a great time with enthusiasts that are coming from many different headphone forum communities and hopefully it will build some connections and create a foundation for future meets.

I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow. I feel like a great part of this hobby that isn't always emphasized is just meeting new people, sharing experiences, and sharing gear. Anyways, I'll be at the event a bit early setting stuff up. I'm a shorter Asian guy in case you are looking out for me. I'll try and make sure to introduce myself to everyone. Also, for those that are interested in food, just bring some bucks and once we all get settled we can see who wants to chip in to get some pizzas delivered. I know our host will have some snacks/drinks but it would be great too if others could bring stuff for sharing. See you all tomorrow!

Jun 2, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #57 of 179
Is anyone bringing A&K daps or a dx200? I’m on the market for a good DAP

We can bring:
  • FiiO X7 Mk2
  • FiiO M7
  • iBasso DX150 (we don't have a DX200)
  • Astell&Kern A&Ultimate SP1000
  • Astell&Kern KANN
  • Sony NW-WM1Z
  • Sony NW-ZX300

Jun 2, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #60 of 179

Headphones:
  • Sennheiser HD820
  • Sennheiser HD800
  • Sennheiser HD800S
  • Abyss Diana
  • Abyss AB-1266 Phi
  • Audeze LCD-4Z
  • HiFiMAN SUSVARA
  • HiFiMAN SUNDARA
  • final D8000
  • Ultrasone Edition 15
  • STAX SR-009S
  • STAX SR-009
  • STAX SR-007 Mk1
  • STAX SR-007 Mk2
  • Sony MDR-Z1R
  • Focal Utopia
  • Focal Clear
  • PSB M4U 8
  • NAD VISO HP70
DACs, Amps:
  • Chord Electronics DAVE
  • iFi PRO iCAN
  • iFi xDSD
  • STAX SRM-007tII
  • STAX SRM-D10

When Jude comes to a meet nobody else has to bring anything. AL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back