SOUNDAWARE M1(PRO) Portable Player with Proprietary FPGA Architecture
Dec 17, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #513 of 1,094
Here are my initial Review points:
1. Good work on the English
2. I think "Sound Gain" should just be "Gain"
3. I realised compared to previous FW the "All Music" takes afew more seconds to load up.
4. Good job on the Continuous scrolling down when holding down. If you could do the same for the continuous scrolling down 5 songs at a time when holding right. That would be GREAT!.
5. SQ wise it sounded more BASSY then previous firmware. Alittle fatiguing.

Dec 17, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #514 of 1,094
Just got Mojo in yesterday. Need a bit of time to see what I think vs. Esther Analog @howdy. My first inclination is that Esther should be used solo. I'm looking at Mojo more for stacking with my iPhone or computer than with a DAP.

Yeah Im really looking for your impression as well being that I had that MoJo. I really only want one or the other I do not want to stack the Esther with the Mojo, I either want the Mojo with my Ipod or the esther alone. Nik, are you using the Mojo with your X5? I thought it was a great combo.

Thanks Fum for all of your thoughts.

Dec 21, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #519 of 1,094
Hey guys, I just got an advance copy of the new firmware. A lot of good stuff listed in the changelog. Off to test it out!

Two things I'd still like to see changed are:
  • Default to Low Gain after firmware upgrade. I feel this is safer for the users.
  • Enable Artist -> Album -> Song sorting in the Music Library

I'll report back in tomorrow after I play around with the new firmware some more...

Dec 21, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #520 of 1,094
@soundaware bad news still crackles

I am very sorry, could you send your files to my email?
then I will test.
Besides, you could download our new FW, which will be post in the rear.

Soundaware Stay updated on Soundaware at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Soundaware-Audio-CoLtd-140035019979865/ https://www.us.soundaware.net/ Soundaware Official market@soundaware.net
Dec 21, 2015 at 5:26 AM Post #521 of 1,094

FW V1.0.012 was launched on the end of October, the added Coaxial Digital mode and more steady system are helpful for better experience. But we did get some negative feedback from many enthusiastic users. According to their feedback, including death during standby, some non- convenient operation and so forth, we developed and finally launched this FW. Thanks the users who help to feedback and test new FW. 

Before upgrade, please read below note carefully.
(1) The new firmware is only available for units which are of larger  SN(Serial Number), last three digital are larger than 500. If you couldn’t upgrade the new firmware, please click here to find how to send back for upgrade. (PS: you could find the SN in “About” menu).
(2)The left electric quantity is more than 40%.
(3)The whole upgrade will last for about 1 to 2 minutes. During the whole process of the upgrade, please don’t execute any operation, otherwise the player cannot reboot.
(4)The firmware is just for M1 and M1PRO.

V1.0.046 Download Address

How to upgrade
Some function upgrade need to adjust hardware, so we have to recall the devices which meet the following conditions: the last three digital of the serial number is less than 500.(PS: you could find the sequence number in “About” menu)
The players with other sequence number could proceed to upgrade by yourself according to below steps:
Step 1: Download the upgrade file from the above download address.
Step 2: Decompress the downloaded file.
Step 3: Copy the file named “update.bin” into the TF card’s root directory.
Step 4: Insert the TF card into the upper slot of the player, then operate as next step.
Step 5: Enter in the Upgrade menu --> move the cursor on the “Firmware Upgrade” --> long press right button --> select OK in the dialog box of Warning -->wait until the player reboot after successful upgrade. 

Others
1. New User Manual based on V1.0.046, click here.
2. Some suggestion about how to hear the best Esther,click here.

https://www.facebook.com/Soundaware-Audio-CoLtd-140035019979865/ https://www.us.soundaware.net/ Soundaware Official market@soundaware.net
Dec 21, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #522 of 1,094
This is a great effort. I really hope volume will be display on the top. Battery percentage will show in the battery logo. There is no need 2 battery indicator at the top.

Dec 21, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #523 of 1,094
I'd also suggest that the top bar include:
1. Volume
2. Play Mode

I'd further suggest that users should be able to change Play Mode in both Now Playing screens (the one with more information and the simpler one).

Then remove the Play Mode and Play/Pause status icons from the main display in the default Now Playing screen because they're redundant with the ones in the top bar and dedicate more room on the Now Playing screen to information about the current song.

Just my two cents...

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #524 of 1,094
@soundaware bad news still crackles

Hi fumoffuXx,
Did you upgrade the new FW? How is the crackling sounds?
If it dosen't be better, you could send back to below address for checking:

Address: Room 4-409 MingFa Commercial Plaza No. 99 Yulan Road, Yuhuatai District Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province, China
Post code:210000
Name: Mary Cui
Tel: +86-025-52894989

Chinese 
Address: 中国南京市雨花台区玉兰路99好明发商业广场4栋-409室
Name: 享声音响/崔晓钰
Tel:+86-025-52894989

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #525 of 1,094
soundawareHi, bought this player, great sound, but I would like some changes in the firmware:
1) Change play mode (random, circle, etc) I would like a separate option, just blindly pressed the button down not very convenient.
2) When you turn off the player resets the position of the track he played is always the place where he stopped
PS: will there be a possibility of the Russian language? I hope it is clear outlined idea. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back