Sound Rhyme impression thread
Jan 1, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #2,281 of 2,453
I didn't feel fatigue from DTE900. On the other hand the SR5 were fatiguing, so I had to reduce its upper mids.
I am thinking of going from SR5 to DTE900. Could you do a brief comparison? I don’t find SR5 fatiguing in upper mids but it’s close. I love everything about them except would maybe like a slightly more lush vocal presentation. I assume the bass is amazing on 900s but how does the treble compare with SR5? Do you think this is a natural upgrade? Thanks!

Also, considering SR8. Which one is closer to SR5?

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #2,282 of 2,453
It has been a little quiet on the PRADO front, does anyone have any impressions to share? I'm aware there's a Canadian tour around the corner but interested to hear from early adopters.

Jan 2, 2024 at 2:44 PM Post #2,283 of 2,453
Maybe the price tag ... 🤔🫨

Jan 4, 2024 at 11:38 AM Post #2,284 of 2,453
I am thinking of going from SR5 to DTE900. Could you do a brief comparison? I don’t find SR5 fatiguing in upper mids but it’s close. I love everything about them except would maybe like a slightly more lush vocal presentation. I assume the bass is amazing on 900s but how does the treble compare with SR5? Do you think this is a natural upgrade? Thanks!

Also, considering SR8. Which one is closer to SR5?
It's difficult to compare as I had the SR5 over half a year ago. In the end both SR5 and DTE900 just weren't comfortable enough. Though I prefered the timbre of DTE900 a lot more. SR5 just sounded weird compared to my other IEMs. SR8 wins in comfort and is still at the high league as DTE900. DTE900 on the other hand is more energetic so it depends on what you prefer. Both DTE900 and SR8 are big upgrades.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 3:48 PM Post #2,288 of 2,453
My DTE500 has been a good companion so far. The tuning is right in line with my preference and the technicalities leave nothing to worry. Since I got my DTE500 I have upgraded cables, tips and sources to find out what I actually enjoy. I followed the advice in this thread and ordered a NiceHCK DragonScale cable, which are on sale right now. Thanks to everyone involved in this thread.

Jan 17, 2024 at 7:27 PM Post #2,291 of 2,453
about time i found this thread....i was thinking Soundrhyme was underatted then it seem their alot of fans here! well deserve tbh since i discover this brand with SR7, a keeper that I still enjoy tremendesly. warm neutralish with lush thick timbre and holographic rich layering, with a swithc that can make them go near basshead, adding lot of fun and versatility to its tonality...in fact i compare them to Oriveti OH700VB and the winner was? guess.

anyway, their were ONE thing that i feel SR7 was missing and its: air and sparkle on top, BA can't achieve sharp snap and brilliance and this is why i get the DTE500.

let me tell you I don't regret my choice at all, since im a bit allergic to upper mids boost i look at graph before the selection. Those are bass mid centric yet open and sparkly, its gourmet IEM to my ears

1705537295779.png

Female vocal lover that want to enjoy presence in a smooth, lush yet very focused and wide in release way will feel at home with those. Bass too is thick, vibrant just a hint warm, even if its a 1DD2BA2EST the tonality is very cohesive, then the EST treble make acoustic guitar mesmerizing but isn't too fowards nor detached, its delicate and airy. my fav pairing for now is with Questyle M15 and (non included) short wide bore eartips....ill share more serious sound impressions after more than 1h of listen but first test for me is always this: yuck or yum face.

its a yum here.

wonder if anybody has them here and what they think of it?

Jan 17, 2024 at 11:13 PM Post #2,292 of 2,453
Крайно време беше да намеря тази тема... Мислех си, че Soundrhyme са недооценени, тогава изглежда, че има много фенове тук! Заслужавам го, откакто открих тази марка със SR7, пазител, на който все още се наслаждавам изключително много. топъл неутрален с пищен плътен тембър и богато холографско наслояване, с превключвател, който може да ги накара да се доближат до бас, добавяйки много забавление и гъвкавост към неговата тоналност...всъщност аз ги сравнявам с Oriveti OH700VB и победителят беше? познайте.

както и да е, те бяха ЕДНО нещо, което чувствам, че липсваше на SR7 и то: въздух и блясък отгоре, BA не може да постигне рязко щракване и блясък и това е причината да взема DTE500.

нека ви кажа, че изобщо не съжалявам за избора си, тъй като съм малко алергичен към усилване на горните средни, гледам графиката преди избора. Те са съсредоточени по средата на баса, но отворени и блестящи, това е гурме IEM за ушите ми

Любителите на женския вокал, които искат да се насладят на присъствие по плавен, пищен, но много фокусиран и широк в освобождаването начин, ще се чувстват като у дома си с тях. Басът също е плътен, жизнен, само леко топъл, дори ако е 1DD2BA2EST, тоналността е много сплотена, тогава EST високите тонове правят акустичната китара хипнотизираща, но не е твърде насочена напред, нито откъсната, тя е деликатна и ефирна. моето любимо сдвояване за сега е с Questyle M15 и (не са включени) къси накрайници за уши с широк отвор.... ще споделя по-сериозни звукови впечатления след повече от 1 час слушане, но първият тест за мен винаги е следният: мраф или ням фейс.

това е вкусно тук.

Чудя се дали някой ги има тук и какво мисли за тях?

about time i found this thread....i was thinking Soundrhyme was underatted then it seem their alot of fans here! well deserve tbh since i discover this brand with SR7, a keeper that I still enjoy tremendesly. warm neutralish with lush thick timbre and holographic rich layering, with a swithc that can make them go near basshead, adding lot of fun and versatility to its tonality...in fact i compare them to Oriveti OH700VB and the winner was? guess.

anyway, their were ONE thing that i feel SR7 was missing and its: air and sparkle on top, BA can't achieve sharp snap and brilliance and this is why i get the DTE500.

let me tell you I don't regret my choice at all, since im a bit allergic to upper mids boost i look at graph before the selection. Those are bass mid centric yet open and sparkly, its gourmet IEM to my ears

1705537295779.png

Female vocal lover that want to enjoy presence in a smooth, lush yet very focused and wide in release way will feel at home with those. Bass too is thick, vibrant just a hint warm, even if its a 1DD2BA2EST the tonality is very cohesive, then the EST treble make acoustic guitar mesmerizing but isn't too fowards nor detached, its delicate and airy. my fav pairing for now is with Questyle M15 and (non included) short wide bore eartips....ill share more serious sound impressions after more than 1h of listen but first test for me is always this: yuck or yum face.

its a yum here.

I listen to a lot of acoustic music - acoustic guitars - and I can say that the DTE900 makes it sound fantastic with stunning dynamics and realism. I am glad that the DTE500 also achieves it. Perhaps the DTE500 is a slightly "safer" option.

Jan 18, 2024 at 3:49 PM Post #2,293 of 2,453

1705537295779.png

its a yum here.

Finally the DTE500 is getting some attention.

My DragonScale cable arrived and i have put it on my DTE500. The sound has become really neutral now. Still very resolving with no harshness in the treble. A good source can make the DTE500 sound so detailed. Why upgrade to another in ear? The perfect one is right here.

Jan 18, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #2,294 of 2,453
I listen to a lot of acoustic music - acoustic guitars - and I can say that the DTE900 makes it sound fantastic with stunning dynamics and realism. I am glad that the DTE500 also achieves it. Perhaps the DTE500 is a slightly "safer" option.
i cant really tell since i havent try DTE900 but graph wise DTE500 indeed seem safer, less bright and analytical, with notably lower upper mids boost too for those that like me struggle a bit but it always depend...i dont do conclusion on graph it would be quite lunatic.

but yes, 500 are smooth and sweet, its mid centric to my ears and both male and female vocal are full sounding and natural, the timbre is very good but foor those familiar with Sonion BA, it's not a surprise...it seem a bit soure picky...like with most tribrid with EST im not sure to have exact best source since i feel it need good enough power but not very high output impedance...this is why i use Xduoo X20 but iits no end game DAP at all lol

need to analyze bass part better, but i enjoy tremendously Pierre Hantai harpsichord playin Scarlatti. each note arent ultra edgy or texture, but round and weighty, smooth yet with brilliance release that make it very musical...as well, it dont sound recessed, dry or thin like with alot of IEM, especially Harman target IEMs. the balance btw presence texture, dynamic and attack is very well done. i guess treble head will ask more agressive highs but i love delicate and refined treble, we can say DTE500 is a better balanced Kinera Urd (will AB them soon)
1705613658216.png

Jan 18, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #2,295 of 2,453
Finally the DTE500 is getting some attention.

My DragonScale cable arrived and i have put it on my DTE500. The sound has become really neutral now. Still very resolving with no harshness in the treble. A good source can make the DTE500 sound so detailed. Why upgrade to another in ear? The perfect one is right here.
yeah...wth just one review on headfi. which in fact is what attire me since i love American Spirit IEM (Night Oblivion Butastur) and he seem to love DTE500...need to see its ohter review, perhaps we have similar taste...cant say

im still discovering them (receive yesterday) but its sure a love at first listen (honey moon?), in term of clarity and details some source can warm it too much as well...its true cable seem to have great impact so i need to try more, but when i pass from Simgot LC7 to stock cable i feel it sound less transparent and hint more excited in attack release, spatiality wasn't as vastly open too...

so your the man i want to ask this: what is this ''best source'' you pair DTE500 with and....do you feel output impedance inflict on how clean-transparent is background and overall spatiality?

oh, and i use non included short wide bore...what ear tips you feel are the best for those?????
TX!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back