SOUNDAWARE M1(PRO) Portable Player with Proprietary FPGA Architecture
Dec 22, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #526 of 1,094
  soundawareHi, bought this player, great sound, but I would like some changes in the firmware:
1) Change play mode (random, circle, etc) I would like a separate option, just blindly pressed the button down not very convenient.
2) When you turn off the player resets the position of the track he played is always the place where he stopped
PS: will there be a possibility of the Russian language? I hope it is clear outlined idea. Thank you!

Hi Dagnatos, 
Thanks very much for your suggestion. But I am not very clear of your thoughts, could you explain for  me? Thanks!
1) Press the down button could change the play mode. Do you mean it's not convenient to blindly press down button? If yes, we are very appreciated to hear your suggestion, how to change the operation to be more convenient. Thanks. 
2) For this piont, I personally want what you want. I have talked to our R&D department, still waiting for their reply. Will inform you whether it's available once I got the answer.
 About the Russian language, as there is no one who know Russian, so we don't add Russian until now. But I will learn to translate the language. If you could give us some hand, we will be very pleased.
tongue.gif
wink_face.gif

Soundaware Stay updated on Soundaware at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Soundaware-Audio-CoLtd-140035019979865/ https://www.us.soundaware.net/ Soundaware Official market@soundaware.net
Dec 22, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #527 of 1,094
Quote:
  Hi Dagnatos, 
Thanks very much for your suggestion. But I am not very clear of your thoughts, could you explain for  me? Thanks!
1) Press the down button could change the play mode. Do you mean it's not convenient to blindly press down button? If yes, we are very appreciated to hear your suggestion, how to change the operation to be more convenient. Thanks. 
2) For this piont, I personally want what you want. I have talked to our R&D department, still waiting for their reply. Will inform you whether it's available once I got the answer.
 About the Russian language, as there is no one who know Russian, so we don't add Russian until now. But I will learn to translate the language. If you could give us some hand, we will be very pleased.
tongue.gif
wink_face.gif

Thanks for the answer!
1 ) is not convenient, because you can accidentally press and switch to playback mode , it would be better to change the play mode would be in the "Settings"
2) In the sleep mode is not so much the battery is spent , so this point is not so important.

At the expense of the Russian language, I will try as time will translate to you

Thank you so much!

Dec 22, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #528 of 1,094
Finally got around to putting down my thoughts on the Now Playing screens. I think these changes make better use of the topbar and main screen real estate, allowing the user to see more useful information at a glance. Let me know what you think.

Information-Rich Screen

Album Art Screen

I'd hope that moving the Play Mode icon to the topbar will allow us to change Play Mode on either screen, since this function is currently unavailable on the Album Art screen.

Looking forward to your thoughts!

Happy Holidays!
Nikolaus

Dec 22, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #529 of 1,094
I think Esther is the best DAP pairing I've heard yet with my HFM HE400. Adds nice warmth to the midrange and tames the upper end while remaining more detailed than a couple DAPs I listened to that aren't as warm. Impressive!

On the flip side, I'm finding Esther isn't pairing as well with the Empire Ears Apollo and Zeus high-sensitivity multi-BA IEM. They're coming across as overly warm and I'm missing details I can hear with other DAPs. This is the first time I've felt like the Esther wasn't performing at an equal or higher level vs. my other DAPs. Has anyone else experienced this?

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #534 of 1,094
nmatheisThis is a very good idea

About adding more:

It would be good to make a volume limiter , for example , I want to make it the maximum value of 60 , set in the settings option 60 is not added ( such as "sound option")

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #538 of 1,094
Curious when the need to plug in via USB to power on after Esther shuts down will be removed. After upgrading to latest firmware, I forgot to turn off Auto PowerOff and had to plug in via USB when restarting. Kind of a pain. An estimated time of arrival for a fix would be nice for Esther owners.

Dec 23, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #539 of 1,094
Curious when the need to plug in via USB to power on after Esther shuts down will be removed. After upgrading to latest firmware, I forgot to turn off Auto PowerOff and had to plug in via USB when restarting. Kind of a pain. An estimated time of arrival for a fix would be nice for Esther owners.

Yep happens to me to sometime and is pretty frustrating - would be cool to get this fixed soon

Dec 23, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #540 of 1,094
Has anyone who has this player (analogue version) compared it to HM-901 or Lotto Paw Gold?

I see people describing Esther as warm, it seems like something I might like - I have the HM901 at the moment with 'classic' amp card, but it's so unreliable and I'm tired of having it repaired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back