SoundMAGIC PL30 impressions
Sep 23, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #76 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, these phones, when amped via LOD, are equal to X10s, SA6s, etc. I don't use LOD because none of my DAPs have one (except the ZVM, which I am selling). I am getting an iPod Touch (v2) soon, but again, I have no line out cable for it (not yet). Nevertheless, I will pay $20 to see if this is true, once someone reports back that the "PL30s" at that price point are real.

Also, they dropped the price of the PL30s to $39 from $42. Strange price drop. Equal to $350 and $250 MSRP phones (scratches head). Anyone else feel that way yet?

crap, stop convinicng to fork out even more cash!
duggehsmile.png

So, according to your opinion of these, without using a LOD, what "price-range" are these comparable to?
*Mmm...wonders if this could be FOTM....* I'm skeptical but won't be surprised if it isn't FOTM either as the Chinese have the sub $200 earphone market nailed shut.

Sep 23, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #77 of 327
I check for my package everyday, but it has only been a week since I ordered from FocalPrice.com. If I'm lucky they may arrive by the end of the week.

Sep 23, 2008 at 2:53 AM Post #78 of 327
I whent through the same thing. LOL. Every day I waited for the mail man and he said no package. It took a full 14 days after they were shipped to get here from CHINA.

Sep 23, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #79 of 327
Well here goes. In 4-5 days the nobes that ajust the bass are gone. I mean they seemed to have just fell out? I e-mailed the seller and he wants me to send them to him for a replacement but I said no way. The pl-30 still sound fantastic. If you turn the pl-30 around and put the holes to your ears you can hear the music but only if you put the holes very near the ears. Maby this will improve the sound stage. LOL. I feel the pl-30 are very porely made in the nob department. Other than that the pl-30 sound great and lots better than many other iem.

Sep 23, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #80 of 327
I put the pl-30 in my ears and they seem to be louder and fuller???????
Then I put my fingers on the holes and the pl-30 gets lower and sound stage goes away to the middle of my head. I been doing this for about 10 times now and the volume get louder every time and the sound stage exspans big time. Some brave sould take off the bass buttons and be amazed at what you hear. I call this moded be fate and a great mode to boot. I mean fate can do what we can't. LOL.

Sep 23, 2008 at 4:07 AM Post #82 of 327
I have been listening to my music like never before. I would like to add that the bass is a lot more powerfull and present. This is just beyound words and explation. The bass is so very there but the highs and mids are also improved. Please somebody take off those buttons.

Sep 23, 2008 at 6:01 AM Post #83 of 327
I just received this e-mail from great-sounds.

Dear Louis,

I am really sorry about the defects found on the PL30.
I can trust you that you will send me back those broken PL30 after you got those brand new PL30, I will send you those by tomorrow but can you promise me that you can send me back those broken pair? Since I have to report this to my boss...

I know that this is not my fault but we sell that, so we are responsible for that. So, we will send you an extra pair of PL12 for our aploogize. We are now promoting on this model, maybe you can have a try on these too!

In fact that is the first time that i got the report of poor craftmenship of SoundMagic product and I will make some feedback to SoundMagic also.

Thanks for your opinion, this will improve us for doing better.

Best Regards,
Kelvin Chan
Webmaster
Great-Sounds.com

I said don't send a new pl-30. The pl-30 without the buttons sounds much much better than with them. I would like the pl-12 if you care to send it though.

Sep 23, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #84 of 327
Let the PL30 mods begin!

Sep 23, 2008 at 6:47 AM Post #86 of 327
You could just try the 20.00 pl-30 if its real. We will know in about a week when members start to get them. They really wont know if they are real without the 42.00 one though but if the 20.00 one sounds fantastic who would really care. LOL. OH don't forget to take the bass buttons off.

Sep 23, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #88 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received this e-mail from great-sounds.

Dear Louis,

I am really sorry about the defects found on the PL30.
I can trust you that you will send me back those broken PL30 after you got those brand new PL30, I will send you those by tomorrow but can you promise me that you can send me back those broken pair? Since I have to report this to my boss...

I know that this is not my fault but we sell that, so we are responsible for that. So, we will send you an extra pair of PL12 for our aploogize. We are now promoting on this model, maybe you can have a try on these too!

In fact that is the first time that i got the report of poor craftmenship of SoundMagic product and I will make some feedback to SoundMagic also.

Thanks for your opinion, this will improve us for doing better.

Best Regards,
Kelvin Chan
Webmaster
Great-Sounds.com

I said don't send a new pl-30. The pl-30 without the buttons sounds much much better than with them. I would like the pl-12 if you care to send it though.

!!!
That means they will send u another pair of PL12?
That's great.......

Sep 23, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #89 of 327
I just got an e-mail from great-sounds and they said it would cost me 10.00 shipping to get the pl-12 so I said no thanks.

Sep 23, 2008 at 3:19 PM Post #90 of 327
oh....
That's pity!
why don't you have a try on that?

I am quite interested on those SoundMagic products.....
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back