SoundMAGIC HP100/HP150 Review and Impressions Thread
Jun 19, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #286 of 1,386
I think they work fine for small heads. There is not too much clamping force on these, but they fit on your head pretty comfortably. I'm a 7 1/4, and I have to pull the headband out to the 4th tick for it to fit me perfectly. I'm still debating whether or not to get the velour pads because I don't really like fuzzy feeling stuff. Yet again, the drivers are a little bit to close to my ears as it is. Should I go with the softskin pads then?

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #287 of 1,386
Quote:
I think they work fine for small heads. There is not too much clamping force on these, but they fit on your head pretty comfortably. I'm a 7 1/4, and I have to pull the headband out to the 4th tick for it to fit me perfectly. I'm still debating whether or not to get the velour pads because I don't really like fuzzy feeling stuff. Yet again, the drivers are a little bit to close to my ears as it is. Should I go with the softskin pads then?

I think the softskin pads would be your best bet, although again, I haven't tried them yet.

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #288 of 1,386
Anyone tried the alpha pads one these? I wonder if they would fit. I'm sure it would make wonders for the HP100 both comfort and sound wise.

Jun 20, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #289 of 1,386
Quote:

Thank you for the info. looks like the HP100 is just what I'm looking for, I will be pulling the trigger on these soon.

Jun 20, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #290 of 1,386
Alpha pads actually sound like a very viable option. On the other hand, which softskin pads are the ones that will fit for these? Can anybody direct me with a link?

Jun 21, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #291 of 1,386
Got mine a few days ago and i love the stock pads. Like them even more than the beyer velour pads for not collecting dust like crazy. Comfort is great, sound is amazing! These can keep up with headphones in the 500€ range. Now i'm really curious to hear the HP 200.

Jun 21, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #293 of 1,386
Currently they are hard to source in europe, i had to browse around quite a while. I finally ordered mine from poland at www.audiomagic.eu which seemed the only store to have it in stock. I didnt find the link to their english website at first so i just emailed them to ask for the HP100 and the email exchange/answers were very quick and professionell. I placed the order on monday and 3 days later the HP100 arrived. The shipping cost was only 9€, the HP100 was ~170€. Very recommended.

Jun 23, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #294 of 1,386
Just got the Schiit Magni in. Although I haven't listened to it a ton, I like it a lot. I also like the design and everything else about it, not just the sound.

Although I am having doubts about this headphone. I listened to my Bose AE2s last week (I actually gave them to my mom and havent seen them in a while) I may have to say I like them better. Better long term comfort, wider soundstage, and sound much more natural to me, with thicker mids. I'll do some more comparisons before I start saying that everywhere though.

Jun 23, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #295 of 1,386
Can't find a direct comparison between these and the Ultrasone HFI-780 though they sound like similar headphones. I'm looking to upgrade from the 780s due to comfort issues (pads are pretty bad IMO) and it sounds like these would be a good option to try. If anyone has both of these though a direct comparison would be helpful.

Jun 24, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #296 of 1,386
Quote:
Can't find a direct comparison between these and the Ultrasone HFI-780 though they sound like similar headphones. I'm looking to upgrade from the 780s due to comfort issues (pads are pretty bad IMO) and it sounds like these would be a good option to try. If anyone has both of these though a direct comparison would be helpful.

I have the 580s. If your interested I can do a little A/Bing and tell you what I think.

Jun 24, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #297 of 1,386
Quote:
Just got the Schiit Magni in. Although I haven't listened to it a ton, I like it a lot. I also like the design and everything else about it, not just the sound.

Although I am having doubts about this headphone. I listened to my Bose AE2s last week (I actually gave them to my mom and havent seen them in a while) I may have to say I like them better. Better long term comfort, wider soundstage, and sound much more natural to me, with thicker mids. I'll do some more comparisons before I start saying that everywhere though.

Maybe you like warmish sound?

Jun 24, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #298 of 1,386
Quote:
Alpha pads actually sound like a very viable option. On the other hand, which softskin pads are the ones that will fit for these? Can anybody direct me with a link?

I think these are them.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_46135_beyerdynamic-EDT-770S-Original-Black-Softskin-Replacement-Ear-Pads-Ear-Cushions-for-DT550-DT880-DT880s-HS200-DT770m.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=paid_search&utm_campaign=paid_search_google_pla&scid=scplp3613564&gclid=CNeSueTd_LcCFWlS4godV1YAVw

Jun 24, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #299 of 1,386
Quote:

It's been a while since I've owned the 780s, but IIRC, the HP100s are dramatically more comfortable.  They're not as bright as the 780s, and they're less punchy, but to me that just means that they're very well balanced.  And these have a midrange, which is nice (although it's close to thin for some people).  Can't really comment on soundstage, but  I was never too keen on S-Logic.

Jun 24, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #300 of 1,386
Was never too much of a fan of Ultrasone and their S-Logic, so I may be a little bit biased in saying that the HP100 is way ahead of the 780. I just could not get used to any of the Ultrasone S-Logic's sound signatures. Plus the HP100 is much more comfortable imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back