SOUNDAWARE Digital Transport D300REF D300 D280 Integrated Music Player A300 A280C CD Ripper CD-One Official Thread
Sep 15, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #121 of 128
The sound quality using it as a transport has been excellent, better than all the USB and S/PDIF converters I've used, except the 2go with the Hugo 2, for which I'd say it's about equal. It's hard to compare to other streamers though as I don't have enough experience.
Do you happen to know if this unit will accept Apple Music Airplay and feed that out via the S/PDIF interface? I have the Mojo/ Poly right now which works great with Apple Music, but Poly connects via the Micro USB to the Mojo, and to my ears my xDuoo via Optical sounds better. I would like to be able to feed Apple Music to the Mojo via the optical for best SQ.

Sep 15, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #122 of 128
Do you happen to know if this unit will accept Apple Music Airplay and feed that out via the S/PDIF interface? I have the Mojo/ Poly right now which works great with Apple Music, but Poly connects via the Micro USB to the Mojo, and to my ears my xDuoo via Optical sounds better. I would like to be able to feed Apple Music to the Mojo via the optical for best SQ.
I don't have it handy right now, but I think so. Note that Airplay is lossy. I wish Soundaware would update the software, but after waiting a long while, they haven't.

Edit: Roon's site shows it now as being full compatible. I'll have to double-check this though.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #123 of 128
My ipad shows airplay working lossless.

219D793DE30907D10B75510E1554AF6F.png

Jun 22, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #127 of 128
I beg you, tell me, who knows. Nowhere did I find information about soundaware d300ref - what should be the external clock frequency for external clocking - 50 ohms or 75 ohms? Is the signal sinusoidal or square wave? Probably no soundaware support, no response for a week now. I would be grateful to everyone for help, and links, as I receive very conflicting information on this topic.

Jul 22, 2022 at 10:09 PM Post #128 of 128

Users who are viewing this thread

Back