SoundMAGIC PL30 Adjustable Bass Earphones
Jun 22, 2009 at 4:14 AM Post #166 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by mike.tm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there r many brands in the market sound's more interesting and still on budget. I'm not really trust in China or Korea brand.

Yes, that is absolute bull. Chinese/korean brands can be just as good as anything else if you pay the price, and unlike many so-called big-name brands, their quality is constantly improving. Just look at korean cars over the past decade, for example.

Jun 22, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #167 of 232
soundmagic pl30..
one of the best price-performance ratio budget iem~

been loving it ever since i first got it few months ago.

Jul 8, 2009 at 12:08 PM Post #169 of 232
If you are in US, Head-Direct sells them. If you in UK, HiFi headphones (our sponsor) has them. MP4 Nation and Focalprice have them as well.

Jul 8, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #170 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikoz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heave read alot of positive comments about there earphones, and i would like to get one pair for my self.

Where can i get it? Not ebay.

Head-Direct.com (US) <-fastest shipping
Mp4nation.net (World) <-cheapest
Focalprice.com (World) <-all colors available

Jul 8, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #171 of 232
Additionally, consider SoundMAGIC's newest offering, the PL-50. It is a decent deal more expensive at $55, however, reviews have said the sound is significantly better than the PL-30. Head-Fiers are hoping that it will be available from one of the above sites soon.

Jul 10, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #172 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Head-Direct.com (US) <-fastest shipping
Mp4nation.net (World) <-cheapest
Focalprice.com (World) <-all colors available

Thanks for the links, i like cheapest but does anyone have any experience from mp4 nation?

Focalprice does not work, and im not in US.

Jul 10, 2009 at 7:25 AM Post #173 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by InspireD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Additionally, consider SoundMAGIC's newest offering, the PL-50. It is a decent deal more expensive at $55, however, reviews have said the sound is significantly better than the PL-30. Head-Fiers are hoping that it will be available from one of the above sites soon.

Can you link to the review?
55USD is a bit expensive for chinese earphones, no?

Jul 10, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #174 of 232
Quote:

Thanks for the links, i like cheapest but does anyone have any experience from mp4 nation?

I got my PL30s, Fiio E5, and P10s from mp4nation (separate orders). They ran out of P10s after I ordered, but offered me a refund. I opted to wait so shipping took about 2 months for those. The PL30s and E5 got to me in <2 weeks. Customer service is good, turnaround time for questions is about a day.

Quote:

Can you link to the review?

1st two results of a simple search (would've taken you less time than writing that question):

SoundMAGIC PL-50 released, received, reviewed!!!
My review of the SoundMAGIC PL50

Quote:

55USD is a bit expensive for chinese earphones, no?

No, it isn't. I'm guessing you already know that a lot of stuff is made in China to begin with. The location of manufacturing doesn't automatically make something a good or bad product. It's the quality control and how passionate a company is about its products that matter more. Head-direct, for example, does not hide its Chinese origins, and they make hi-fi gear priced in the hundreds of dollars. However, their products are some of the best and most reasonably-priced around. Their upcoming RE3 headphones could potentially turn the world of portable hi-fi on its head (The trend has already started with the FOTM RE0's).

I think soundmagic is also an OEM for Sony, among others, if that makes a difference to you, and I have had no problems yet with their products.

Jul 10, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #176 of 232
Jul 10, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #178 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my PL30s, Fiio E5, and P10s from mp4nation (separate orders). They ran out of P10s after I ordered, but offered me a refund. I opted to wait so shipping took about 2 months for those. The PL30s and E5 got to me in <2 weeks. Customer service is good, turnaround time for questions is about a day.

1st two results of a simple search (would've taken you less time than writing that question):

SoundMAGIC PL-50 released, received, reviewed!!!
My review of the SoundMAGIC PL50

No, it isn't. I'm guessing you already know that a lot of stuff is made in China to begin with. The location of manufacturing doesn't automatically make something a good or bad product. It's the quality control and how passionate a company is about its products that matter more. Head-direct, for example, does not hide its Chinese origins, and they make hi-fi gear priced in the hundreds of dollars. However, their products are some of the best and most reasonably-priced around. Their upcoming RE3 headphones could potentially turn the world of portable hi-fi on its head (The trend has already started with the FOTM RE0's).

I think soundmagic is also an OEM for Sony, among others, if that makes a difference to you, and I have had no problems yet with their products.

Thanks for the comments, and links.

And sorry, im new member here, didnt think the review was on this forum so didnt even try to search.

I do own Chinese earphones (OVC TC20) and im very pleased with the quality, but they only cost me 20USD.

Now i just cant decide with are teh next PL30 or PL50.

Jul 10, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #179 of 232
Quote:

Thanks for the comments, and links.

And sorry, im new member here, didnt think the review was on this forum so didnt even try to search.

I do own Chinese earphones (OVC TC20) and im very pleased with the quality, but they only cost me 20USD.

Now i just cant decide with are teh next PL30 or PL50.

If you can afford it (and can wait until they become available wherever you're at) go for the PL50s. Either way you're getting a headphone that competes above the price you're paying. In this particular case you are actually paying the extra $30 for performance, not looks/specs/brandname etc.

Aug 3, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #180 of 232
Well i finally decided to order both PL30 and PL50 from China, to test them out and sell the one i dont like.

PL30 for 24usd and PL50 for 59USD, free shipping.

After alot of reading on this forum im really interested how big the diffrerence is between these to models. Hope to receive them next week.

Btw, someone here said that the PL30 are very source sensitive and the sound may differ depending on the sound source.
What do you guys use when testing new earphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back