Sound Rhyme impression thread
Jul 13, 2023 at 1:33 AM Post #1,531 of 2,503
hey guys , how rs8 works for metal? (Tecnical death metal , black , trash)
I read here someone sayning NP are better for metal … i have fh9, fd7 , ie600 and one full ba hand made here on Brazil 8ba , and working on 8ba 4est …

Akros say on Leisurely L8s are 95% of NP someone try L8s? Np blue , L8s red
I have both NP and SR8, and I’d say for technical death metal, low-end energy and technicality is better with SR8 and treble and micro details on highs are better on NP.

It depends on which spectrum you value more, macro dynamism = pick SR8, micro details = pick NP.

Jul 14, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #1,534 of 2,503
Can anyone recommend a cable they are using or have used that does well with the DTE500?
See my sig :relaxed:. This rec came from AmericanSpirit and it's perfect w/ the DTE500.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #1,535 of 2,503
I have been rotating my collection this week and have spent each day with a different set I own.
I do enjoy all of them especially if you upgrade them with some EQ then each set can sound really special. They all have a lot to offer especially Serial and FH9, such well done iems. But even something like AST sounds so good with the right cable and a bit of EQ.

Today I am back with SR8 and after some typical daily stress here I am listening to this collection that was proposed to me by YT (link below).

God damn, this SR8 sounds so incredible! Yes, I did state this here before but I am writing it again. These SR8 sound amazing. Such a full sound across the whole frequency range, really astonishing bass quantity and quality for a full BA set it's just incredible. Still using the Space cable and I think I don't need to keep searching for anything better (at least for now D). I'm using a very soft EQ push for the very bottom (around 25hz) and the very top (20khz+). When I turn on / off the EQ there is only a subtle difference but this is only because it really doesn't need any more improvement, at least to my ears.

I am not sure if it's just my desire or it feels like the sound is still improving by the burning effect.
Do you think BAs do need any burning? I am no expert in this.
Can't wait to read some impressions about the DTE900.

Anyway, I hope you are all having a great time listening to the SR8 and if not, do get them!
The quality / price ratio is really insane.

Happy Listening :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IohpKCae0Jc

Jul 14, 2023 at 7:18 PM Post #1,536 of 2,503
I have been rotating my collection this week and have spent each day with a different set I own.
I do enjoy all of them especially if you upgrade them with some EQ then each set can sound really special. They all have a lot to offer especially Serial and FH9, such well done iems. But even something like AST sounds so good with the right cable and a bit of EQ.

Today I am back with SR8 and after some typical daily stress here I am listening to this collection that was proposed to me by YT (link below).

God damn, this SR8 sounds so incredible! Yes, I did state this here before but I am writing it again. These SR8 sound amazing. Such a full sound across the whole frequency range, really astonishing bass quantity and quality for a full BA set it's just incredible. Still using the Space cable and I think I don't need to keep searching for anything better (at least for now D). I'm using a very soft EQ push for the very bottom (around 25hz) and the very top (20khz+). When I turn on / off the EQ there is only a subtle difference but this is only because it really doesn't need any more improvement, at least to my ears.

I am not sure if it's just my desire or it feels like the sound is still improving by the burning effect.

Anyway, I hope you are all having a great time listening to the SR8 and if not, do get them!

The SR8 is so insane that it made me undo practically all my collection in these 2 months that I've had it, to make the most of its capacity, this week I acquired an ifi Gryphon, and I can say for everyone here in the community, what a fantastic set with SR8 .

Attachments

• 20230714_201732.jpg
    20230714_201732.jpg
    993.8 KB · Views: 0
Jul 14, 2023 at 10:40 PM Post #1,537 of 2,503

As a burn-in believer, I have found that BAs really don't seem to evolve over time. They stay pretty much the same as first listen to me. I'm only certain, for myself, that DDs need a good period of burn time to settle. I have no idea how the other driver types react to burn time, but think Planars might need it, too. .

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2023 at 6:36 AM Post #1,539 of 2,503
How is sr8 compared to the big boys?
I think three of the four configurations of the SR8 are really great. I agree, 1-1 and 0-0 are excellent, and I'm actually really digging the 0-1 treble boost config as well. It's a well-executed bright signature. The 1-0 bass boost config is good-not-great imo. But maybe I feel that way because I'm also listening to the Aurora a lot which absolutely NAILS a similar warm and smooth sig(with less bass). Still though, it's pretty good in a vacuum. I really like this trend of tuning switches; they are fun to experiment with.

Jul 15, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #1,540 of 2,503
I think three of the four configurations of the SR8 are really great. I agree, 1-1 and 0-0 are excellent, and I'm actually really digging the 0-1 treble boost config as well. It's a well-executed bright signature. The 1-0 bass boost config is good-not-great imo. But maybe I feel that way because I'm also listening to the Aurora a lot which absolutely NAILS a similar warm and smooth sig(with less bass). Still though, it's pretty good in a vacuum. I really like this trend of tuning switches; they are fun to experiment with.
@SweetCans928 How would you compare Aurora and the SR8?
What's better in Bass /Mid /Treble and other noticeable differences?

Jul 15, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #1,542 of 2,503
According to akros , the sr8 lacks details compared to neon pro and even the dunu sa6 mk2.
Any thoughts??

I would disagree here... I actually asked him about direct comparison between these too (It might be in comments) and he recommended SR8 but also stated they are quite close together. I would probably get Neon Pro too but the missing vents is a no go for me. I enjoy Akros videos but also noticed he say something about particular set and then in next video he claims something different. I can also quickly compare to FH9 which are very detailed especially with the green filter but the SR8 is not lacking here in details at all. Anyway, these are just my findings

Jul 15, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #1,543 of 2,503
SR8 leans smoother and as such not quite as resolving for micro details. That can be a pro or a con depending on what you’re looking for really - there’s a lot to be said for a smooth, relaxed set that is still competent from a detailed perspective… allows for long listening sessions without fatigue in my experience. NP is in my opinion more detailed, more energetic and ultimately I can’t listen for anywhere near as long as SR8. I’m still getting to know SA6 MK2 - another fantastic set and I’d say again it’s more airy and a touch more detailed vs SR8 but I’m not sure I’d listen for longer sessions… need more time on it though.

Jul 15, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #1,544 of 2,503
Hey Scuba -- Nice observations btw the SR8 and NP! Also cool that you've received the SA6 Mk2... How is the low end (SA6) compared to the SR8? It's been on my radar for a while, but have been purchasing too many other items lately, unfortunately.

Jul 15, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #1,545 of 2,503
SR8 leans smoother and as such not quite as resolving for micro details. That can be a pro or a con depending on what you’re looking for really - there’s a lot to be said for a smooth, relaxed set that is still competent from a detailed perspective… allows for long listening sessions without fatigue in my experience. NP is in my opinion more detailed, more energetic and ultimately I can’t listen for anywhere near as long as SR8. I’m still getting to know SA6 MK2 - another fantastic set and I’d say again it’s more airy and a touch more detailed vs SR8 but I’m not sure I’d listen for longer sessions… need more time on it though.
I’m quite interested to see a comparison between the new Penon Turbo and the Duno SA6 Mk2, since they’re both all BA sets and equally have 6 drivers each. They’re also fairly closely priced and you can by both iem’s direct from Penon (as well as the SR8).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back