Sound cutting out on Shure SE 535s
Oct 6, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #61 of 66
Be careful getting sweat out of them - once i squeezed the foam, pushed the sweat inside one of them, and permanently broke one of the drivers.

just don't use them for exercise - get something like JayBird X2 bluetooth earphones for that...

Apr 21, 2016 at 3:26 AM Post #63 of 66
Hi all,
Just wanted to contribute to the topic with this video:
https://youtu.be/BFizNJbzXBg

After applying the steps described there sound crackling and cutting out on my SE535 CL's has gone.

Easy solution and needed stuff as shown on the video:
1. WD 40 spray
2. Inter-dental brush
3.A toothpick
4.A sheet of kitchen paper
5. Silicone spray lubricant
Short how to:
1.Clean the connector using the inter-dental-brush and WD40
2.Dry it out and polish it using the paper and toothpick
3.Apply the silicone lubricant using new piece of paper and toothpick.
That's all folks and thank you for watching!

Aug 30, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #65 of 66
I found a rather easy solution that so far works out good for me - WD40
I also had sound issues (cuts...) so I was looking for a solution through out this forums but failed to find one, until I thought of the WD40 solution which is good for any kind of electronic issues
just put a bit of the liquid on a tooth pick and with it go through all the conectors

May 25, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #66 of 66
I am a longtime shure owner, so cable issues and sound cutting out on one or both earphones was a pretty common experience in the past. I've had the Shure 535s now since April. After about a month, the left earphone would begin to lose the sound due to what I assume was a faulty connection between the replaceable cable and the earphone. Some adjusting usually would do the trick temporarily, but the issue became more and more prominent until eventually I couldn't get sound for more than a few seconds without it cutting out (along with some scratching sound vaguely similar to a needle on a record).

Ok, no big deal, maybe my pair was faulty. I sent them back to Shure and got my replacement back, this time determined to take extra care not to place any undue stress the the connection when inserting and removing the earphones.

Here I am, almost 2 months following the replacement, and the issue is starting up again. It is so frustrating! This is worse than the issues I've had with any of their other models in the past. Just unacceptable! I have come to the conclusion that the connection between the replaceable cable and the earphone is going to be prone to this type of issue as it's obviously a weakpoint in the design.

Has anyone else been experiencing this? I am just about ready to say goodbye to Shure forever after 6 years of owning their IEMs exclusively.
I had the same problem twice and like you i'm a long time Shure InEar user but now with less than 11 month using my new replacement SE 535 I bought from Shure, I seriousely looking for another brand and like you saying good by to Shure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back