Sound Rhyme impression thread
Jan 18, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #2,296 of 2,497
yeah...wth just one review on headfi. which in fact is what attire me since i love American Spirit IEM (Night Oblivion Butastur) and he seem to love DTE500...need to see its ohter review, perhaps we have similar taste...cant say

im still discovering them (receive yesterday) but its sure a love at first listen (honey moon?), in term of clarity and details some source can warm it too much as well...its true cable seem to have great impact so i need to try more, but when i pass from Simgot LC7 to stock cable i feel it sound less transparent and hint more excited in attack release, spatiality wasn't as vastly open too...

so your the man i want to ask this: what is this ''best source'' you pair DTE500 with and....do you feel output impedance inflict on how clean-transparent is background and overall spatiality?

oh, and i use non included short wide bore...what ear tips you feel are the best for those?????
TX!
Let us get to the topic straight away.

Source:
0. PC with SPDIF on mainboard, PEQ software running and set to 192khz
1. DAC from Aliexpress (AD1852 Multibit) (audiophile power cable)
2. Van den Huul D-102 aliexpress knock-off rca interconnect
3. xduoo mt-603 pre-amp with new tube from local dealer (ifi ipower psu)
4. xduoo mt-602 with GE5654W tubes (meanwell psu)
5. stagg rca male to xlr male interconnects
6. RNHP Amp knock-off from aliexpress (meanwell psu)
7. 75 ohm adapter from dunu and ifi earbuddy combined
8. finally my 3.5mm nicehck dragonscale cable with the DTE500 attached. spinfit w1 medium sized tips on my dte500.

That is basically it. I got my DTE500 eq to have the tuning of a UM MEST Mk3 with my personal twist. I have done enough and got my goal.

Jan 18, 2024 at 7:54 PM Post #2,297 of 2,497
Let us get to the topic straight away.

Source:
0. PC with SPDIF on mainboard, PEQ software running and set to 192khz
1. DAC from Aliexpress (AD1852 Multibit) (audiophile power cable)
2. Van den Huul D-102 aliexpress knock-off rca interconnect
3. xduoo mt-603 pre-amp with new tube from local dealer (ifi ipower psu)
4. xduoo mt-602 with GE5654W tubes (meanwell psu)
5. stagg rca male to xlr male interconnects
6. RNHP Amp knock-off from aliexpress (meanwell psu)
7. 75 ohm adapter from dunu and ifi earbuddy combined
8. finally my 3.5mm nicehck dragonscale cable with the DTE500 attached. spinfit w1 medium sized tips on my dte500.

That is basically it. I got my DTE500 eq to have the tuning of a UM MEST Mk3 with my personal twist. I have done enough and got my goal.
wah! OK, the audio chain is long here lol when we give so much care to an IEM, i think it mean it's a love affair.
i guess the 75ohm adapter is too avoid unwanted gain imbalance or distortion...

im a bit curious about the cable, will give a look...

DTE500 still in my ears but with different cable, well i tested Simgot LC7 on Questyle M15 and was impress but it introduce some warmth.
1705625185966.png

Sincerly, again, vocal are to die for, or any instrument in fact...from saxo to harpsichord and then acoustic guitar...but soundstage is quite immense in fact....im listening to Big Thief indie rock album, so electric guitar sound good too, the bass line can be super well extracted and dense, life like some time...not sure it's as good with super speedy electric or double bass havent test yet...

I'm surprise you EQ them to get UM MK3 tonality, its one of my fav IEM of all time, my end game in fact....but i'm too purist to EQ (or need a reason to collect them all)

Im sure these can handle alot of EQ.

as well, the DTE500 wasn't send to me out of the blue, i check the graph and was intrigue by them. i ''EQ'' with different DAP, Xduoo X20 boost nothing and even had a bit of upper mids presence....it have very clean noise floor too...it will make sibilant IEM sound ultra sibilant and its not the case at all here.

Jan 18, 2024 at 8:01 PM Post #2,298 of 2,497
oh....and since i have like 8 tribrid with ESTs....

i compare it 5min to another I like...but for critical listening purpose...and monitoring...the Letshuoer EJ07M

1705625808399.png

it was a bit of a shocking polar opposite experience that isnt suggested after warmer bassier lusher DTE500....vocal seem super thin and everything quite bright...then after 1min of brain burn in it stabilize and i enjoy great resolution and transparency and did understand why im so enamoured of its treble since its use 4EST instead of 2 its more crisp and sparkly, vividly so so we have more micro details and air too.....but bass and mids are thinner and colder still and musicality is a big Win for DTE500....dont need brain burn in to enjoy them! anyway, 07M is more than legit for monitoring and stage musician purpose. its 200$ more than DTE500 too.

Jan 19, 2024 at 6:57 AM Post #2,299 of 2,497
wah! OK, the audio chain is long here lol when we give so much care to an IEM, i think it mean it's a love affair.
i guess the 75ohm adapter is too avoid unwanted gain imbalance or distortion...

im a bit curious about the cable, will give a look...

DTE500 still in my ears but with different cable, well i tested Simgot LC7 on Questyle M15 and was impress but it introduce some warmth.
1705625185966.png

Sincerly, again, vocal are to die for, or any instrument in fact...from saxo to harpsichord and then acoustic guitar...but soundstage is quite immense in fact....im listening to Big Thief indie rock album, so electric guitar sound good too, the bass line can be super well extracted and dense, life like some time...not sure it's as good with super speedy electric or double bass havent test yet...

I'm surprise you EQ them to get UM MK3 tonality, its one of my fav IEM of all time, my end game in fact....but i'm too purist to EQ (or need a reason to collect them all)

Im sure these can handle alot of EQ.

as well, the DTE500 wasn't send to me out of the blue, i check the graph and was intrigue by them. i ''EQ'' with different DAP, Xduoo X20 boost nothing and even had a bit of upper mids presence....it have very clean noise floor too...it will make sibilant IEM sound ultra sibilant and its not the case at all here.
You might be surprised but I actually tried different impedance adapters on my amp. The best combination was my 75 ohm + my earbuddy. 110 Ohm + 150 Ohm adapters in a row worked too. The DTE500 always had background hiss without the adapters. I would say if you need an impedance adapter for the RNHP amp you should go for a 200 ohm adapter minimum.

Jan 19, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #2,300 of 2,497
You might be surprised but I actually tried different impedance adapters on my amp. The best combination was my 75 ohm + my earbuddy. 110 Ohm + 150 Ohm adapters in a row worked too. The DTE500 always had background hiss without the adapters. I would say if you need an impedance adapter for the RNHP amp you should go for a 200 ohm adapter minimum.
i only have a 75ohm adapter but will sure take note of this, i indeed conclude they are a bit sensitive.
yes its surprising to mix adapter likee this....ive never do it....

i check amp specs....and impedance is...0.8ohm. my X20 is 0.1ohm
tbh alll of this is still quite mysterious to me, but it seem lower it is, cleaner and more balanced will sound sensitive IEM, especialy hybrid and multi BA, while single DD is less risky...and planar seem to enjoy higher impedance gain in fact...i hope i was more knowledgeable in electrical but its not the case....

Jan 19, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #2,301 of 2,497
i only have a 75ohm adapter but will sure take note of this, i indeed conclude they are a bit sensitive.
yes its surprising to mix adapter likee this....ive never do it....

i check amp specs....and impedance is...0.8ohm. my X20 is 0.1ohm
tbh alll of this is still quite mysterious to me, but it seem lower it is, cleaner and more balanced will sound sensitive IEM, especialy hybrid and multi BA, while single DD is less risky...and planar seem to enjoy higher impedance gain in fact...i hope i was more knowledgeable in electrical but its not the case....
The RNHP should sound clean because of the low impedance. That is however not the case and even my hybrid amps can handle In Ears better. Noticeable that my Sabaj A10h doesnt hiss with in ears. RNHP sounds amazingly good but I need those adapters. What a bummer but now my cables have a longer reach. You need a 6.35 to 3.5mm adapter anyway if you want to use an iem on this amp.

Jan 22, 2024 at 7:27 AM Post #2,302 of 2,497
Wanted to share a little tease for an upcoming series coming from Sound Rhyme:

Configuration is going to be 2DD+6BA+4EST
Rumor has it they will use 2 x 9.2mm DDs used in the DTE900; something I'm sure a lot of us can agree is quite impressive on its own

Some of us were no doubt surprised by the price of Prado. This new model is going to be more aligned with the SR8 and DTE900 in price and something I personally am extremely excited for!

No ETA yet for when the product will be released, as they want to perfect the tuning before release.

Lastly, an early picture of the combined 9.2mm DDs (not finalized)

1000005374.jpg

Jan 22, 2024 at 9:53 AM Post #2,303 of 2,497

Rumor has it they will use 2 x 9.2mm DDs used in the DTE900;
something I'm sure a lot of us can agree is quite impressive on its own

Some of us were no doubt surprised by the price of Prado. This new model is going to be more aligned with the SR8 and DTE900 in price and something I personally am extremely excited for!

Why you do this? I'm gonna pretend I didn't read any of that.

Jan 22, 2024 at 10:04 AM Post #2,304 of 2,497

Rumor has it they will use 2 x 9.2mm DDs used in the DTE900; something I'm sure a lot of us can agree is quite impressive on its own

No ETA yet for when the product will be released, as they want to perfect the tuning before release.

1000005374.jpg
I hope they don't clamshell the DD together. It's a poor design choice for sound.

Jan 22, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #2,307 of 2,497

1000005374.jpg
Thanks for sharing this. For last few days I have been thinking to get a DTE900. I had even made a test payment to them. I just hope this releases sooner.

Jan 22, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #2,308 of 2,497
Yeah, however it turns out I'm hoping it'll be the DTE900 bass but better and not the Quattro bass.
I specifically recommended to use the DTE900's DD, as I think it's an outstanding one. I believe the point is to build upon what made the DTE900 great and make something truly incredible

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #2,309 of 2,497
SR needs to figure out how to mitigate that upper mids hotness from the 900. That's what did it in for me.... Otherwise, it would probably still be my favorite daily use IEM.

Jan 22, 2024 at 11:16 AM Post #2,310 of 2,497
SR needs to figure out how to mitigate that upper mids hotness from the 900. That's what did it in for me.... Otherwise, it would probably still be my favorite daily use IEM.
I agree completely, this is what I told them and shared an adjusted graph of how I would try to go about it:
Balance things out a pinch, but most importantly, not sacrificing the resolution, detail and fun sound

Screenshot_20240113-160237.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back