Sound Rhyme impression thread
Jul 8, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #1,517 of 2,540
Thanks for the guidence guys. Just ordered SR8 and looking forward to listening to them. SR8 will be most expensive iem in my humble collection. Hope they are worth it :D

Congratulations - in my experience they are absolutely worth the investment and indeed offer significant bang for buck. Sets like this really do emphasise where diminishing returns kicks in with IEMs that cost several times more.

Jul 8, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #1,518 of 2,540
Thanks for the guidence guys. Just ordered SR8 and looking forward to listening to them. SR8 will be most expensive iem in my humble collection. Hope they are worth it :D
I haven't got it, but I do have SR7, and if you like yours as much as I like mine, I think you'll be very happy.

Jul 8, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #1,519 of 2,540
I haven't got it, but I do have SR7, and if you like yours as much as I like mine, I think you'll be very happy.

I’m tempted to pick up SR7 at some point too, they look stunning and I’ve no doubt sound it too.

I wonder if any others on the horizon from Sound Rhyme?! SR9?!

Jul 8, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #1,520 of 2,540
the SR8 is in fact one of the least annoying IEMs I've heard lately, my favorite settings are 1-1 and 0-0, my sound counterpoint is the other enchanting IEM Thor Mjölnir MK2, another fantastic IEM that won't never leave my collection.

I think three of the four configurations of the SR8 are really great. I agree, 1-1 and 0-0 are excellent, and I'm actually really digging the 0-1 treble boost config as well. It's a well-executed bright signature. The 1-0 bass boost config is good-not-great imo. But maybe I feel that way because I'm also listening to the Aurora a lot which absolutely NAILS a similar warm and smooth sig(with less bass). Still though, it's pretty good in a vacuum. I really like this trend of tuning switches; they are fun to experiment with.

Jul 8, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #1,521 of 2,540
I’m tempted to pick up SR7 at some point too, they look stunning and I’ve no doubt sound it too.

I wonder if any others on the horizon from Sound Rhyme?! SR9?!
Wonder if tribrid DTE900 would be available anytime soon.

Jul 8, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #1,522 of 2,540
While I regret not going for one of the custom designs, I do actually like the standard finish too - a few shots today in preparation for my review.

The shells really are quite small considering they house 14x drivers!

IMG_5141.jpeg

IMG_5134.jpeg

IMG_5144.jpeg

Jul 9, 2023 at 1:52 AM Post #1,523 of 2,540
hey guys , how rs8 works for metal? (Tecnical death metal , black , trash)
I read here someone sayning NP are better for metal … i have fh9, fd7 , ie600 and one full ba hand made here on Brazil 8ba , and working on 8ba 4est …

Akros say on Leisurely L8s are 95% of NP someone try L8s? Np blue , L8s red

Attachments

• 7c728a57-2cd9-4c17-adab-e7a435084a8d.jpeg
    7c728a57-2cd9-4c17-adab-e7a435084a8d.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 0
Jul 9, 2023 at 7:20 AM Post #1,524 of 2,540
hey guys , how rs8 works for metal? (Tecnical death metal , black , trash)
I read here someone sayning NP are better for metal … i have fh9, fd7 , ie600 and one full ba hand made here on Brazil 8ba , and working on 8ba 4est …

Akros say on Leisurely L8s are 95% of NP someone try L8s? Np blue , L8s red
While I can't attest to the NP, and don't listen to much metal anymore. I would check out the EPZ 530 too. 5BA set

Akros did a video on them as well recently, where he concluded they are even closer to the NP than the Leisurely L8s. I trust that AüR NP is a marvel of an IEM, but if money is a concern, the EPZ at currently priced currently at 414 USD, must be worth taking a look at. He put it in the same category as the NP, SR8 and SA6 MK2, then that is high praise 👀

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2023 at 7:24 AM Post #1,525 of 2,540
While I can't attest to the NP, and don't listen to much metal anymore. I would check out the EPZ 530 too. 5BA set

Akros did a video on them as well recently, where he concluded they are even closer to the NP than the Leisurely L8s. I trust that AüR NP is a marvel of an IEM, but if money is a concern, the EPZ at currently priced currently at 414 USD, must be worth taking a look at. He put it in the same category as the NP, SR8 and SA6 MK2, then that is high praise 👀
strange company, I would not risk a figure like 414. they have very ridiculous products especially in the low price band. There are those who tried models such as the k5, I also had the q 1. The common problem was the soundstage, a really claustrophobic and awkward scene. i don't know, i would go the safe way

Jul 9, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #1,526 of 2,540
strange company, I would not risk a figure like 414. they have very ridiculous products especially in the low price band. There are those who tried models such as the k5, I also had the q 1. The common problem was the soundstage, a really claustrophobic and awkward scene. i don't know, i would go the safe way
Fair assessment! But let's also not forget, brands like Simgot were for a long time a nobody in the industry, and suddenly started coming out with amazing products. Not saying EPZ is the next Simgot, but brands can improve themselves, despite a bad apple, which we all now most brands have.

By your logic, if you were to try Sound Rhyme's cheaper options you might write them off too. It seems the higher up in price you go, the higher praise their products get. No one talks about the SR1 and SR4. SR5 is praised, but a more niche sound. DTE500 and SR7 seemingly well liked, and SR8 is quite highly regarded.

Ultimately, it's all up to each individual to decide what is most important to them, but having options is never bad in my opinion.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #1,527 of 2,540
Crosspost:

Has anyone heard the Soundrhyme DTE500 and Penon 10th? I’m wanting something with ESTs in it and can’t decide. From what I’ve heard and read the Penon has more bass. I REALLY like the aesthetics of the golf DTE500 so am trying to talk myself into that one but I’m also 60/40 when it comes to bass/treble love. From what others have said they are very much the same in mids and treble.

Am I leaving a lot of bass on the table by getting DTE500? If the Penon was a 10/10 for bass what would DTE500 be?

Jul 11, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #1,528 of 2,540
Crosspost:

Has anyone heard the Soundrhyme DTE500 and Penon 10th? I’m wanting something with ESTs in it and can’t decide. From what I’ve heard and read the Penon has more bass. I REALLY like the aesthetics of the golf DTE500 so am trying to talk myself into that one but I’m also 60/40 when it comes to bass/treble love. From what others have said they are very much the same in mids and treble.

Am I leaving a lot of bass on the table by getting DTE500? If the Penon was a 10/10 for bass what would DTE500 be?

Hey there -- I haven't had the 10th for a few weeks now, but did some comparisons with the DTE500 when I did own it. I recall the bass on the DTE500 being pretty close. If I had to give it a 1-10 rating for each, with 10th being a 10, I'd say the DTE500 is probably around 8-8.5, and with a touch more sub-bass focus with the 10th having a hair more mid-bass warmth.

Also if you want to try the DTE500, I know of one place to get a pair without having to wait for overseas shipment!! 😁
⬇️⬇️

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2023 at 1:25 AM Post #1,530 of 2,540
Embora eu não possa atestar o NP e não ouça mais muito metal. Gostaria de verificar o EPZ 530 também. conjunto 5BA

Akros também fez um vídeo sobre eles recentemente, onde concluiu que eles estão ainda mais próximos do NP do que os Leisurely L8s. Acredito que o AüR NP seja uma maravilha de um IEM, mas se o dinheiro é uma preocupação, vale a pena dar uma olhada no EPZ atualmente com preço de 414 USD. Ele o colocou na mesma categoria que o NP, SR8 e SA6 MK2, então isso é um grande elogio👀
I bought this epz530, Akros doesn't make mistakes

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back