Soundmagic PL30 from ebay. OPINIONS! ADVICE! Anything!
Apr 6, 2010 at 4:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

deanmc

New Head-Fier
I posted another thread here a few days ago, and after reading that and a bunch of IEM reviews, I have decided to get the Soundmagic PL30 as my FIRST EARPHONE after my stock phones (from nokia xpressmusic ones
jecklinsmile.gif
)

I live in Sri Lanka and here I could only find the senn cx300 for a whopping $100 and the only next best thing to that is the sony MDR-EX33 (from the OFFICIAL SONY AGENTS here in Sri Lanka.
mad.gif
mad.gif
) And so I have to find online sellers who ships to SL. The thing is, I have found 2 ebay sellers and since this is going to be my first Online purchase, I'm a bit nervous
confused_face.gif

Can any 1 of you guys simply look at these 2 offers and see whether they seem reliable or not? If this sounds like a completely noooooooby question (I'm sure for most of you it will) please forgive me. I have never done an online purchase before, so i have absolute zero experience in it.

here are the links.

1. SoundMagic Sound Magic PL30 in-ear Earphones Black - eBay (item 280483645530 end time Apr-23-10 05:14:13 PDT)

A) Soundmagic PL30 In-Ear Sound Isolating Earphones - eBay (item 130380201004 end time Apr-09-10 16:59:04 PDT)

B)Soundmagic PL30 In-Ear Sound Isolating Earphones - eBay (item 140396986023 end time Apr-09-10 15:52:18 PDT)

Links A and B are the same product from the same merchant with TWO different addresses. The currency is also different.

Now I did try focalprice.com and some other places, but I'm afraid of them being fake and all. I also tried amazon and there are only the grey phones there (looks ugly).

Considering the price, these 2 ebay guys seems okay to me, but better get some proper views from the pros. I also read some customer feedback from these guys and all of em seems quite good.

I also found a bunch of pl30s from ebay and when I read the "Item Location" it says HONGKONG!!!! Even the price was very low, and in customer feedback some have even written that those were fakes.

confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Which seller would you guys recommend?
confused.gif
confused.gif

Apr 6, 2010 at 4:07 AM Post #2 of 16
eh I've seen sellers put down different locations probably to increase the amount of people that see that item.

soundmagic is a chinese brand so everyone is getting it from there. Mine came from hong kong and took 2 weeks and I'm pretty impressed considering they were under 20. I don't know about fakes but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if there were. I would just buy it off focalprice.com and google for coupons to get it cheaper if you were not in a rush to get them. It would go just under 20 if the coupon works

Apr 6, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #3 of 16
WOW. Only 4 minutess after writing the post!!!! AND A REPLY!!! Thanks.

SONDMAGIC IS CHINESE????? REALLY??? But I thought most Chinese are not that good in quality, since they use poor resources to reduce the price!

They do beat the Senn CX300 senseless rite?

And also, Does them being fakes makes a big difference in sound quality?

Apr 6, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #4 of 16
That would be incorrect. Anything beats CX300 really. I've had it and enjoyed it when I did have it but it sucks. It bleeds bass everywhere and all you get it bass.

Sound Magic has had a pretty good reputation here offering low prices and good quality at their prices. The PL30 is the iem that got their name around here. The PL50 gets pretty good reviews about being really good for the price but I have never heard it so I can't make any comments regarding it's sound. I really like the PL30's at 17 bucks although the wait for just under 2 weeks wasn't bad coming from Hong Kong to New York. My initial impressions of them are pretty impressive although they can't really compare to my other earphones but it;'s a completely different price range.

I really would just go for focalprice.com and wait if you don't mind. If you can't wait the price goes up since other merchants give you a nice markup if it is not being shipped from hong kong.

Apr 6, 2010 at 6:58 AM Post #6 of 16
Lambayrules is definitely a legit retailer. But focalprice is cheaper and just as legit. There are no known fakes of soundmagic products.

Apr 6, 2010 at 7:47 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lambayrules is definitely a legit retailer. But focalprice is cheaper and just as legit. There are no known fakes of soundmagic products.

+1
i suggest to order @ focalprice. Its cheaper but shipping might take awhile 3-4 weeks.

Apr 6, 2010 at 10:28 AM Post #8 of 16
I read a bunch of reviews about focalprice.com and almost all of them weren't happy customers! and waiting 3-4 weeks is a bit TOO MUCH! Isn't ebay any faster than focalprice?

Apr 6, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by deanmc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read a bunch of reviews about focalprice.com and almost all of them weren't happy customers! and waiting 3-4 weeks is a bit TOO MUCH! Isn't ebay any faster than focalprice?

anything that comes from china (my experience) usually takes 3-4 weeks to North America.

Apr 6, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #11 of 16
maybe its cuz ur in canada? Typically it's like 10 days or so after it gets shipped that I get the product. However many times they don't ship it right away and wait a couple days before it actually gets shipped.

Apr 6, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
maybe its cuz ur in canada? Typically it's like 10 days or so after it gets shipped that I get the product. However many times they don't ship it right away and wait a couple days before it actually gets shipped.

I'm in Canada and it usually takes about 14 days or so for the item to arrive after it leaves China for me typically..The longest I've ever waited as been 17 days but that was over the Christmas Holiday Season so I expected delays..

May 26, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #15 of 16

Quote:
I posted another thread here a few days ago, and after reading that and a bunch of IEM reviews, I have decided to get the Soundmagic PL30 as my FIRST EARPHONE after my stock phones (from nokia xpressmusic ones
jecklinsmile.gif
)

I live in Sri Lanka and here I could only find the senn cx300 for a whopping $100 and the only next best thing to that is the sony MDR-EX33 (from the OFFICIAL SONY AGENTS here in Sri Lanka.
mad.gif
mad.gif
) And so I have to find online sellers who ships to SL. The thing is, I have found 2 ebay sellers and since this is going to be my first Online purchase, I'm a bit nervous
confused_face.gif

Can any 1 of you guys simply look at these 2 offers and see whether they seem reliable or not? If this sounds like a completely noooooooby question (I'm sure for most of you it will) please forgive me. I have never done an online purchase before, so i have absolute zero experience in it.

here are the links.

1. SoundMagic Sound Magic PL30 in-ear Earphones Black - eBay (item 280483645530 end time Apr-23-10 05:14:13 PDT)

A) Soundmagic PL30 In-Ear Sound Isolating Earphones - eBay (item 130380201004 end time Apr-09-10 16:59:04 PDT)

B)Soundmagic PL30 In-Ear Sound Isolating Earphones - eBay (item 140396986023 end time Apr-09-10 15:52:18 PDT)

Links A and B are the same product from the same merchant with TWO different addresses. The currency is also different.

Now I did try focalprice.com and some other places, but I'm afraid of them being fake and all. I also tried amazon and there are only the grey phones there (looks ugly).

Considering the price, these 2 ebay guys seems okay to me, but better get some proper views from the pros. I also read some customer feedback from these guys and all of em seems quite good.

I also found a bunch of pl30s from ebay and when I read the "Item Location" it says HONGKONG!!!! Even the price was very low, and in customer feedback some have even written that those were fakes.

confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Which seller would you guys recommend?
confused.gif
confused.gif

Hi Deanmc

I just wanted to answer a few questions that you raised in this post.

I am an online seller based in Dublin, Ireland . From here I sell Soundmagic products to Irish and European customers through my website and eBay. To accommodate my UK customers, I have set up a warehouse / distribution centre in Convoy, Co Donegal.  From there I am a few miles from the Royal mail’s sorting centre in Strabane Co Tryone ,UK . From here I can offer my customers in the UK RM 1st class sign for service. Basically I am taking advantage of our (Rep Ireland) geographic position, with our close proximity to the UK. Previously I was only able to provide an Irish service to the UK, for various reasons, which I won’t get into now, I felt it was not the most efficient service for my customers in the UK. (I am now migrating all my stock to this warehouse)

The listing with the Strabane location was only an experiment to see if it helped my UK customers with an offer of ‘RM sign for service’ from a UK location, as opposed to a ROI address. Technically my orders are dispatched from Strabane, but clearly it has caused a bit of confusion.

One last point - I am the official distributor of Soundmagic products in Ireland and the only UK eBay seller to source Soundmagic products directly from Soundmagic themselves. This can be verified on Soundmagic’s website. www.soundmagic.com.cn

If you wish to contact me directly, I can put you in touch with Soundmagic, who will be able to advise you if they have a local distributor in Sir Lanka / India

Cheers

Shane

Users who are viewing this thread

Back